Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Hey guys, sorry I had to dip out for a couple of days because of work. Anything interesting happen?

Also, noticed the thread criticizing the devs lack of communication was shut down. Though a small glimmer of hope. Brasse shut down the thread with this message most of it is the usual talking down that the devs like to do but I also saw this. "If we all agree to be reasonable and kind, I think we can increase the amount of Dev posting as well. I cannot overstate this: Devs take constructive criticism well, but the grinding teeth of anger and unconstrained insults is not something that anyone should have to deal with." Now granted it's not a guarantee that they'll talk about anything meaningful but if nothing else it's a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    Hey guys, sorry I had to dip out for a couple of days because of work. Anything interesting happen?

Also, noticed the thread criticizing the devs lack of communication was shut down. Though a small glimmer of hope. Brasse shut down the thread with this message most of it is the usual talking down that the devs like to do but I also saw this. "If we all agree to be reasonable and kind, I think we can increase the amount of Dev posting as well. I cannot overstate this: Devs take constructive criticism well, but the grinding teeth of anger and unconstrained insults is not something that anyone should have to deal with." Now granted it's not a guarantee that they'll talk about anything meaningful but if nothing else it's a start.
    It's Trion. Of course nothing interesting did. Also SFP levelling is actually horrid. This is the worst levelling experience hands down in any MMO. Xarth Mire and Geldo Badlands go down for me as the worst zones in any game. 68 in Ashenfell as well because all I have is the 40% xp buff from Patron and I'm not paying anything more for XP pots when I shouldn't have to.

And I'll say it again. Brasse is fucking useless as a CM. But not as bad as Dahanese or Ocho.

Oh yeah Wocky quit btw. Deleted all his toons Lyth.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-17 at 04:01 AM.

I've played super little of the game, and that was around 2010-ish, maybe? The biggest criticism I have is that the races are ssooooooo goddamn boring.

Quit playing for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It's Trion. Of course nothing interesting did. Also SFP levelling is actually horrid. This is the worst levelling experience hands down in any MMO. Xarth Mire and Geldo Badlands go down for me as the worst zones in any game. 68 in Ashenfell as well because all I have is the 40% xp buff from Patron and I'm not paying anything more for XP pots when I shouldn't have to.

And I'll say it again. Brasse is fucking useless as a CM. But not as bad as Dahanese or Ocho.

Oh yeah Wocky quit btw. Deleted all his toons Lyth.
    Uh-oh, you end up buying the expansion? Instant regret? Even with all of the "fixes" I still don't think it's worth my money. Guess I'll just keep watching the game.

Yeah, I saw that, it popped up on my YouTube feed, didn't realize that was the same stream we were in the other day. It's amazing how well Trion can shoot themselves in the foot. Oh well, just keep playing Legion and then ME: Andromeda when it comes out. Maybe in a couple of months I'll be able to justify the money for SFP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    Uh-oh, you end up buying the expansion? Instant regret? Even with all of the "fixes" I still don't think it's worth my money. Guess I'll just keep watching the game.

Yeah, I saw that, it popped up on my YouTube feed, didn't realize that was the same stream we were in the other day. It's amazing how well Trion can shoot themselves in the foot. Oh well, just keep playing Legion and then ME: Andromeda when it comes out. Maybe in a couple of months I'll be able to justify the money for SFP.
    Luckily my friend bought it me who ironically is now pissed off with it yet kept begging me to come play. All I bought was Patron for the XP perk because people told me to. And levelling is still fucking horrid. As for me I'll stick with FF14 and Guild Wars 2 for now. Got a load of stuff to play on PS4 too.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-17 at 04:44 AM.

Luckily my friend bought it me who ironically is now pissed off with it yet kept begging me to come play. All I bought was Patron for the XP perk because people told me to. And levelling is still fucking horrid. As for me I'll stick with FF14 and Guild Wars 2 for now. Got a load of stuff to play on PS4 too.
    You know, I did just buy Just Cause 3 on sale on Steam. Might enjoy that more than trying to work with Trion.

Deleted
    I gave up on Rift back in SL I think, because of grinds I think.
    Went back and tried level through bgs because the leveling through questing is quite tedious in the game, but never got a queue to pop.
    Then I read about the first steps in destroying the f2p-model and decided to never play the game again and still haven't. I thought that it would be better to have people pay for expansion rather than destroy the f2p-model that was one of the best on the market, but they decided to do both :P
    Still follow the game from time to time, to see if there are any changes for the better. However, it seems like it never will.

Watched Wockys 2h quit Rift-video, it was interesting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    he he. hope you liked it.

RIFT: Starfall Prophecy - only game I ever stopped playing and found myself doing about the same level of new content that was in the game when I was still playing. Just found I had 15 minutes extra each day to do something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I gave up on Rift back in SL I think, because of grinds I think.
    Went back and tried level through bgs because the leveling through questing is quite tedious in the game, but never got a queue to pop.
    Then I read about the first steps in destroying the f2p-model and decided to never play the game again and still haven't. I thought that it would be better to have people pay for expansion rather than destroy the f2p-model that was one of the best on the market, but they decided to do both :P
    Still follow the game from time to time, to see if there are any changes for the better. However, it seems like it never will.

The model is the least of the woes this expansion. Early Storm Legion was the best time ever for me in Rift.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    he he. hope you liked it.

RIFT: Starfall Prophecy - only game I ever stopped playing and found myself doing about the same level of new content that was in the game when I was still playing. Just found I had 15 minutes extra each day to do something else.
    Pretty much my stance on it now. 69 and I really can't be bothered with that last one level.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-17 at 04:53 PM.

Deleted
    Was looking for a good F2P game.

I went to the rift forums to check out this game after seeing it rated #6 TOP MMORPG by MMORPG.com

So much hate on the RIFT forum. People feel really cheated.

The rift mods and devs are like seriously out of touch with their playerbase and that Brasse guy is seriously condescending.

Funny thing is that all the awards on steam seem to be from MMORPG.com

MMORPG.com must have been sponsored to put it on that list. Not seen so much hate for a game in ages.
    Like 1/2 the stuff is still disabled or not working properly. No raid. Like broken stuff everywhere. Like nothing seems to work.

Looks like it was a great game once, but has gone to crap. Completely gone to crap.

Glad I read the comments in the MMORPG.com video before I went and got suckered.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleNorfeling View Post
    Was looking for a good F2P game.

I went to the rift forums to check out this game after seeing it rated #6 TOP MMORPG by MMORPG.com

So much hate on the RIFT forum. People feel really cheated.

The rift mods and devs are like seriously out of touch with their playerbase and that Brasse guy is seriously condescending.

Funny thing is that all the awards on steam seem to be from MMORPG.com

MMORPG.com must have been sponsored to put it on that list. Not seen so much hate for a game in ages.
    Like 1/2 the stuff is still disabled or not working properly. No raid. Like broken stuff everywhere. Like nothing seems to work.

Looks like it was a great game once, but has gone to crap. Completely gone to crap.

Glad I read the comments in the MMORPG.com video before I went and got suckered.
    Nothings disabled anymore but the expansion is still a pile of garbage. Worst levelling experience of any MMO, Quests still breaking, barely anything to do at 70 and so on. Also yeah ignore MMORPG.com dude. They are full of absolute crap when it comes to MMOs and specifically Rift. Forums are full of irritated people at the moment either disdained with the game or wanting their money back and Brasse really isn't helping the situation with their shitty condescending attitude and claims of "blackmail".

Honestly I'm done telling people to try it out. Avoid Rift. Once the devs get their shit together and start actually listening and releasing polished and quality content then come play it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-21 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Just (finally) watched that video by Wocky. The blackmail thing made me facepalm so hard... holy shit. Blackmail?!? Wow.
    Yeah Brasse is one of the few incompetent CMs Trion have brought in over the years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Just (finally) watched that video by Wocky. The blackmail thing made me facepalm so hard... holy shit. Blackmail?!? Wow.
    trion got him good! poor guy! he says he is okay in video and acts so calm, but he rambles so much, he must be really angry. he seems so calm as he deletes like everything!

why can't I post links? how many do I need to do?

you see the post on his personal blog? wockster dot com

(sorry, can't link - post at bottom)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleNorfeling View Post
    trion got him good! poor guy! he says he is okay in video and acts so calm, but he rambles so much, he must be really angry. he seems so calm as he deletes like everything!

why can't I post links? how many do I need to do?

you see the post on his personal blog? wockster dot com

(sorry, can't link - post at bottom)
    You need 10 posts or more mate. Also thing with Wocky is he is a longtime player. Imagine being a longtime player of any MMO then the design direction takes a complete nosedive and essentially the devs start caring more about the money than working or quality content. Imagine Starfall being released after being with Rift since the very start of those days. The expansion is a joke and the devs don't give two shits about the game anymore. I can perfectly understand Wockys rambling and anger especially after having to deal with Brasse blowing shit out of proportion and her being a condescending piece of shit as she usually is/does.

Also not to fanboy Wocky a bit here but from his recent videos he seems way more happy that he's left Rift behind.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-21 at 11:42 PM.

Ok after doing all 3 70 dungeons. They are piss easy. No challenge whatsoever other than avoid something every so often. Literally Tuath'de Coven was the most boring of the 3.

1st Boss. Hit bear, Hit add healing bear, go back to bear and don't stand in crap.
    2nd Boss. Kill add near hives. Nuke Hives.
    3rd Boss. Nuke.
    4th Boss. Avoid shit on ground, barely any healing needed and just dps.

Our dps and healing was absolute trash and yet we did it with no issues. Other 2 were just as piss easy. Trash and bosses literally have high HP for the sake of it no other reason. There is no challenge in any 3 of the dungeons and this is coming from my first time in each one.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-23 at 11:32 PM.

THe raid looks like trash

There we go, art designers screwed that up big time
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    THe raid looks like trash
    Congratulations on being the first human to invent time travel and jump forward a few months.

The 10-man Raid isn't even on PTS yet, we know nothing much about it except it's mostly likely set in or near Mount Pyre in Ashenfell and is a sort of prison for some of the badder nasties.

Unless you're confusing the 10-man raid with the Fortress Siege 10-man "raid", that's just a zone event where they chose to put the end boss inside it's own instance, it doesn't even have many mechanics, run to a safe zone, off tank spider adds, jump over red lines on the ground, will probably be difficult for a purely randomly formed 10-man through LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Congratulations on being the first human to invent time travel and jump forward a few months.

The 10-man Raid isn't even on PTS yet, we know nothing much about it except it's mostly likely set in or near Mount Pyre in Ashenfell and is a sort of prison for some of the badder nasties.

Unless you're confusing the 10-man raid with the Fortress Siege 10-man "raid", that's just a zone event where they chose to put the end boss inside it's own instance, it doesn't even have many mechanics, run to a safe zone, off tank spider adds, jump over red lines on the ground, will probably be difficult for a purely randomly formed 10-man through LFR.
    So basically it's a raid just part open world and the final bit instanced. Sounds terrible. Also there hasn't been difficult content in Rift since the launch of SFP. Doubt that will change.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post

So, the "raid they showed was just part of the fortress siege,okay

My bad

the fortress siege looks like garbage. If they haven't shown the first raid of the expansion almost two months in. Then that is worse than it looking bad

- - - Updated - - -

So basically it's a raid just part open world and the final bit instanced. Sounds terrible. Also there hasn't been difficult content in Rift since the launch of SFP. Doubt that will change.
    I agree, unlocking the instanced part and then queing for that "raid" seems weird. And that karma system can really fuck up the game.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

That the game is subpar at best, literally the only positive thing I can say about it at this point is the soul system is pretty neat.

The rest is subpar garbage, also the way the community managers etc. Handle criticism is childish at best. While not a part of the game it is a reason why I won't be giving Trion any more of my money.