Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew79 View Post
    I think we need to blow the shit out of China. Show them we are a superpower and they are nothing.
    I think they need to blow the shit out of Sioux City. Show you who's boss and you are nothing.

Deleted
    I think we need to blow the shit out of China. Show them we are a superpower and they are nothing.
    Then ask yourself: why haven't you?

Military intervention is obviously not something the US shies away from. And no doubt militarily you would win, probably without prohibitive losses too at this stage.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-12-17 at 04:19 PM.

Yeah, the fact that they have a lot more nukes would be an oops moment for you.
    And then all those US businesses over there that would suddenly go bankrupt which would tank the US economy...

Was there any intelligence in your post that I overlooked?

Bored of bombing Muslims already, and in need of different looking people to bomb?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a friendly reminder that President Obama is still president of the United States.

This action was committed under Obama's government. Unless explicitly stated otherwise by China, this was a move against the current government and/or the United States as a whole.

It is unrelated to Trump, even if some people love to put the blame of everything on him. "Thanks Trump!" will soon become the new "Thanks Obama!".
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Everything will be "Obama's fault" for the next four years...

- - - Updated - - -

Trump rips China for seizing Navy drone
    “China steals United States Navy research drone in international waters - rips it out of water and takes it to China in unpresidented act,” Trump wrote on Twitter

..I just had to

A short time later, he deleted the tweet and reposted it with "unprecedented" spelled correctly.
    The department said in a statement it is using "appropriate government-to-government channels" to call upon China to return the drone "immediately."

--------------------
    China's reponse: Oh...okay. You can have it back

China said Saturday it will return the unmanned U.S. drone it seized in the South China Sea, calling the issue "hyped up" by the U.S.
    "Upon confirming that the device was a U.S. underwater drone, the Chinese side decided to transfer it to the U.S. side in an appropriate manner," said the spokesman for the Chinese Defense Ministry, Sr. Col. Yang Yujun

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Bored of bombing Muslims already, and in need of different looking people to bomb?
    If you steal from anyone, expect get the shit kicked out of you.

Yeah...that'll happen to China. /sarcasm.

Are you saying that America is to be blown up for wanting to steal Saddams oil then? You know, after he wanted to stop selling it in dollars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    You seem to forget that our laws don't apply to their country?
    Their own laws don't seem to apply to their own country. China does have labor and environmental laws, but if you grease the palms of government officials you can basically ignore them at your convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Their own laws don't seem to apply to their own country. China does have labor and environmental laws, but if you grease the palms of government officials you can basically ignore them at your convenience.
    Sounds like the US and the lobbying done all over DC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Most chinese navy ships are very recent designs and even though most of them lack in electronic equipment and efficiency, Chinese navy ships are very well on top of world standard in both ground attack and anti-ship capabilities (and those are also improving at a scary pace). At this rate in 10 years any direct conflict with Chinese navy would be suicide for any country or bloc.

- - - Updated - - -

Explain it then. Protip: "Protecting allies" doesnt justify any of those actions.

- - - Updated - - -

They dont need to defend anything. Someone was spying and got caught, that's how these things work. All the media outrage on the matter is complete joke (and a double standard, yet again).
    China's most advanced frigate is almost identical in capabilities to the FFG-7 OHP frigates the US procured in the 80s and has withdrawn from service (and are now used by several US allies), its one advantage being a VLS. Its most advanced surface warship (of which they are building 12 of) is inferior in loadout to even a Flight I DDG-51. Chinese ASuW missiles have a very poor reliability record. In 10 years, the USN will still have a superior number of modern surface warships with superior SAMs, superior subs, and superior aircraft.

The US was operating in international water conducting scientific research. Even if they had been conducting active "spying", being in international water means China had no legal authority to steal the drone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    this is like territory disputes 101.
    party A takes military stuff from party B in what it considers it's territory.
    party B sends military stuff into the same area because it considers it international waters.

if they wanna push each other they will start blowing stuff up, but as long as people don't die it's fine and not much will happen.

- - - Updated - - -

i'd say spying. they probably want an up to date map of the sea floor with all those artificial islands popping up, for if/when a submarine or navy seals need to go there.
    Party A: China
    Party B: The rest of the world and international maritime law.

Lobbying in the US changes the laws that protect the worker and the environment to stop protecting them, for business interests. So long as they remain the law however they're enforced. China's laws however are not enforced. In the US you pay to slowly but surely change the laws in your favor over a long amount of time, in China you just pay to get a pass immediately on having to follow them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Yeah, the fact that they have a lot more nukes would be an oops moment for you.
    And then all those US businesses over there that would suddenly go bankrupt which would tank the US economy...

Was there any intelligence in your post that I overlooked?
    China has ~200 warheads on long range missiles and ~200 on short range missiles. The US has ~1900 on long range missiles alone. China hardly has "a lot more nukes".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    China has ~200 warheads on long range missiles and ~200 on short range missiles. The US has ~1900 on long range missiles alone. China hardly has "a lot more nukes".
    Still enough to completely annihilate Sioux City and other warmonger harboring cities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post

Party A: China
    Party B: The rest of the world and international maritime law.
    Yeah it's often the entire world vs one state. But it's just words. Nobody is going to move China out of the area.

At the end of the day chinas political and economic power is a sufficient deterrent for those who have the power to kick them out militarily.

If it were a smaller country or a country without veto power, then yeah, something might happen, but even that is rare these days.

In a while, some countries might refuse to accept chinas claims officially, but everybody who wants to sail a ship there will just follow chinas laws/rules.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-12-17 at 06:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Still enough to completely annihilate Sioux City and other warmonger harboring cities.
    But not useable against them unless China wishes to be destroyed in return.

no self destruct mechanism?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    Yeah it's often the entire world vs one state. But it's just words. Nobody is going to move China out of the area.

At the end of the day chinas political and economic power is a sufficient deterrent for those who have the power to kick them out militarily.

If it were a smaller country or a country without veto power, then yeah, something might happen, but even that is rare these days.

In a while, some countries might refuse to accept chinas claims officially, but everybody who wants to sail a ship there will just follow chinas laws/rules.
    Actually, there are miitary garrisons of several countries in the SCS already and the US isnt going to stop sailing and flying in international regions on OUR terms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    no self destruct mechanism?
    Its just a scientific research drone.....

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbleduck View Post
    Usually when one captures a remote Controll device, it's communication systems had already been disabled , it's not like they catch these things with a fishing pole. But what do I know, right?
    Yup, I am sure the knowledge you have of highly scientific or military drones are rather limited.