Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    it will take me a month to catch up..
    And there you've hit upon EXACTLY the reason why Blizzard has made it more tedious to play alts or other specs.

No offense, but rank 20 on your artifact is nothing when you look at the fact that the higher you go on your artifact the more points it costs, and the fact that they're adding more artifact traits in later patches as well. And the legendary grind. And the Titanforge grind. And the rep grind.

Getting to bare minimum on an alt is relatively simple, I won't dispute that. But actually fleshing it out? Talk to me about your alt's reputations. How many legendaries does it have. Is your gear optimized, or just the same ilvl? Professions equally full? How's that illidan quest coming along? Order hall missions? What about the other specs of your alt?

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would like to see Reps from Previous Expansions made Account Wide. As for Legion, there's one or two things I would like to see account wide.

Balance of Power/Grindy Artifact Skin Unlocks - Balance of Power is a long ass Quest Chain for a Skin, and I don't even want to think about doing it on Alt with how hellish it is on one Character let along 11 Classes. This, the Archaeology one and the Prestige Skins should be unlocked for Alts after having do it on one Character.

I would also like to see full unlocks of Artifact Appearences for Alts of the same Class. If I decided to level my Horde DK I would need to unlock once again the Hidden Appearances, Colour Variations, Prestige Weapons and so on that I have on my Alliance DK. I don't see why this should not just copy over.

These are just what I think but right now I cannot see me wanting to Prestige on all my Alts 13 times to unlock each skin, get 1000HK's, 100 Dungeons and 200 WQs with a Hidden Appearance with each alts, complete rare Archaeology Digsites on each Character and do a relatively long Quest Chain. Can you imagine doing all of this stuff on each class? You're looking at over 12,000 HK's, 1,200 Dungeons and 2,400 WQ's and much more for Cosmetic Appearances, and even these should have a limit.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    And there you've hit upon EXACTLY the reason why Blizzard has made it more tedious to play alts or other specs.

No offense, but rank 20 on your artifact is nothing when you look at the fact that the higher you go on your artifact the more points it costs, and the fact that they're adding more artifact traits in later patches as well. And the legendary grind. And the Titanforge grind. And the rep grind.

Getting to bare minimum on an alt is relatively simple, I won't dispute that. But actually fleshing it out? Talk to me about your alt's reputations. How many legendaries does it have. Is your gear optimized, or just the same ilvl? Professions equally full? How's that illidan quest coming along? Order hall missions? What about the other specs of your alt?
    First off, if you got rank 20 and you change speccs, it takes you literally 6-7 days to get it up to your mainspecc. So changing specc is rather easy. I know the more traits etc the more AP you need. So for your mains OS to get up is very easy as said. Same goes with your alt. My paladin is holy, and no points in ret. But it would take me same amount of days as the main to get it up. Gear should be around 860 as ret. No difference there.

Just to clarify, I have barely touched the mage/paladin the last 3 weeks since I mained my hunter. So the AP-gains etc is alot lower on those two lately.

My paladin started 3 weeks after my mage to ding 110. My paladin got AK 20, 31(almost 32 traits) My old main mage got 31 points too, but thats cause I changed specc to arcane to get it ready till 7.1.5. So the mage all together is 33-34 traits now. All exalted, all questlines done, pathfinder etc. My paladin has now catched up with the AK. And it has been only 2-3 AK behind since the first 2 weeks of being 110, and slowly catched it. Having an high AK/trait alt is dead easy.
    The gear is holydin-specific, it got soft-caps, stats etc is good. The weapon is 897(higher than my new/old main). The ilvl is 869(mind you I dont do mythic raids on any chars) I got 2 exalted reputations, long into revered on rest. And I barely do World Quests on it. Only emissary. Done 4 parts on the illidan(done on mage this week on the soul-thingy) Professions full, 4 left on alchemy. Rank 2 on all, dont get any rank3, rng lol. Done the quests. 3 of 4 of those pillar-quests. Paladin got the bis-legendary(shoulders) Done the main suramar questline(on all 3)Order hall done, just the same as the mage. Same on all three chars really.

On new main(hunter) its 11 AK, 26 points in traits. Played 3 weeks, ilvl 866, gotten two legendarys already(legs and helm, healing yo) Can't use both for 19 days tho) Exalted nightfallen, at least revered on all(Only do the emissarys) Done all LW-questline, got 2 more quests on skinning. Order hall done(see paladin tab) Started the balance of power, EN now.

Alting isnt bad at all. Changing main, wich was my point in the first post I wrote, is a bit harder. If I changed main to paladin, no problem. I would probably have the 5% dragon trait already. Changing main to a newly dinged one is tougher. But I dont think it makes it alt-unfriendly, more like changing main-unfriendly. But I dont mind. BoA rep-tokens are great, gotten several thousands of rep from that already.

Point is, I dont want everything on a silver plate when I ding 110. Wich is why I think the alt-unfriendly expansion nonsense is silly.

And in 7.1.5 changing mains is getting easy even.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2016-12-17 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    As for Legion, there's one or two things I would like to see account wide.

Balance of Power/Grindy Artifact Skin Unlocks
    Ugh, artifact skins. They're probably the most depressing part about being an altoholic in Legion, especially since Blizzard's said they'll be removed (at least from being added to appearances) in the next expansion. I'm trying to find the motivation to unlock them on my druid for the feral forms, but I don't think I can manage it on anyone else. As much as I'd like to have them, they're not even going to be fun to get the first time let alone multiple times.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

First off, if you got rank 20 and you change speccs, it takes you literally 6-7 days to get it up to your mainspecc. So changing specc is rather easy. I know the more traits etc the more AP you need. So for your mains OS to get up is very easy as said. Same goes with your alt. My paladin is holy, and no points in ret. But it would take me same amount of days as the main to get it up. Gear should be around 860 as ret. No difference there.

Just to clarify, I have barely touched the mage/paladin the last 3 weeks since I mained my hunter. So the AP-gains etc is alot lower on those two lately.

My paladin started 3 weeks after my mage to ding 110. My paladin got AK 20, 31(almost 32 traits) My old main mage got 31 points too, but thats cause I changed specc to arcane to get it ready till 7.1.5. So the mage all together is 33-34 traits now. All exalted, all questlines done, pathfinder etc. My paladin has now catched up with the AK. And it has been only 2-3 AK behind since the first 2 weeks of being 110, and slowly catched it. Having an high AK/trait alt is dead easy.
    The gear is holydin-specific, it got soft-caps, stats etc is good. The weapon is 897(higher than my new/old main). The ilvl is 869(mind you I dont do mythic raids on any chars) I got 2 exalted reputations, long into revered on rest. And I barely do World Quests on it. Only emissary. Done 4 parts on the illidan(done on mage this week on the soul-thingy) Professions full, 4 left on alchemy. Rank 2 on all, dont get any rank3, rng lol. Done the quests. 3 of 4 of those pillar-quests. Paladin got the bis-legendary(shoulders) Done the main suramar questline(on all 3)Order hall done, just the same as the mage. Same on all three chars really.

On new main(hunter) its 11 AK, 26 points in traits. Played 3 weeks, ilvl 866, gotten two legendarys already(legs and helm, healing yo) Can't use both for 19 days tho) Exalted nightfallen, at least revered on all(Only do the emissarys) Done all LW-questline, got 2 more quests on skinning. Order hall done(see paladin tab) Started the balance of power, EN now.

Alting isnt bad at all. Changing main, wich was my point in the first post I wrote, is a bit harder. If I changed main to paladin, no problem. I would probably have the 5% dragon trait already. Changing main to a newly dinged one is tougher. But I dont think it makes it alt-unfriendly, more like changing main-unfriendly. But I dont mind. BoA rep-tokens are great, gotten several thousands of rep from that already.

Point is, I dont want everything on a silver plate when I ding 110. Wich is why I think the alt-unfriendly expansion nonsense is silly.

And in 7.1.5 changing mains is getting easy even.
    You say "three weeks". How many hours per day? How many legendaries(legendaries are not required, but it makes the change to a new character even harder)?

Now I want you to compare that with previous expansions, where a swap between specs would literally be the action of a handful of gold spent on reforging and respec. Now it's, as you said, 6-7 days on top of any gear farming you'll need to do.

There is no disputing that bringing an alt up to par takes more time than ever before. Why is this acceptable to many people?

Roughly 3-5 hours per day, depend on raiddays. And I am not even farming AP, hell with that Gotten 2 legendaries. Think I have 4 days and some hours played at 110.

Easier in WoD, sure. Easier in cata/wotlk/tbc? Not at all. Think how hard it was to gear back then. How many days/weeks/months did you use to gear up back then? Try to compare that. Now you easily get gear up to par, easier than before. Alot easier. My hunter got to 860 within 24 hours played. Its only AP that takes time. And many people think that is acceptable, cause not everyone feel entitled to get the alt up at main level at once you ding 110. Wich is ridiculous if you ask me. Its an alt.

WoD destroyed peoples mindset. I had 8 100s in WoD. The most I had before was 4. And before I played 8-12 hours a day. Never played so little as in WoD. Cause everything got handed to you.

And this all change in 7.1.5. Then it will be the most alt-friendly expansion ever(edit, of course I exclude WoD from that) Think how fast you get like 30-34 traits with just a day or two with World Quests. And you get thrown gear after you at the same time.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2016-12-17 at 11:58 PM.

Easier in WoD, sure. Easier in cata/wotlk/tbc? Not at all. Think how hard it was to gear back then. How many days/weeks/months did you use to gear up back then? Try to compare that.
    It only took about a week of running heroics after hitting 80 in WotLK to be raid ready. All of my 80s were. Right now I have one character that could set foot in a raid, one that's getting there (only in gear as she's way behind in AP), and everyone else who's still sitting at ilvl 800 or less.

I have mixed memories of BC. I remember when Quel'Danas came out it took me forever to get enough badges for the gear, but before that I was able to hop straight into SSC after crafting my Frozen Shadoweave set which I was able to do easily (and solo).
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

I'm all for the honor grind being account wide. I'm also all for a lot of the currencies in the game being account wide as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    It only took about a week of running heroics after hitting 80 in WotLK to be raid ready. All of my 80s were. Right now I have one character that could set foot in a raid, one that's getting there (only in gear as she's way behind in AP), and everyone else who's still sitting at ilvl 800 or less.

I have mixed memories of BC. I remember when Quel'Danas came out it took me forever to get enough badges for the gear, but before that I was able to hop straight into SSC after crafting my Frozen Shadoweave set which I was able to do easily (and solo).
    That might been true for the starter raids, cause lets face it, naxxramas was not much harder than EN normal(alot easier than EN hc) But thats probably compareable to now. Now it just seem to be so much easier to actually get higher gear than the very first raid within few days, before you got barely up to the raids ilvl.

And in previous expansions we either had badges from the start or further into them. And we get AK-catch up, wich is compareable to that.

Don't get me wrong, I am not against easy alting, I just don't think thats needed I like that the professions are a long long questline and ends up defining that character together with building the artifact as a real progression for that single character. Before it was like get the gear and go into raids etc, now its more of a character development, and thats awesome!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    Try D3. Everything there is account-bound. And still D3 is perfectly replay-able. Even leveling.
    I haven't touched D3 after I played it through once. Boring af

The rep counter needs to be account wide well at least the achivement

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    So isn't it about the same then? A week of M+ and you're raid ready for sure. You don't have to do the Suramar rep - just skip Arcway and CoS M+ (you'll want to be grindding Maw anyhow)

That might been true for the starter raids, cause lets face it, naxxramas was not much harder than EN normal(alot easier than EN hc) But thats probably compareable to now. Now it just seem to be so much easier to actually get higher gear than the very first raid within few days, before you got barely up to the raids ilvl.

And in previous expansions we either had badges from the start or further into them. And we get AK-catch up, wich is compareable to that.

Don't get me wrong, I am not against easy alting, I just don't think thats needed I like that the professions are a long long questline and ends up defining that character together with building the artifact as a real progression for that single character. Before it was like get the gear and go into raids etc, now its more of a character development, and thats awesome!
    Gearing up in wotlk was actually super easy for alts. Emblem of Valor anyone?

Not to say wotlk were absolutely cluttered with "GDKP" runs. You could easily be decked out and ready for raid if you have enough gold or have people willing to carry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    So isn't it about the same then? A week of M+ and you're raid ready for sure. You don't have to do the Suramar rep - just skip Arcway and CoS M+ (you'll want to be grindding Maw anyhow)
    A week of m+ on ak 5 won't get you to golden trait 3, that's at minimum 15% power behind without accounting for the additional 5-10% or so from legendaries, which are all multiplicative of each other.

And secondary stats have never been as polarizing as it has ever been. Not having the correct stats greatly hampers you in legion than in any other expansions.
    Last edited by iky43210; 2016-12-18 at 07:57 AM.

So pretty much all of you want to jump between any toon and have everything you did on your main accessible to that toon. Everything from AK, Artifact skins, etc. My god you're all a bunch of entitled whiners.. choice vs consequence... You choose to do one thing to sacrifice another. Once again an ALT is a ALT, its not supposed to be on par with your MAIN, that is why you have a Main and you have alts. Its why there's different classes, specs, armor classes, weapon classes, etc... Quit whining that everything is uber easy when it pretty much already is.

No we really don't.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z5

WoD destroyed peoples mindset.
    I'd say it's less that WoD did it, and simply exposure to other games which are not WoW. People are often FAR too ready to leap to the defense of Blizzard because they haven't ever really stepped outside of their games. It's like when you travel and you see how things in the rest of the world work instead of just your own town or city.

I simply don't see the benefit to making alts, or even other specs, so time-intensive to progress. Well, I mean I see one benefit, but that's just for Blizzard's monthly sub profits, not for the players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    I haven't touched D3 after I played it through once. Boring af
    When was the last time you player? Reaper of Souls completely overhauled the game and made it into what it should have been all along. Some time next year we're getting Necromancers added to the game, and each season really keeps things interesting as well. You ought to give it another shot, especially if you've never really played the end-game with the new ways that legendaries work with the cube, new class sets, and set-dungeon challenges as well as greater rifts and epic gems.

Give us the rep commendations from MOP that doubles rep gains for alts once your main got to exalted (or was it revered?), or let us turn in cloth and ore or something for rep repeatable.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I'd say it's less that WoD did it, and simply exposure to other games which are not WoW. People are often FAR too ready to leap to the defense of Blizzard because they haven't ever really stepped outside of their games. It's like when you travel and you see how things in the rest of the world work instead of just your own town or city.
    So much this.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    So pretty much all of you want to jump between any toon and have everything you did on your main accessible to that toon. Everything from AK, Artifact skins, etc. My god you're all a bunch of entitled whiners.. choice vs consequence... You choose to do one thing to sacrifice another. Once again an ALT is a ALT, its not supposed to be on par with your MAIN, that is why you have a Main and you have alts. Its why there's different classes, specs, armor classes, weapon classes, etc... Quit whining that everything is uber easy when it pretty much already is.
    Again, what benefit is there to this supposed "choice vs sacrifice"? How does that make the game better? How does locking people's time investment into a single class make the gameplay or the game as a whole better? Or is it simply because that's how you expect things to be because that's how it's done in the past? How does making it easier to play alts actually HURT the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    They should just let us play multiple classes on a single character. Perhaps this could be like PvE prestige levels. Want to make a new class on your toon? You have to level up all over and start from the bottom, but would still have all of your items, rep, and various unlocks. Since you would only be able to play classes that each race can play, there would still be room for alts (ie. human main: could play most classes, but would need a dwarf/draenei for shaman and a night elf/worgen for druid).