Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Warlock for myth+

Hey I am toying with the idea of playing a lock, however I will primarily be playing mythic+ and not so much raiding. Are locks any good for mythic+- and which spec should I choose??

Yes they are. Go Destro for the earlier ones, and go Affliction for 6+, since Destro has good burst AoE, and Affliction has good sustained damage. Demo isn't too terrible if it's like 9+. It's not good if Doom never gets to detonate on trash though.

Okay awesome, I just saw that DH did awesome at both ST AND AoE, are we even close to 'em ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kongnic11 View Post
    Okay awesome, I just saw that DH did awesome at both ST AND AoE, are we even close to 'em ?
    I keep up with them just fine. Their short cd interrupts, and 5 second stun is really nice though. If you really like Warlock though, you can just do what I do and run with 1 or 2 melee XD

I think I will try 'em then. Which talents will you recommend for mythic+ as destro - Early levels ?

Reverse Entropy and Cataclysm are interchangeable depending upon on how much AoE there is. Ie, in a place like Maw if Souls go Entropy and in Black Rook Hold go Cataclysm. Row 5 is more preference, but I always like having Dark Pact. If the link doesn't work, 1132331

http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/w...struction/c19z
    Last edited by muto; 2016-12-17 at 01:39 PM.

Thanks bro, I'll try it out ^^

Deleted
    Affliction will be WAY better in 7.1.5 too. They identified dungeon content as an issue - better single target with lower ramp and with more damage baked into the base seed of corruption you could take siphon life instead of sow the seeds.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I keep up with them just fine. Their short cd interrupts, and 5 second stun is really nice though. If you really like Warlock though, you can just do what I do and run with 1 or 2 melee XD
    Demo is great in M+ of all levels. With implosion you do a ton of damage on adds and for bosses with adds that need to die quick it delivers very well. On ST bosses you lose a bit of damage from not having improved dreadstalkers but its not so much that your damage will suck ass or not be competitive.

I rerolled lock and I'd say... never reroll as a lock, at least not until 7.3 or something when they fix locks.

The playstyle is terrible, we lack mobility and the damage is not great at all.

Other than that if you decide to go with a lock then well you need both demo and destro to be viable on m+ lower levels and higher levels.

Also lock performs rubbish until he gets a lot of gear and a lot of AP so yes you won't be kindly invited into groups as a dps in most cases

What a bunch of lies here... WL is horrible compared to DH, DK, Monk, Mage, Hunter, Rogue,..... Just look at the grp compositions between m+10 and m+15. Ppl know that and they are not likely to take you into their random pug grp.

I play a WL destro on mythic +10 above.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Affliction will be WAY better in 7.1.5 too. They identified dungeon content as an issue - better single target with lower ramp and with more damage baked into the base seed of corruption you could take siphon life instead of sow the seeds.
    well sow the seeds will prolly still be prefered since its still a significant amount of aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    maybe you do, but the average lock does not keep up with the average dh. dh just facerolls all the instant burst aoe and the pack dies, while the warlock needs ramp up and can be pretty frustrating to play. in higher m+ levels that can change and it can get easier to keep up since you get more time, but i wouldn't recommend anyone to play a warlock at this point, especially since you will be easily declined in lfg, even with 890 gear, let alone a fresh char

Deleted
    Run destruction with fnb and youre set. Just dont expect to be top dps anywhere but cleave fights.

Deleted
    if you want to reroll a class for m+ then warlock is probably one of the worst choices. since they don't allow us to have either a baseline silence or a good stun we have literally no utility. and damage-wise there's classes that crush us in both AoE or ST, but also some that hugely outdamage us in both at the same time. I mean warlock is literally the class where blizz said numerous times they don't want players to play, so maybe take that hint.

Quote Originally Posted by sayulol View Post
    if you want to reroll a class for m+ then warlock is probably one of the worst choices. since they don't allow us to have either a baseline silence or a good stun we have literally no utility. and damage-wise there's classes that crush us in both AoE or ST, but also some that hugely outdamage us in both at the same time. I mean warlock is literally the class where blizz said numerous times they don't want players to play, so maybe take that hint.
    Can you provide those "numerous times" links please.

Quote Originally Posted by sayulol View Post
    What's wrong with our stun? Unless of course you play Affliction and don't have one. I find my Soulstone and Healthstones pretty useful as well (many people seem a lot more likely to eat multiple cookies than use health pots)

Destro and Demo both work in mythic plus. Others here vouch for Affliction (not tried it myself) so we do have a choice going for us as well. Naturally there are classes we cannot beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    What's wrong with our stun? Unless of course you play Affliction and don't have one. I find my Soulstone and Healthstones pretty useful as well (many people seem a lot more likely to eat multiple cookies than use health pots)

Destro and Demo both work in mythic plus. Others here vouch for Affliction (not tried it myself) so we do have a choice going for us as well. Naturally there are classes we cannot beat.
    it has a cast time and thus feels awful to use. you often can't use it as an oh shit moment to quickly interrupt something but have to do it preemptively instead. soulstone is also terrible as a cr with its 3s cast time

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    it has a cast time and thus feels awful to use. you often can't use it as an oh shit moment to quickly interrupt something but have to do it preemptively instead. soulstone is also terrible as a cr with its 3s cast time
    I like Shadowfury as a stun but yes it is not good as a interrupt. Do you use an @cursor macro? It speeds it up a a little bit.

Indeed Soulstone would be much better instant and when you do have to move it's a pain. I'd still rather have it over none for my group as the tank lies to die now and again! It has a bit more use in raids for pre-casting when you know a certain target will die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post

calling Healthstones utility is an insult and Soulstone with cast time is pretty garbage as well. the times where that will be useful are so limited and even then, don't you wish you'd rather have a proper instant CR? also again a stun with cast time is just horrible for a DPS class and otherwise the next best thing is tied to Demo(or a Destruction CD that you won't wanna blow on trash).
    also this thread is about starting to play lock for the sake of m+. if there's tons of better classes for that then why start a lock? starting to play warlock right now would be a mistake.