Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

The Swedes are afraid to go out alone

Both men and women are afraid to go out alone in Sweden, figures from the Swedish Public Health Agency show. In Skåne, almost half of the women say they do not feel safe anymore, and also nationally the percentage is staggering and alarming.

Swedish women feel unsafe. An entire 41% of women in Skåne County (which include Malmö) say that they do not dare to go out alone anymore. They are afraid of being raped. New figures from the Public Health Agency for the years 2013-2016 show that hundreds of thousands of Swedes are terrified throughout Sweden. Nationally a staggering 35% of the women in Sweden are afraid to go out alone.

A total of 26 percent of people in Skåne say they do not dare to go out alone. Among women it is 41 percent and among men 11 percent.

- What we tend to highlight is the fear of becoming a victim of a sexual abuse. It is larger in women than in men, says Anita Heber, a researcher of criminology at Stockholm University, to SVT.

For men it is the likelihood of ending up in an unfair fight that scares the most.

This is something many can relate to, going home alone in the dark from the metro or a bus. Even in populated areas. It is therefore almost inconceivable that there are so many women who are active initiators for losing the safe society we once had. Those who are a little older remember well the time where a rape was front-page news in all the newspapers:

In Sweden, thousands of sexual crimes are reported each year, and 53% of these have occurred in public places. Therefore it is no irrational fear that makes Swedish women no longer dare go out alone. The danger is as real as the horror.

http://speisa.com/modules/articles/i...out-alone.html

This is an entirely new situation in Sweden. What could have caused this?

I remember a time on this forum when Swedish posters were exactly like Canadian posters are now.

Fast forward nearly 10 years and you dont hear a pipsqueak from a Swede regarding immigration.

Immigration = Great for the economy..........but a bad experience for the individual?

It really does make me wonder how Canada will turn out.

Im from London and personally feel immigration has had a majority negative impact. Although im sure it has been "great for the economy".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmithc777 View Post
    I remember a time on this forum when Swedish posters were exactly like Canadian posters are now.

Fast forward nearly 10 years and you dont hear a pipsqueak from a Swede regarding immigration.

Immigration = Great for the economy..........but a bad experience for the individual?

Im from London and personally feel immigration has had a majority negative impact. Although im sure it has been "great for the economy".
    its just horrible, what value is being added to our countries by taking in these "refugees"

Deleted
    I love how Daneman went from: "it's because of immigration, refugees and muslims" ( which gets him banned) to: "oh my wonder what could have caused this?". Clever girl.

If Sweden allowed conceal and carry, this would be a non issue (or at least not be nearly as big of a one as it seems to be). You'd be amazed at how fast crime rates in general drop when you start allowing law abiding citizens to arm and defend themselves. When the criminal has to worry about getting shot if they do something illegal to someone else, then they suddenly start questioning their choices in life. That or they go to idiotic gun-free zones where they know their chances of getting shot are a lot less (seriously.....there is zero reason for gun-free zones anywhere where conceal and carry is allowed....you're literally painting a target on the area for criminals to flock to).

It's interesting your link doesn't have a link to the publication from folkhälsomyndigheten. Nor can I find this supposed document on their website. I mean, since when was it possible to write a legitimate article and not quote your sources?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    I love how Daneman went from: it's because of immigration ( which gets him banned) to : oh my wonder what could have caused this?
    The Left have always been forced to silence opposition in order to stay in power.

If you take a look at a very hard left country like North Korea, workers at the bottom rung of society are beaten and burned, bodies stored in warehouses until disposed of (yes, this is true) because they complain about living standards.

That situation starts with this.....voices needing to be silenced when the system doesnt work for them.

Its why so many hard left leaning reigns go on to be Authoritarian.

The hard Left system has no mechanism to appease bottom rung workers. So they are silenced.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    its just horrible, what value is being added to our countries by taking in these "refugees"
    Economic gain.

(Slave labour)

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    If Sweden allowed conceal and carry, this would be a non issue (or at least not be nearly as big of a one as it seems to be). You'd be amazed at how fast crime rates in general drop when you start allowing law abiding citizens to arm and defend themselves. When the criminal has to worry about getting shot if they do something illegal to someone else, then they suddenly start questioning their choices in life. That or they go to idiotic gun-free zones where they know their chances of getting shot are a lot less (seriously.....there is zero reason for gun-free zones anywhere where conceal and carry is allowed....you're literally painting a target on the area for criminals to flock to).
    Lol what? Are you serious? *Looks at US crime rates* LOL, are you actually serious?

Remember to wash your glory suit for the annual christmas cross burning, folks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    What could have caused this?
    Who knows?

Immigration from countries that aren't largely incompatible with your own is generally a boost to the economy, and doesn't enormously negatively impact public safety. Of course, Sweden hasn't been focusing on those countries as sources of immigration. They let a left-based experiment reach country-wide status and let them control discourse for so long that it has basically become irreversible at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Lol what? Are you serious? *Looks at US crime rates* LOL, are you actually serious?
    Areas that allow conceal and carry generally have much lower crime rates (especially crimes that are targeted at individuals specifically like rape, mugging, etc). Areas like Chicago and their retarded gun laws, however, generally have much higher crime rates and help to keep the national statistical average higher.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...permits-soar-/

http://crimeresearch.org/wp-content/...nter-Final.pdf
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2016-12-18 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Immigration from countries that aren't largely incompatible with your own is generally a boost to the economy, and doesn't enormously negatively impact public safety. Of course, Sweden hasn't been focusing on those countries as sources of immigration. They let a left-based experiment reach country-wide status and let them control discourse for so long that it has basically become irreversible at this point.
    Unless youve been living under a rock for the last 10 years youll know this is the situation with most of the Western World, not just Sweden.

Do you not read any news regarding Europe whatsoever?

- - - Updated - - -

Areas that allow conceal and carry generally have much lower crime rates (especially crimes that are targeted at individuals specifically like rape, mugging, etc). Areas like Chicago and their retarded gun laws, however, generally have much higher crime rates and help to keep the national statistical average higher.
    I think you missed the point.

You are comparing gun situations with gun situations.

Try comparing gun situations to no gun situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    It's interesting your link doesn't have a link to the publication from folkhälsomyndigheten. Nor can I find this supposed document on their website. I mean, since when was it possible to write a legitimate article and not quote your sources?
    You can find all the info on their database in any case.

http://fohm-app.folkhalsomyndigheten...c-6aab330d9c00

Last edited by Gully Man; 2016-12-18 at 07:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chicago allows concealed carry, just not in public transit and in bars, private property is owner's discretion, honestly sounds like the law here in Texas

Unless youve been living under a rock for the last 10 years youll know this is the situation with most of the Western World, not just Sweden.

Do you not read any news regarding Europe whatsoever?
    Hello, newly signed up, relatively rude person. I actually live in northern Europe (traditionally a part of what people mean when they say western Europe), right next to Sweden. In another country that has taken in masses of these refugees. Granted, not as many, because we are marginally less insane, and didn't let public discourse run away quite to the point that Sweden did.

Regardless, I'm curious as to whether you have an actual argument? Of course, it's rather more likely that you were simply setting up a strawman to make yourself look good. In that case, hearty congratulations, you're contributing hugely to this thread. Everyone's very proud of you.

Strong vikings must find ways to reproduce. I see nothing wrong with this.

Deleted
    I've been in Sweden past summer , and 1 of the first things i noticed is that you see very few police , ( we even had a laugh this one time in Gotenburg where we spend the entire day and only saw 1 policeman and he was even on a horse xD ) , ok we probably just have been unlucky in not seeing any police they're probably more active then i'm describing here .
    But I'm from Belgium and if i walk around in a city here , i see atleast 1 police car going around every 10 -20 min , even in less populated places ( small towns in belgium ).
    In Sweden if you go to small towns the nearest police station is sometimes an hour away.
    I'm not saying Sweden is unsafe , its probably one of the friendliest countries I've been up to now , but it sometimes it only takes 1 bad guy to ruin the experience or make everyone afraid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gully Man View Post
    You can find all the info on their database in any case.
    This is noting more then a glorified internet poll, "självraporterat" = self reported. Its not made on a statistical sampling, hence its meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    Chicago allows concealed carry, just not in public transit and in bars, private property is owner's discretion, honestly sounds like the law here in Texas
    They had to start allowing conceal and carry because Illinois as a state was forced to allow it. But up until then, Chicago was much stricter with its gun laws.