Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Curious How Others Are Spending AP For Off-Specs

Just wondering how everyone else is dumping their AP into off-spec artifacts. Are you getting your 5% in all of them and then pushing your main spec .5% traits?
    Last edited by Generical; 2016-12-17 at 02:02 AM.
    -Insert witty signature here-

spending them for the 0.5 increments ..it's 2-2.5k dps pr point

i don't rly play either sub or outlaw. outlaw is at 22, sub is at 30 and i don't plan to max them out untill i get 25 AK

so the best for me, in terms of throughput, is just investing it in sin

I play sub and assa casually in heroic raids. I have currently 35 in sub and tomorrow 35 in assa. After that i put everything into sub, because i am naive and have the hope blizz will "fix" sub for the good (ok i have sub legy boots and no assa only legy but an outlaw one yay). I had for some time the urge to go find a mythic raid group but i am
    too lazy to get into one and all this "get best enchants, gems, join our guild" made me stay a casual

I've put all of my points into outlaw (since I mostly play M+ and really like outlaw, plus I don't really like assassin and never really tried sub)

I just got my 5% damage bonus and now I'm still going to be pumping AP into the dread blades, but I won't spend any on the .5% upgrades. Pooling up those points until the next patch if thats when they are adding the new trait levels.

The way I see it for offspecs is, the longer I can hold off the more efficient it will be with higher AK.

Quote Originally Posted by Valnar View Post
    I've put all of my points into outlaw (since I mostly play M+ and really like outlaw, plus I don't really like assassin and never really tried sub)

I just got my 5% damage bonus and now I'm still going to be pumping AP into the dread blades, but I won't spend any on the .5% upgrades. Pooling up those points until the next patch if thats when they are adding the new trait levels.

The way I see it for offspecs is, the longer I can hold off the more efficient it will be with higher AK.
    Don't hold onto your ap if you already put it into the weapon, they've already confirmed that doing so will have no benefits whatsoever so you should just get the traits, only reason to hold onto ap tokens is if you're not sure what spec to use them on. And we aren't getting new trait levels until 6.2.

outlaw 35
    Assa 41
    Sub 34

not sure what im doing

Deleted
    if the 7.1.5 changings are coming live assassin will be realy great for mythic +7.
    some Vigor builds with MP and deadly poisen will also be better for AoE raid encounters.

So: outlaw is not so necessarry anymore, dumping anything into assa.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Don't hold onto your ap if you already put it into the weapon, they've already confirmed that doing so will have no benefits whatsoever so you should just get the traits, only reason to hold onto ap tokens is if you're not sure what spec to use them on. And we aren't getting new trait levels until 6.2.
    I believe what he's saying is he will put those points into his dreadblades but isn't going to spend them so he can put them into the talked about trait bonuses when they get added. I've considered always having enough to be able to redo them just in case dumping them into improved traits proves better that flat percentage increases

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haloswin View Post
    I believe what he's saying is he will put those points into his dreadblades but isn't going to spend them so he can put them into the talked about trait bonuses when they get added. I've considered always having enough to be able to redo them just in case dumping them into improved traits proves better that flat percentage increases
    They already stated in the FAQ that they wont let you do this. What will happen is all banked up AP will automatically transfered into the 20 points of Paragon anyway. They dont want you to not spent your current AP. It might also happen that you only can choose the further traits if Paragon is completly outskilled.

So the only thng you are doing by banking up AP is you cripple your damage for that amount of time you bank it.

Deleted
    I havent even used that initial free 100 AP for offspecs. I only play rogue as Assa and all my AP goes into Assa till its fully capped.

Sub 35, Mut 34 (close to 35, will have it probably tomorrow), Outlaw 25 ish.

Planning to get all three to 35 for the 5% trait and then putting my focus into whichever spec ends up being the most competitive for raiding after 7.1.5's changes and in Nighthold.

Quote Originally Posted by NarfTV View Post
    They already stated in the FAQ that they wont let you do this. What will happen is all banked up AP will automatically transfered into the 20 points of Paragon anyway. They dont want you to not spent your current AP. It might also happen that you only can choose the further traits if Paragon is completly outskilled.

So the only thng you are doing by banking up AP is you cripple your damage for that amount of time you bank it.
    Do you have a source for this? I've been looking around, but can't find much on what'll happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevvy View Post
    Do you have a source for this? I've been looking around, but can't find much on what'll happen.
    I don't think they've announced (or come to, anyway) a specific solution to it yet, but they did say that there would be some system in place to discourage banking AP.

From the recent Q&A:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=258239/p...ledge-in-7-1-5

https://www.twitch.tv/warcraft/v/105899941?t=53m38s

Q: Any plans to stop us from hoarding AP before ̶7̶.̶1̶.̶5̶ 7.2?

A: You really shouldn't sit at level 35. Regardless of where we land on the final design, the system will function to NOT reward this. This will probably act as transforming the final trait into the new ranks of traits or simply refunding the AP in your 35th trait. You are just denying yourself power in the short term. Do not sit on AP unspent.
    Last edited by Generical; 2016-12-18 at 11:07 AM.

Deleted
    So there will be new traits with 7.1.5? I was sure theylo come with 7.2

Quote Originally Posted by Enterich View Post
    So there will be new traits with 7.1.5? I was sure theylo come with 7.2
    I think they mistakenly put 7.1.5 in the transcript. In the actual video it says 7.2.
    Last edited by Generical; 2016-12-18 at 11:12 AM.

Deleted
    35(sin), 35(sub), 32(outlaw) , burning Outlaw up to 35 and then going ham on sin till Nighthold. My assumption is Sub will pull ahead sometime in NH so I wanted to be ready, outlaw will most likely remain garbage for some time but now feels like the only time I'm likely to do it so I'm getting it to 35.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just dumping my excess into Outlaw in hopes that it's at least playable at some point in time during this expansion.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

35/35/35 and i currently filled entire bank and almost all my toons bags with ap tokens having no clue what to do with them.

Currently sitting on 8.7 million ap on tokens and 2.23 million in all 3 weaps unspended. I dont trust blizzard a single bit what they r saying or doing about specs atm.

Need to start spending cause im running out of space.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrarolls View Post
    outlaw 35
    Assa 41
    Sub 34

not sure what im doing
    Sub 34
    Assassin 31 (?)
    Outlaw 14

I feel ya lol

Definitly gonna get 35 on all specs first. I'd rather have the option to play all of my specs rather than a 5% dps increase on my main spec. Granted that with AK ramping up I don't think it'll take super long to get 35 in all anyway.