Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Every MMO everywhere needs to consider making more things account-wide...
    I have to say that this sort of thing really p..ses me off. There is no reason not to have account wide stuff. For example, a pet peeve of mine with WS was that the mounts weren't account wide. It sort of put me off the game because I had some decent mounts but didn't want to use them because I wasn't sure what char I would be maining.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    It's a great game but it needed a better company than Carbine behind it. Honestly if NCSoft had basically told Carbine to fuck off after the absolute garbage lead up to F2P then it might have stood a chance.

Now though it's not even going to die with a restropectice it's just gonna quietly go out with a whimper.
    For me, I am stalled at level 15 odd or something like that because I almost stopped getting XP. I want to complete the map I am on because that's the way I like to play but I get penalized heavily for doing that. It's absurd that I should get penalized for trying to do all of the content. I don't want to create 15 alts to run through the content again and repeat stuff just to do the odd thing that I missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    There is no reason not to have account wide stuff.
    $$$$$$$$ on both ends

Either the game wasn't set up with that functionality in mind and the amount of work that would be required is prohibitively time consuming/expensive, or the publisher/developer simply hopes people will be buying multiples of things so they can give them to multiple characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    $$$$$$$$ on both ends

Either the game wasn't set up with that functionality in mind and the amount of work that would be required is prohibitively time consuming/expensive, or the publisher/developer simply hopes people will be buying multiples of things so they can give them to multiple characters.
    As a software architect, I can't see how the first is true. Implementing account wide stuff would be trivial, even if the UI followed at a later date. I think it must be the second one. Try and monetize the living daylights out of things.

I really wish the WS had gone B2P instead of F2P to try and get more of a cash injection. They could have relied less on this sort of nickel and dime stuff.

As a software architect, I can't see how the first is true. Implementing account wide stuff would be trivial, even if the UI followed at a later date. I think it must be the second one. Try and monetize the living daylights out of things.

I really wish the WS had gone B2P instead of F2P to try and get more of a cash injection. They could have relied less on this sort of nickel and dime stuff.
    Honestly. I think it wouldn't have done so bad going B2P/F2P with cash shop right from the start. Along with launch issues piling on a sub wasn't really a smart idea imo.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-16 at 01:07 AM.

Having worked on a few MMO's in the past, believe it or not it can be an issue. I know one of the games I worked on had to delay announcing it because they initially thought it would be pretty easy to make a feature account-wide but ran into some odd problems apparently (I don't understand engineer speak so don't ask me what they were -_-). They ended up resolving them within a reasonable timeframe thankfully, but this kind of shit comes up all the time in MMO's in my experience.

They'd still need to for longterm revenue. The upfront box price helps get you a nice initial cashflow bump, but you need to still have a robust cash shop and a desirable subscription for the longterm.

And honestly, with the place WildStar was in when it was transitioning business models, it wasn't strong enough to justify a B2P transition. It was in an even weaker position than TSW (IIRC), and even that game saw some struggles in the short term after its transition before getting its footing for a while (now they're struggling again, sadly). I think their financials would have looked even worse if they'd have done that, because most folks simply wouldn't have purchased the box.

And it would have required them to rethink the $1 sale they had on the game when it was a part of taht humble bundle and shit, because that would have been a huge loss of revenue (rather than being what it was, which was more "priming the pump" for the F2P transition and trying to get some folks in during its last months as a P2P game by all but removing the box cost).

I have to say that this sort of thing really p..ses me off. There is no reason not to have account wide stuff. For example, a pet peeve of mine with WS was that the mounts weren't account wide. It sort of put me off the game because I had some decent mounts but didn't want to use them because I wasn't sure what char I would be maining.
    Agreed. As an altoholic, I'm disinclined to buy anything that isn't account wide.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

they could copy SWTOR and have a collections tab where you can pay a small sum to unlock bought items to all of your characters or an ever smaller sum to unlock per character..

but what i really want is that promotional mount i got on some random char i dont play to be account wide >.<

New info about content and features coming in the next few weeks!

Source: Pappy (Chad Moore, game director) Twitch Winterfest stream.

"We found the next major step for Wildstar in 2017"
    WILDSTAR, The best f2p themepark mmorpg! Play today! http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/freetoplay/
    Come join me and thousands of others

I am also pretty excited that we are getting news earlier than I expected.

As probably the biggest Wildstar fan here I would say I am very curious to know what this "major step" is
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    they could copy SWTOR and have a collections tab where you can pay a small sum to unlock bought items to all of your characters or an ever smaller sum to unlock per character..

but what i really want is that promotional mount i got on some random char i dont play to be account wide >.<
    SWtOR has one of the worst f2p models I ve ever seen. I d rather they dont go that route

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    SWtOR has one of the worst f2p models I ve ever seen. I d rather they dont go that route
    Pay to hide helmet and not even being able to design nice looking helmets? Well, perhaps they managed to do later on, but pre-f2p you wanted to hide most helmets in game :P Swtor is among the worst, probably the worst when looking at mmos in west (russian doll style of lockbox, lockbox inside lockbox inside lockbox...). Trion is doing a good job at getting close though :P And perhaps that company running mmos in EU, that has Aion for example.
    Wildstar f2p-model is awesome, but I can understand frustration when only seeing cash shop updates and not "real" content. However, it is a christmas event and it would have been strange if they didn't update the store accordingly, it would be throwing away money not making use of holiday seasons to sell limited items in store stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildbark View Post
    New info about content and features coming in the next few weeks!

Source: Pappy (Chad Moore, game director) Twitch Winterfest stream.

"We found the next major step for Wildstar in 2017"
    Pvp love incoming? Well, a pvp player can dream :P

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    didn't say they should copy the whole model just a piece of it that i liked...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    didn't say they should copy the whole model just a piece of it that i liked...
    well made me smile

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post

As probably the biggest Wildstar fan here I would say I am very curious to know what this "major step" is
    made me smile

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    I am also pretty excited that we are getting news earlier than I expected.

Better be a decent 2017 for them or quite simply. They be fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Pvp love incoming? Well, a pvp player can dream :P
    Probably, leaderboard were a start, no doubt season 2 is coming next year
    WILDSTAR, The best f2p themepark mmorpg! Play today! http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/freetoplay/
    Come join me and thousands of others

Given the relative skeleton crew they're rolling with nowadays, I'd advice folks to keep their expectations tempered. I'm hopefully that they'll announce some awesome shit, but trying to keep in mind that it's likely pretty small in scale given the size of their updates even when they were running with a full house.

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post

made me smile
    Well I feel I am more objective than you, but it I still love it and it is my favorite mmorpg
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Given the relative skeleton crew they're rolling with nowadays, I'd advice folks to keep their expectations tempered. I'm hopefully that they'll announce some awesome shit, but trying to keep in mind that it's likely pretty small in scale given the size of their updates even when they were running with a full house.
    I've no doubt it will be awesome, but agree it will come in small amounts! Carbine spent 18 months fixing, completing, then changing the business model, guess this left little time to push new content. Having said that, they finished and pushed out Arcterra and a new raid.

I'm betting on: New UI, new super hard dungeon, new casual player instance, housing neighbourhoods, weapon dyes ( they just sneaked in some neat housing items dyes and preview without even telling us ) And a new off world zone that follows on from, or continues the story of the new raid.

So what is the state of the game, honestly. Is there a decent enough player base? Will finding some progressive PVE content to advance through with a raid group be pretty achievable?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan11d7 View Post
    So what is the state of the game, honestly. Is there a decent enough player base? Will finding some progressive PVE content to advance through with a raid group be pretty achievable?
    100% we have new guilds just starting with the first 2 raids, and more and more are hitting RMT! Seeing lots of guild spam in chat