Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Warcraft 2 - Tomb of Sargeras

Before I open my question I like you to watch these two small clips:

My question is simple: Who or what was that thing within the "vault" that obviously Gul'Dan opened?

On WC3 there was a section where Mayev Shadowsong was hunting Illidan there and they were reading those writings on the walls where Gul'Dan said that "Sargeras had betrayed him" .. or such and now we have this scenario where Gul'Dan from another reality faces KD who says Gul'dan was punished for betraying the Legion.

So was this red fella at the first cinematic just some random demon or Kil'Jaeden or manifestation of Sarg himself or what?

Deleted
    Just a random demon I think. Like the ones flying around in the WC2 mission itself

10+ Year Old Account
    wow that warcraft 2 cinematic is absolutely garbage. makes you think how far we've come in terms of game cinematics.
    Hi

7+ Year Old Account
    in the audio book it was explained that Gul'dan betrayed the Legion and seek the power of the tomb for him self, Kil'jaden sent demons to kill Gul'dan and his army
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Deleted
    It's a daemon. When you play the mission Gul'dan's base has daemon units in it. They were red skinned devilsin WC1&2.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Daemon_(Warcraft_I)
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Daemon_(Warcraft_II)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    in the audio book it was explained that Gul'dan betrayed the Legion and seek the power of the tomb for him self, Kil'jaden sent demons to kill Gul'dan and his army
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro Tagachi View Post
    It's a daemon. When you play the mission Gul'dan's base has daemon units in it. They were red skinned devilsin WC1&2.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Daemon_(Warcraft_I)
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Daemon_(Warcraft_II)
    Yes! Thank you for these. Got it out of my mind now.

- - - Updated - - -

So who are the first demons?

Deleted
    What do you mean? The one in the cinematic? No name, just the daemon units who appear in his base during the mission.

Deleted
    What do you mean? The one in the cinematic? No name, just the daemon units who appear in his base during the mission.
    I mean that who were the first ones? At the Twisting Nether or what made them as such nasty as they are? Nathrezim are fine as an idea, but really manipulated by the Void.. I mean they got interested about the Void. Nothing more. What are the origins of the demons and who are the frist ones?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just random daemons (as they were called back in the day). I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard retcons it to be somoene specific or maybe even the Avatar of Sargeras himself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Just random daemons (as they were called back in the day). I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard retcons it to be somoene specific or maybe even the Avatar of Sargeras himself.
    the Avatar was dead, the avatar will move by Kil'jaden hands later on in legion
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandraren3000 View Post
    I mean that who were the first ones? At the Twisting Nether or what made them as such nasty as they are? Nathrezim are fine as an idea, but really manipulated by the Void.. I mean they got interested about the Void. Nothing more. What are the origins of the demons and who are the frist ones?
    Ah, no info on that. Just that demons are beings born of chaotic energies in the Twisting Nether.

Damn these cinematics ages so badly, they were certainly behind that of the quality of the C&C95 cutscenes. But they mostly used real actors in front of green screens, kind of a different deal.

Seems to be just a random daemon. I wonder if we'll ever see them in WoW.

From the looks of it this demon could be an ered'ruin(doomguard). they have similarities in how they look. The demons in WC2 were called Daemons, and there is an npc in the Kara chess event named Summoned Daemon, who is ered'ruin.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2016-12-17 at 10:37 PM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Ah, no info on that. Just that demons are beings born of chaotic energies in the Twisting Nether.
    Am I the only one or do you, among many others, believe that Blizzard has this huge __ass__ screen__ at the roof and they just smoke some weed and enjoy the making of this world within 10k +++ years?

I kinda love it!

Deleted
    Am I the only one or do you, among many others, believe that Blizzard has this huge __ass__ screen__ at the roof and they just smoke some weed and enjoy the making of this world within 10k +++ years?

I kinda love it!
    ''Drunk karate pandas? Let's do this!''

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    That's probably just an old Doomguard most likely. They are the closest thing we got to that creature other than Diablo but he is from a whole different IP.

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    That's probably just an old Doomguard most likely. They are the closest thing we got to that creature other than Diablo but he is from a whole different IP.
    Agreed. I especially think that the Daemons being Doomguards thing is true because they used a Doomguard model for it in the Chess Event. Could be a simple reuse, but the resemblance is uncanny.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubark View Post
    Agreed. I especially think that the Daemons being Doomguards thing is true because they used a Doomguard model for it in the Chess Event. Could be a simple reuse, but the resemblance is uncanny.
    Yeah, well gaming tech changed a lot, so that is why I am pretty confident this is just a Doomguard.

Deleted
    I'd still like to get Blizzards official statement about this. Demons left in the dungeon in Azeroth due to what reason and by who?

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd still like to get Blizzards official statement about this. Demons left in the dungeon in Azeroth due to what reason and by who?
    Kil'jaden has the power to open portals - small ones - nearly anywhere he has invaded before, as described in Illidan Novel/