Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    Well. "Star Citizen" won't be released anytime soon. The closest thing is Squadron42 but that is singleplayer only. Star Citizen the persistent universe with multiplayer won't be out for years at best.

Sq42 was supposed to have co-op but it is one of those things that they backed down on. The netcode is still terrible.

On the "good" side, they are about to sell another concept ship.
    Netcode is still the default Cryengine one which is fine for testing. They will change it in 3.0 finally, so it will be much better hopefully.

Hands down the worst livestream I have ever seen. And still no SQ42 preview. I am interested in how you guys will defend this one, because it is completely abysmal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hands down the worst livestream I have ever seen. And still no SQ42 preview. I am interested in how you guys will defend this one, because it is completely abysmal.
    We aren't because it's shit. Good thing you don't have to be able to make a good stream to make a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    We aren't because it's shit. Good thing you don't have to be able to make a good stream to make a video game.
    True. Still, I expected better since they've done it for years.

- - - Updated - - -

Just imagine if a potential backer saw any of this. My god, if it was me I'd run so fast and never look back.

2.6 has been released to the PTU via rolling invite. Here's a quick start guide for Star Marine.

By the way, I like how most posters fell dead silent in this thread. Are you just embarassed about the livestream, more concept sales or are you finally realizing that something isn't quite right at CIG?

Option #4: Tired of refuting the same tired misinformation and constant trolls and negatively-biased posters that don't wish to discuss, but merely rant and cause trouble, so they stopped posting? Turn the thread into cancer and of course nobody wants to get involved anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Option #4: Tired of refuting the same tired misinformation and constant trolls and negatively-biased posters that don't wish to discuss, but merely rant and cause trouble, so they stopped posting? Turn the thread into cancer and of course nobody wants to get involved anymore.
    Yup lol.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    interesting guide for the Maps FPS. but im mostly waiting for the Mining update
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

The only thing that is correct is the "negatively-biased poster" bit. Just like you are a positively-biased poster with the majority of this thread. That's not wrong, we are actually entitled to voice negative opinions of the game. CIG is not a perfect company and I think we should call them out on mistakes. Else they won't improve. A prime example of this is how after years of doing livestreams we had the mess of the other day.

The only reason you're ranting about negatively-biased posters and "trolling" is because the content simply doesn't suit your personal agenda. That is SC-whiteknights in a nutshell really, but it doesn't make you right. "Trolling" on this forum and on the SC reddit/forum usually means "I don't like what you're saying". Big difference between that and people who actually aren't being serious and out to cause trouble.

See, that's the thing: I'm not positively biased, I'm neutral. But since you are negatively-biased you think everyone who isn't also shitting on the game is positively-biased.

See, that's the thing: I'm not positively biased, I'm neutral. But since you are negatively-biased you think everyone who isn't also shitting on the game is positively-biased.
    I don't buy that you're neutral if you step in and dismiss naysayers as trolls and talking about "misinformation" when it is just truth. You've clearly chosen a camp at that point.

Reading through your post history sheds some light on it:

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia
    This situation smells like he-who-shall-not-be-mentioned all over again. When they refuse to acknowledge info that refutes their position and constantly stick to ridiculously outlier viewpoints, then its not a discussion and we should just move on.
    The problem is its literally the same misguided rants over and over again from people flying by the thread. And they never come in seeking answers, they come in claiming to "know" what the game is like, then spout off opinions that prove they have no idea what the game is like nor a wish to know. They read someone elses unfounded opinions that reinforced their prejudices and ran with it.
    I never cease to get a chuckle out of the hordes of clueless trolls et al that come in here complaining about empty hulls being p2w, vaporware, scams, tiny instances, etc. etc. when they have no idea what they're talking about and basically are wearing their own prejudice on their sleeve because they want to.
    So you see, you come off as an anti Derek Smart SC-supporter who is ferociously defending the game/CIG in this thread by generalizing naysayers. Some of who've probably played the game longer than you and have legitimate concerns.

Take a peek at the SC reddit right now or the official forum. I am not alone in being a disgruntled backer at this point, and we're not all trolls. This isn't SomethingAwful, we're real backers who once believed in the game and the company.

So you see, you come off as an anti Derek Smart
    Treating Smart like she attention hungry, shit stirring troll he is has no bearing on what your view of Star Citizen is. He's got a terrible reptuation, and has had for years. And for damn good reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't buy that you're neutral if you step in and dismiss naysayers as trolls and talking about "misinformation" when it is just truth. You've clearly chosen a camp at that point.

So you see, you come off as an anti Derek Smart SC-supporter who is ferociously defending the game/CIG in this thread by generalizing naysayers. Some of who've probably played the game longer than you and have legitimate concerns.

Take a peek at the SC reddit right now or the official forum. I am not alone in being a disgruntled backer at this point, and we're not all trolls. This isn't SomethingAwful, we're real backers who once believed in the game and the company.
    People should be lighting a fire under their asses for that kind of god awful stream.

That said, the reason why people stop coming to this thread very often have more to do with there being posters in this thread for years now who don't understand the difference between being neutral/sceptical whether they can do it, and actively wanting it to crash and burn. You can guess which category Derek falls into. He's a troll out to provoke people and grasp at straws for attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Treating Smart like she attention hungry, shit stirring troll he is has no bearing on what your view of Star Citizen is. He's got a terrible reptuation, and has had for years. And for damn good reason.
    Yep, he is a known and experienced troll since the Usenet days. I think it was a mistake for CIG to even respond to him in the first place. Derek Smart's name is now forever tied to the SC project no matter if it succeeds or fails. He's basically made sure that whatever happens, he'll win.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malibutomi View Post
    Netcode is still the default Cryengine one which is fine for testing. They will change it in 3.0 finally, so it will be much better hopefully.
    I haven't played a CryEngine game where netcode hasn't been an issue for online play. I hope they can do something better, because from what I have experienced with other online games using it, they have been very inconsistent to downright terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Derek Smart strokes his own balls over his own games but even the biggest noob gamer's would agree that the garbage he calls video games that he has made are outright terrible. He even succeeds in being viewed in a worse light for broken promises and making shitty products than the developers of No Man's Sky, which is pretty fucking amazing if you ask me. The fact that I'd view that miserable waste of money called NMS in a much more positive light than that pile of shit he called Line of Defense is a hard pill to swallow, but anyone with a brain would agree that LoD looks like a god damn N64 game and has about as much gameplay depth as E.T from the Atari.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I haven't played a CryEngine game where netcode hasn't been an issue for online play. I hope they can do something better, because from what I have experienced with other online games using it, they have been very inconsistent to downright terrible.
    well i can totally understand that it was fine to test the basic mechanics, and especially to measure what is needed for the gameplay, so they could write their own based on the experience.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW: SC graphics are nothing outstanding right?

Note the helmet HUD visible from the outside

- - - Updated - - -

Parking Merlin in Starfarers belly, then quantum jump:

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently the physics grids are now pretty stable in 2.6

As of now more and more great things surface about 2.6, people are actually amazed by those, so well done CIG.
    Last edited by Malibutomi; 2016-12-19 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malibutomi View Post
    BTW: SC graphics are nothing outstanding right?
    That is not "SC" graphics, it is Unity 3D graphics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    That is not "SC" graphics, it is Unity 3D graphics.
    It is (was) actually CryEngine, not Unity. But they've updated it, so it's not really CryEngine anymore, now called StarEngine

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think many people questioned Star Citizen's graphical output.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi