Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    And US side shows it's Alliance dominated?

Though 51.7% to 48.3% doesn't feel all that dominating.

https://realmpop.com/us.html

I also don't know how much I trust this site, our guild has been around for 10 years now and it and a large chunk of our toons don't show up in the list of guilds and players when I sort it, unless I'm missing thing.

On the link above, both Demon Hunter's and Death knights slice doesn't show a name, so I say it's just a spacing thing.
    That is for 0 to 110. Alliance lead until you put it to 101 to 110 for both. Seems a lot of people just find horde more fun than Alliance after actually trying?

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    That is for 0 to 110. Alliance lead until you put it to 101 to 110 for both. Seems a lot of people just find horde more fun than Alliance after actually trying?
    If we do 101 to 100 it's 50.2% Horde to 49.8 Ally. I'm kinda with the others a 2-3% variance doesn't really seems like much of a difference and here we're not even talking about a full 1% difference.

I myself play both sides, which is why it bothers me that out of 21 toons, that website doesn't have a single one of mine. It says it pulls the toons and guilds based on people posting on the AH. But I do see guys from our guild in that list, but not the guild, so it still seems wonky.

Though I always thought more people played Horde than Alliance. If we trust these rough numbers, seems like a pretty balanced playerbase

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    If we do 101 to 100 it's 50.2% Horde to 49.8 Ally. I'm kinda with the others a 2-3% variance doesn't really seems like much of a difference and here we're not even talking about a full 1% difference.

I myself play both sides, which is why it bothers me that out of 21 toons, that website doesn't have a single one of mine. It says it pulls the toons and guilds based on people posting on the AH. But I do see guys from our guild in that list, but not the guild, so it still seems wonky.

Though I always thought more people played Horde than Alliance. If we trust these rough numbers, seems like a pretty balanced playerbase
    It has actually changed since I typed that out lol.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    therei sn o way that is accuraute, when a new class comes out it is usually rather low on the max level sense, as most people stick to their mains
    some will reroll Dh but not all
    so there is no way Dh the new class, that only has 2 race options is the highest now
    OR that warlock is below monk, as monk has allways been by far the furthest down played class
    Doesn't surprise me at all. Do you not remember the number of death knights we saw when they came out? Not forgetting of course that these stats show characters, not players. There will be alts amongst these figures, and a max level DH alt is easy to obtain with their starting level. Plus Illidan and all that.

As for locks and monks - that doesn't surprise me either. If you look back to the start of the expansion warlocks were not a popular class.

Outside of the world of raiding, where you don't have to worry about rosters and that sort of thing, where the majority of the playerbase is, this doesn't surprise me at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    Doesn't surprise me at all. Do you not remember the number of death knights we saw when they came out? Not forgetting of course that these stats show characters, not players. There will be alts amongst these figures, and a max level DH alt is easy to obtain with their starting level. Plus Illidan and all that.

As for locks and monks - that doesn't surprise me either. If you look back to the start of the expansion warlocks were not a popular class.

Outside of the world of raiding, where you don't have to worry about rosters and that sort of thing, where the majority of the playerbase is, this doesn't surprise me at all.
    death knights could be every race
    and at max level they were pretty much the same as all the other classes
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Six months?

Try less than four.

Legion released end August 2016. This is December.

therei sn o way that is accuraute, when a new class comes out it is usually rather low on the max level sense, as most people stick to their mains
    so there is no way Dh the new class, that only has 2 race options is the highest now
    OR that warlock is below monk, as monk has allways been by far the furthest down played class
    The devs at blizzcon said something like 1/3rd of accounts had a DH at 110. They seem to be the most popular alt by far. I don't see many people maining them though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    The devs at blizzcon said something like 1/3rd of accounts had a DH at 110. They seem to be the most popular alt by far. I don't see many people maining them though.
    uhh no that was 1/3 the players had MADE a demon hunter
    not got them to 110

- - - Updated - - -

also yeah wtf :P its not even 4 months in yet
    not till the end of december wil it be 4 months, let alone 6
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

not got them to 110
    Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if many people levelled them just for herbing, before 7.1 and blood vendor / prolonged power prices of pots were crazy and DH has good mobility all around, can glide off cliffs and in case you didn't have any spare alt lying around it starts right at the doorstep of legion level bracket. It's also pretty good to level (good burst, good aoe, can go tank for hard mobs and so on).

Raiders often needed a herbing alt while casuals could make crazy gold back then. And I don't know how many people feel similar to me but I hate dropping professions on my main because I invested a lot of time and effort to gather various patterns.

But yeah, it resembles a lot early WOTLK, I remember going on my priest into some TBC levelling dungeons and having 4 dks and my priest as heal.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2016-12-17 at 02:54 AM.

not got them to 110
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=257454/b...-retrospective

2/3 Legion accounts have made a demon hunter.
    30% of those have made it to 110.
    Not quite 1/3, but that's still a TON of demon hunters...
    Last edited by iperson; 2016-12-17 at 02:54 AM.

Well, unlike other new classes that were added in the past DHs start at lvl really close to lvl cap.

And belves were always Horde's most popular race
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-12-17 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    1 - How accurate is that website?
    As accurate as Blizzard's armory. All data is through the armory api.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Love how the OP still hasn't addressed how it's not even close to 6 months yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    or prefer horde for serious playing, both competitive and non-competitive. New players at lower level seem far more likely to choose human - since the other races will be strnage and unfamiliar, especially those new to MMOs... but I am thinking after playing the game and finding the best players on horde or the cooler stories they always switch.

Blizzard if fine by this, but I think the shift to a night elf based expansion might be indicating blizzard willing to start writing good alliance orientated or alliance race based storylines - without making them look terrible or worse. Ofc this may be premature.. if they take nightborne over to the horde or horde aligned at the end of the expansion, it would effectively once more give the horde the coolest portions of the new expansion leaving the alliance and night elves scratching there heads. So I can't really conclude any shift is taking place or back in balance until later.

But it's worth thinking and wondering whether faciton balance will be affecting story - they certainly overplayed the horde to exasperation in WoD, and this is the first expansion horde races haven't been centre stage or played a major role or the coolest role, that goes to the night elven based nightborne.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Love how the OP still hasn't addressed how it's not even close to 6 months yet.
    it's nearing 6 months, the 6th month does start at the end of next month .. assuming expansions really peak in the first few months, it's probably the best time to monitor statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
    Not even a full 4 months in
    Apparently counting to 6 is just too hard.

^lol 3.5 + 1.5 = 6 apparently
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2016-12-17 at 03:27 AM.

Well monks are fun as hell to play right now, whereas warlock ehh... not so much

not necessarily, things can change, it could be THAT enjoyable or well done, not to mention the fastest way to level 110 and all you need is a level 70 and wanted to get into legion - and didn't care about an existing character. for some it's an extra level 110 toon, main + this and for others it's the opposite, they switched mains, DH first, and previous main second

you get all those added to the numbers. They did say it's been there most popular new class ever. That edgy anti-hero, vibe matches the dark fantasy trope most players flock to, and it's actually the first class with a cool elven theme to it. It makes elves actually cool in wow, which face it, they've been kinda a joke we know vain players mostly tend to be fascinated with as outside their looks there is nothing special or cool or edgy to them. That was until Demon Hunters.

My biggest gripe with this thread is "nearly 6 months in", while in reality, the expansion isn't even 4 months old to this date.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Ok.

1 - How accurate is that website?
    Very. It uses Armory API.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    My biggest gripe with this thread is "nearly 6 months in", while in reality, the expansion isn't even 4 months old to this date.
    don't be so swept up in the semantics, i didn't even say it was 6 months, just said nearly, the point wasn't accuracy, the exact time spent in the expansion is quite definite, so using an approximation should indicate that the time is not the focus or hinging point of the post, it just helps to emphasize the point = it's not important in and of itself, the jist of it was that enough time has past to consider current information a good (not precise) indication or outlook of the game flow now and up to the 6th month which starts at the end of January.

Language is not always intentionally used to be precise, someitms getting lost in teh detail, will cause you to lose the information that is been conveyed or mis-understand what's been said, or worse of all miss out on what's intersting or unique about it (in a positive way)

It's like some of the less well put together movies I watched in the past, I use to get cheesed off by every detail that was in accurate or nonsensical, and quickly found myself not enjoying the majority of the movies I watched falling into a defacto fault finding mode in search of perfection. Then it hit me, it doesn't have to be perfect, it's not God, it's made by men, and allowing myself to be irritated by the errors was a choice and stealing away what was good about the movie. So I let it slide and started enjoying them much more, i even started discovering a lot of those "flaws" were part of the flavor, some intentional, many weren't meant to be taken so literally which I was doing and thus finding more flaws than were necessary or even there.

I find people do this with literature texts too, and too often it prevents them from discovering the real meaning of waht they are reading or the message of the author and thus they lose the real benefit or insight of the knowledge. It's not alway laid out or presented logically and mathematically - in fact, that approach is the far less common one. I discovered later that some people's brains are mathematical and others are not - so they only have half of the picture and often miss sometimes in pride even look down on others not like them completely oblivious to how much information they are actually missing out by being so arrogant. qutie ironic. I know i neither have a left sided brian or right sided but in the middle - i appreciate both aspects, I also know a person is not confined or limited to one side either, you may start off in one side or find it easier, but in time you can grow to learn and discover the other and thus actually improve beyond your original expectation.

Don't always be caught up in detail, especially detail that isn't really relevant.