Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    For me it was the scions. What a wasted bit of game time and a good bit of game time in story for all of it to go nowhere with them.

I thought that was a total waste.
    I was totally expecting them to come back after they made their unceremonious exit partway through the first chunk of the KotFE story...only to find myself susprised that by the end of Chapter 14 there was nary a peep about them. They felt like a pointless attempt at misdirection that largely ended up being a McGuffin to get you to fight Arcann the first time. Was pretty disappointing, because dealing with them on a longer term basis, being a nuisance to both you and Arcann, could have been pretty cool.

To add to that. All they would need to do to completely screw up the changes they proposed is to make the required command tokens from RNG crates to high in conjunction with the unassembled piece (that BTW is sitll an RNG drop on all OPS bosses except the last - Got to force that RNG back in somehow).
    I'm fine with some of the drops being RNG because, as you said the last boss is guranteed. It just sucks that it's OPS/PvP only, two areas of the game that BioWare has largely abandoned for years. And consequently, two area's of the game nobody really bothers with. They may as well have put it into GSF, for fucks sake : /

They gave out a little information and not nearly enough details.
    So...they were BioWare? : D

Their communication has been fucking awful since day one, and I never expect that to change. Especially with Musco still on the damn payroll somehow. HOW THE SHIT DOES HE STILL HAVE A JOB?

Well to be honest, you can get any companion back by just going to the companion terminal. Same thing happened to e and scorpio. go to terminal and get her right back. Cant use her in the story of course but thats always been the case as companions are chosen for you but for the rest of the game, you can use your best companion even if they died.

However, that doesn't make the end game in swtor suck any less at this time.
    Remember, in SWTOR, story matters!...except when it does because you can literally contradict it by resurrecting companions that are officially dead in the story. But ssssshhhhhhhhh, just pretend that it's not painfully hypocritical of BioWare to do that.

1. I like that they are bringing back the ability to get UA pieces from Ops bosses. Not happy that it does not apply to HM FPs but I understand why.
    2. I like that they are bringing in Tokens to get that gear as well. I deff think they should make the token # based on the GC tiers. T1=1 token T2=2 T3=3.
    2a. DO NOT like that you need to use BOTH Tokens and Ops piece to get the gear.
    3. LOVE that the tokens will be legacy wide. This allows for you to get gear for your alts if your main is good.
    4. Making it accessible for those who do not want to run ops to get gear without needing to get into Ops.
    5. Interesting that they took out Expertise. This allows PvE gear to be equal in PvP. Always hated when they added Expertise..

Will NOT let you buy gear with just tokens!!!!! Again a FU from BW. I hope they change this but understand the mindset of Do the work to get the gear. I will just remain dependent on my Crafting 228s and if I get lucky 240s lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    apparently that whole "oh we want everyone to have acess to gear upgrades even if they don't raid" thing just went out the window completely.
    Not at all. Those that do not do Ops can still get their gear. They just have to play the RNG crate game. The UA tokens from Ops are just a way to help those wo DO do Ops get their gear faster. This is something I get behind and understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Well, I bit the bullet and got my annual SWTOR gamecard as per tradition to see the latest story chapters.

VERY disappointed to see every single gear vendor removed from the game. A lot of really cool-looking armor sets were obtainable from those vendors, such as the ones in Oricon.
    Actually most of the Vendor armors are now available through the Armortech Crew Skill. I have one and the Armors are more Cosmetic rather than gaer centric. Like I have the EV Rakata chest piece(my fave) on my Trooper as a skin. Armortech for me has become a skin toon since I can craft all the gear and skin my toons.

Also most of the other armors outside of CC armors are available through the Alliance crates that you get from H2s. You gotta farm for them and hope RNG is your friend but they are there. And the crates come packed with other stuff too like Comp gifts and SH decos.

So you can still get the armors.... but RNGesus better be kind to you or go check out Armortech and see if there is armors you like there. Not the 'best' way to get them but you can get them lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I bit the bullet and got my annual SWTOR gamecard as per tradition to see the latest story chapters.

VERY disappointed to see every single gear vendor removed from the game. A lot of really cool-looking armor sets were obtainable from those vendors, such as the ones in Oricon.

Story-wise I really like how it has progressed, but I'm still pissed off that they deliberately selected the most popular companions and made them NOT come back. The game is just not the same without the likes of Jaesa or Doc, Kira, or Corso.

I really enjoyed the chapters were you pilot a walker. Despite the clunky controls, it felt badass, and I can only think of how much more fun it could have been, had a more talented developer taken this idea and developed it further.

Spoiler territory now: I do feel like the entire arc of SCORPIO taking over the Eternal Throne, handing sentience to the Gemini robots, and all that came along with it, was a waste of time that led nowhere, given that SCORPIO is dead (Or if allowed to live, fuses with the robo-planet, and functionally is dead just as well, given that the radiation means nobody will get to travel there for years to come. Which more or less is the same as if she'd died) and the gemini robots lost their sentience and free will.

That means almost 5 chapters worth of developing that arc led to nowhere and the status quo was restored. Not cool
    The ending of KotET is perfect if they decide to end the game entirely. I mean, as Emperor or Peacekeeper, we have control over the greatest fleet of warships. How can our character go higher than that? I would not be surprised if SCORPIO was kept as a cope out to continue the story, if they choose to. The Eternal Fleet and the GEMINI droids are from Iokath. Since SCORPIO controls the planet, she could decide to retake control of the fleet or destroy it, rendering the Eternal Alliance toothless. It could be back to Republic vs Empire. Personnaly, I would prefer that they stop it there. It is a good, satisfactory ending. It would be best if they simply start another story with a new player character.

As for SCORPIO's story arc itself, I liked it very much. Granted, it had not a lot to do with the main plot in the end, but it was a good closure to her story. However, I would have liked to see Holiday added to this plot. I think she would have fit with Iokath. And the contrast between her and SCORPIO would have been stunning.[/quote]
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Another bit of interesting news that I have a feeling most already knew if you keep up with swtor at all:

http://massivelyop.com/2016/12/16/ma...ss-model-2016/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    The ending of KotET is perfect if they decide to end the game entirely. I mean, as Emperor or Peacekeeper, we have control over the greatest fleet of warships. How can our character go higher than that? I would not be surprised if SCORPIO was kept as a cope out to continue the story, if they choose to. The Eternal Fleet and the GEMINI droids are from Iokath. Since SCORPIO controls the planet, she could decide to retake control of the fleet or destroy it, rendering the Eternal Alliance toothless. It could be back to Republic vs Empire.
    The thing is: That only works if she's alive. What happens to those who killed her? such as me for example?

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is: That only works if she's alive. What happens to those who killed her? such as me for example?
    Bugger. I forgot that was an option. Leave it to Dark Siders to mess things up... But now I understand your point. SCORPIO's story arc does seem pointless and unsatisfactory if she is destroyed.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Another bit of interesting news that I have a feeling most already knew if you keep up with swtor at all:

Well deserved win, IMO. While I think he points to some strange areas specifically, I was surprised to see even Larry voting for SWTOR. He's their resident ultra-hardcore SWTOR fan that continues to write their weekly column for the game, and while he's been critical of SWTOR in the past I don't think he's ever gone this far.

It kinda blew my mind.

Though my discussions with the SWTOR community on Reddit on the topic, and by extension the Command system and peoples complaints about it/about BioWare's joke of a "response" to peoples complaints have been lovely.

Apparently, if you don't raid you don't need any gear, so you don't need gear progression. And if you enjoy gear progression, you're doing it wrong. Or something? I spent all day arguing with a handful of clowns and still can't figure out what they were saying, but that's the closest I could glean : /

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Well deserved win, IMO. While I think he points to some strange areas specifically, I was surprised to see even Larry voting for SWTOR. He's their resident ultra-hardcore SWTOR fan that continues to write their weekly column for the game, and while he's been critical of SWTOR in the past I don't think he's ever gone this far.

It kinda blew my mind.

Though my discussions with the SWTOR community on Reddit on the topic, and by extension the Command system and peoples complaints about it/about BioWare's joke of a "response" to peoples complaints have been lovely.

Apparently, if you don't raid you don't need any gear, so you don't need gear progression. And if you enjoy gear progression, you're doing it wrong. Or something? I spent all day arguing with a handful of clowns and still can't figure out what they were saying, but that's the closest I could glean : /
    I'm reading the comments, and while that's normally a bad idea and the average intelligence is usually tepid at best, I'm seeing posts like

WoW requires a subscription, expansion pack purchases, and then layers gambling boxes and other microtransactions on top of that. Is it even a contest? If there's a method of extracting money from gamers, WoW is using it.
    Like fucking what?
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Like fucking what?
    I mean, they're almost right. If Blizzard introduced a lockbox, they'd have pretty much ticked off every box for how to monetize players. Granted, they'd still have a comparatively smaller cash shop, but WoW is a thoroughly well monetized MMO. I wouldn't say it's a bad business model though.

But yeah, comments are a mix. I like most of the usuals there but there are some special children.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean, they're almost right.
    Not really.

There's a sub, and expac purchase, but that's it. No lootboxes (not in wow anyways, overwatch is another story), their cash shop is minimal, with an incredibly tiny sum of stuff to buy in it (less than 20 mounts, 10 pets, 3 helmets, and that's about it), and they don't coerce players to pay up. You can even play for free with the wow token if you're good enough at making gold, and as of the next patch, can even purchase stuff from their cash shop and blizzard services with gold.

Wow's monetization system is not the best (personally, I like more the "Buy to Play" method used by games such as Diablo 3, or Guild Wars 2) but its hardly anywhere nearly as bad as that comment is trying to make it out to be.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

WOW........ just freaking WOW
    Star Wars The Old Republic (69%, 1,515 Votes) out of 2,182

JESUS.... Can someone put this up in the BW site. 1515 I am sure is about the entire population of the US playing SWtoR right now.

I have been on Ebon Hawk at differing times and on planets like CZ-198, Ziost and there was one other planet I forgot, I was the ONLY person there. At one point there was a total of 6 people before I left CZ-198. And I am sure that those there were doing the GC Planet bonus.

Fleet I have not seen a second instance on either Pub or Imp.... I am so ANGRY at the downward spiral that BW is on and REFUSE to get back on track....

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    Ever since the newest update, my computer freezes up after an hour or so and my CPU overheats. Anyone else have this issue? Any way to resolve this or will I just not be able to safely play SWTOR anymore with my computer?
    clean the dust from your computer, improve its ventilation if cleaning isnt enough. That should do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    clean the dust from your computer, improve its ventilation if cleaning isnt enough. That should do it.
    Well to be fair.. SWtoR does eat up a HUGE amount of Processing power and RAM Memory. Specially if you are running Bitraider. I got rid of my Bitraider from the game and it now runs pretty smooth. Also helps that I have the game on a SSD.

But yea, you will REALLY notice overheating if the CPU and Video card fans are clogged.

Really liked the story this time compared to the last expansion. The Scorpio arc was a bit weird, but i didn't mind it too much. Glad i finally got to kill Koth after hating him from the start. I don't like the fact that i now have to wait 1+ year before more story, although i suppose it's better than buying a subscription every month or two just to catch up.

The part where i got to put a shock collar on that one guy was hilarious. Actually made me laugh.

Deleted
    How much story is there compared to the last addon? I'll just want to grab a one month sub play through it once.

Quote Originally Posted by fryya View Post
    How much story is there compared to the last addon? I'll just want to grab a one month sub play through it once.
    it feels longer than first 9 chapters of kotfe, but shorter than full 16. you can play through it even after your subscription runs out, you just won't be gaining command experience anymore, which unless you plan on keep playing - doesn't matter anyways.

as for solo players not needing gear (this is reply to Edge) I'm alternately amused and frustrated by this assertion, especially now that bioware added harder difficulties to specifically solo content and made them gear dependant. and I love how people are now going "but you still get a chance at gear in lootboxes!" and I go "but it STILL takes for freaking ever, and unlike 4.0 where you could just BUY second best gear with crystals you earned from doing just about everything? STILL RNG dependant"

every time I see news on SWTOR ront and then discussions tha follow - I feel like Simon in Jaynestown episode of Firefly.

"this is what going mad must feel like"

Is there any replay value to the story? I'm playing through on my light side jedi consular, but is it worth running a different class or dark side or anything or is it easy to see the changes coming?

Also, for those agent fans, for Fallen Empire and Eternal Throne, does your past relationship amount to anything with Scorpio above a line or two of acknowledgement?
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Is there any replay value to the story? I'm playing through on my light side jedi consular, but is it worth running a different class or dark side or anything or is it easy to see the changes coming?
    There are some changes if you play dark side compared to light side, mostly to the companions and npcs (the overall direction of the story won't change)

you get to kill off a lot of people for the most part.

on a different note, this is probably one of the most accurate comments I've seen on bioware's announced changes to Galactic command

http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...&postcount=128

I feel like 5.0 was the "New Coke" for this game. People rejected it. "We hate new coke, bring back the original taste!" But rather than say, "ok -we get it, we'll bring back the original coke", the BW response is like this:

"So we are listening and fully willing to make changes for you our customers. What we are going to do, is bring back the original coke packaging and keep the new coke formula inside which we really think you'll like better once you tried 10,000 of them. On top of the can we've replaced the complicated tab system with a directional combination lock which has the solution readily available on the inside of the 12 pack box you purchased. These changes will happen in a month and you'll get an empty original can for every one you've consumed between now and then - so all retro'd for you! As always, we're totally willing to make other changes based on your feedback."

So I just noticed something about the new Xpac and GC xp. EVERY mission you do after 70 gives command points so, while lvling up do NOT talk to your companions. Once you hit 70, do allover their convos. You should be able to get the first 3-5 ranks of GC xp from that alone.