Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Michelle Obama: Barack Obama is the Parent and the American Public Are His Hurt Littl

Michelle Obama: Barack Obama is the Parent and the American Public Are His Hurt Little Kids

During an interview with Oprah Winfrey, First Lady Michelle Obama pretty much compared the relationship between her husband and the rest of the country to that of a parent and an injured child.

Noting that we’re now feeling what not having hope feels like, Mrs. Obama explained how “hope” was more than a slogan for Barack Obama.
    “Our children respond to crises the way they see us respond,” Mrs. Obama said. “You know, it’s like the toddler that bumps his head on the table and they look up at you to figure out if it hurts.”
    She went on to tell Oprah that she felt that way about the nation and how she believes the president has been that for the country, calling him a “grown up in the White House.”
    http://www.mediaite.com/online/miche...t-little-kids/

And this right there is what a vast number of Americans are fed up with. the liberal smug condescending elitists attitude. Thinking the population are like children in the need of parenting needs to be coddled, cant make decisions on there own needs mommy and daddy government to look after them take care of them. the public needs to be dependent on the liberal elitist to run their lives like children .

I've seen very little evidence that so called "adults" are much more than children who are a bit bigger Sure we wrap it all up in this act; try to kid the others that we've got our shit together. But the number of people who actually DO is pretty tiny.

So personally, I don't think he's wrong really Most people (again, not ALL) are childish idiots as soon as the heat is up. Day-to-day we just keep out heads down and hope tomorrow is very much like today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

This thread is going places.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    You're mad because she said that people look to the leader of this country for leadership?
    leadership and parenting aren't the same
    Michelle Obama was talking about parenting not leadership

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    And this right there is what a vast number of Americans are fed up with. the liberal smug condescending elitists attitude. Thinking the population are like children in the need of parenting needs to be coddled, cant make decisions on there own needs mommy and daddy government to look after them take care of them. the public needs to be dependent on the liberal elitist to run their lives like children .
    Glorious Leader and Father to Nation will care for us in he is Honorable Chairman and Eternal President!

XD

Ugh, yeah the whole "America is my children thing," is made of cringe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

The 2012 Census showed that approximately 35% of Americans receive government welfare. Draw your own inferences from that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I've seen very little evidence that so called "adults" are much more than children who are a bit bigger Sure we wrap it all up in this act; try to kid the others that we've got our shit together. But the number of people who actually DO is pretty tiny.

So personally, I don't think he's wrong really Most people (again, not ALL) are childish idiots as soon as the heat is up. Day-to-day we just keep out heads down and hope tomorrow is very much like today.
    one of the difference in being a child and being an adult an adult supposed to be or thrives to be self dependent a child is forced to be dependent required to be dependent because their lack of the ability to be self dependent
    the liberal elitist requires dependency on government to it to achieve its goals there for they want the population to be child like dependent

Dude, you are mad at this? THIS? Man I really hoped we got over stuff like this. Reminds me of this:

You should start a Tumblr and tell everyone all about how upset you are.
    yah upset enough to make death threats against the EC upset enough to cut my hair and wear safety pins upset enough to sit in a safe space and color

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Dude, you are mad at this? THIS? Man I really hoped we got over stuff like this. Reminds me of this:

that is called ribbing no different then giving Politian's a hard time eating a pizza with a fork

The Obama's have always sounded like sociopaths whose rhetoric and personal beliefs are more at home in North Korea than the free lands of the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Activi-T View Post
    The 2012 Census showed that approximately 35% of Americans receive government welfare. Draw your own inferences from that statement.
    and why democrats want more and more on some government assistance so to make them like dependent children to cement their power and control

I agree with her that Democrats are responding to not get what they wanted in basically the same fashion as a child that had its toy taken away. As a group, they've utterly failed to behave like reasonable adults. I wish they'd look to Obama for a good example of how to conduct themselves.

that is called ribbing no different then giving Politian's a hard time eating a pizza with a fork
    Trump eating pizza with a fork is why I didn't vote for him, even though I am a Conservative. This is not some minor thing.

I mean, we are posting in a thread you made to cry because the analogy used by the First Lady hurt your feelings. Instead of doing what a normal person would do and just moving on with your day, here you are basically looking for any excuse to be upset and whine about it. Making fun of Tumblr is making fun of yourself. They are your left wing counterparts.
    what she said confirms what I have been saying all along how liberals want a parent/child type relationship with the government and the population

7+ Year Old Account
    Very patronizing , I don't expect less from the obamas though

and why democrats want more and more on some government assistance so to make them like dependent children to cement their power and control
    I think it's been shown more republicans are on welfare than democrats but this entire thread is made of cringe.
    Of all things to be upset about you chose this. And mock the democrats for doing very similar things.

Mr. Kettle, Sir Pot called. He says "you're black".

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    I think it's been shown more republicans are on welfare than democrats but this entire thread is made of cringe.
    Of all things to be upset about you chose this. And mock the democrats for doing very similar things.

Mr. Kettle, Sir Pot called. He says "you're black".
    I don't know I get upset when I'm referred to thought of as a child from the president you might not mind it which says a lot about you

what she said confirms what I have been saying all along how liberals want a parent/child type relationship with the government and the population
    I agree this isn't a good thing. Thinking of the population of the United States as your children can lead to problems. In addition incoming president wants to fuck his own daughter

Pretty sure he wants to fuck all of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Your ignorance is astounding. GOP states have the highest ratio of people on welfare. lmao

The GOP is the one that wants everyone getting assistance.