Thread: Legendary Nerfs

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Well then they didn't earn it, when I get one, I will feel like I earned it.

But people who got them that easily are in fact, a minority
    True

BUT

It still sucks for people who actually earn it but only get garbage ones. These are the people who rightfully complain, especially when they compare themselves to the lvl105 who gets his BiS legendary from a NM dungeon boss. This kind of disparity should never be a thing.
    On the bright side, both my currently equipped legendaries will be buffed to a point where I think they're actually worth wearing.

You can't "earn" a legendary drop any more than you can earn a specific BIS trinket drop, a Titan forge, a lottery ticket etc. The only thing you can truly earn are boss kill achievements.

Almost all loot in wow has never been truly earned since vanilla first launched (unless you count useless quest rewards or token/rep gear which they've intentionally taken or of the game).

This legendary system has been a failure so far, and making them weaker was not the change it needed. Getting rid of the complete RNG aspect through legendary tokens is what needed to happen.

I have 3 legendaries on my main, with the first one being BiS. I don't hate the system because of bad RNG and I don't have an issue number-wise because blizzard said they'll add the power back into the class through tuning. I just really hate that they're making a legion feature worse and less fun overall because they won't admit RNG isn't the way.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth_c View Post
    Remember when they said you could target legendaries? Good times, right?
    yup, last few years ive felt no connection between playerbase and dev team. 7.1.5 pretty much proves that.

anything blizz says i pretty much consider it a full faced lie. just telling people what they want to hear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth_c View Post
    Remember when they said you could target legendaries? Good times, right?
    Oh yea whatever happened that? Anyone ever ask them in q and a?

Deleted
    Dear Blizzard,

Nerfing the OP legendaries is not going to fix the issue. And here is why :

There are utilitiy legendaries, defensive legendaries and DPS/HPS/Tanking legendaries. Speaking from a DPS player perspective, lets say havoc dh, you can simply NEVER make the shitty chest and the anger of the half giants ring equal. Right now on live AotHG gives 1-12 extra fury, they nerfed it to 1-8 in hopes for fixing this stupid legendary system. What they can't just seem to see is, even if this AotGH gives 1-4 extra fury, players will still want this ring over that shitty chest because that chest is simply just so bad and literally 0 dps gain, and the whole purpose of a dps player is to do as much dps as possible. Simple as that.

Nerfing the OP legendaries is not going to fix anything. Prydaz will still be shit, ANY player will still want their bis dps legendary over prydaz. Please tell me how is nerfing the best legendaries is going to fix this stupid system? Besides that, legendary items are supposed to feel "legendary", when you get them you should feel the amount of difference/boost they make in your gameplay. Now even the bis legendaries will feel like "meh, decent".

I just simply can't understand why they are so arrogant to implement a token system and BE DONE WITH THIS SHIT. A token system will make everyone happy, because people will still be "excited" for a legendary drop because of it's random nature and when they finally get a token they can simply go and take the legendary THEY WANT. No, "everyone will pick the same legendaries" is not an excuse, it's just being lazy as a developer. It is their JOB to offer us equally balanced legendaries so we evaluate our situation and simply pick the one THAT IS BIS FOR OURSELVES. What do I mean?

For example, right now the ring is the absolute BiS for havoc dh in pretty much any situation. We have 3 legendaries that focus on AoE/Cleave capabilities, but they just simply dont feel "legendary" enough in most situations and you don't feel that having them makes a huge difference. If, for example, those legendaries (head, wrists, boots) would be really powerful in their own niche, then we would have the option to pick and wouldn't feel forced to pick the ring. For example a player who focuses on M+ rather than raids would think "Okay I have a legendary token now, and I am mostly doing M+ so I will go with those head which provide a significant boost in m+".

If Blizzard wouldn't be so lazy and make other legendaries as fun and as powerful as the bis ones, then a token system would be PERFECT. People would choose the legendary that fits their needs and goals best and everyone would be happy, instead of being disappointed like they do now when they get those stupid useless shitty legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannevond View Post
    What they can't just seem to see is, even if this AotGH gives 1-4 extra fury, players will still want this ring over that shitty chest because that chest is simply just so bad and literally 0 dps gain, and the whole purpose of a dps player is to do as much dps as possible. Simple as that.
    The problem is that people THINK dps is the only thing that matters. A strong utility can actually be better than a minor dps boost, but nobody is checking the amount of damage you could've avoided, people only stare at dps numbers like it's some absolute measurement of performance.

What comes to different type of legendaries, I guess they're as hard to balance as different classes, they're just never going to be equal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by impending doom View Post
    The problem is that people THINK dps is the only thing that matters. A strong utility can actually be better than a minor dps boost, but nobody is checking the amount of damage you could've avoided, people only stare at dps numbers like it's some absolute measurement of performance.

What comes to different type of legendaries, I guess they're as hard to balance as different classes, they're just never going to be equal.
    you dont need legendaries to avoid shit if you arent bad. there are several reasons why you a) have healers in you raid b) give healers gear last in a progression oriented raid (people can play clean so healers have to do less)

so if someone dies to something you shouldnt say "lol shoulda worn prydaz" but instead just say "lol get good pls".

Quote Originally Posted by xWolfx View Post
    you dont need legendaries to avoid shit if you arent bad. there are several reasons why you a) have healers in you raid b) give healers gear last in a progression oriented raid (people can play clean so healers have to do less)

so if someone dies to something you shouldnt say "lol shoulda worn prydaz" but instead just say "lol get good pls".
    Any utility in raids is helpful for every one.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    define fun, losing to shit player on dps isnt fun just cus he won the rng lottery.
    This is completely false. Quit overreacting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    This is completely false. Quit overreacting.
    Yes, obviously if you are the superior player in terms or skill you will not lose to a player just because he has a better legendary. But the problem is, there is absolutely no way to compete with players of same class when they have that certain legendary which gives them a 10% dps boost, as long as the skill level is equal. This is the whole point, and it's not fair.

On a side not, if you are able to outdps a player of your same class who has the bis legendary (and you dont) it's mostly because that player is really really bad. We are not talking about players who dont even know how to properly execute their optimal rotation (which is just basics) and has the bis legendary, most of them don't even raid anyways.

Stop worrying about "skill" or "fairness" helps alot.
    Nothing in life is ever fair, videogames is a part of that.

Sometimes the dude with BiS legendaries get bad uptime due to boss-mechanics, it doesnt mean "he is really bad".

Being judgmental about dps meters is really not what they should design legendaries for.

Deleted
    "Everyone will pick the same legendaries." is actually really pathetic. It is the other way of saying "Sorry we are not able to make a balanced legendary system.". It is like accepting that they are not CAPABLE of offering equally balanced legendaries. It's just an excuse for not offering us the legendary token system.

Honest question to other players. Does anyone feel like the legendary system is rewarding and fun?

At this point it seems the experiment as to how to distribute legendary items has objectively failed for Legion. The RNG, the imbalances, the inevitable neutering of outperforming items so that all of them are equally less fun and exciting to get.

In retrospect maybe the diablo team that shifted over and perhaps influenced this RNG funfest called Legion wasn't such a great idea. It would be nice to see fresh eyes on the project that dOesn't come into WoW with a preconceived idea on how things should work.

I applaud Blizzard for taking a chance on a new way to distribute legendary items, I just don't think at this point going forward this model of distribution should ever be used again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Id rather completly delete this garbage
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by nailbomb View Post
    so you are happy with the design atm?
    He's probably happy because he has a couple good legendaries.

Deleted
    Wouldn't some of the issues be fixed if Legendaries were split into 2 categories, Performance Enhancers and Utility Enhancer. You can only equip 1 of each category. So that you actually can be happy if you got an utility legendary

Quote Originally Posted by xWolfx View Post

Actually Prydaz can be even a dps boost, because it allows you to stand in fire a bit longer and sometimes finish a cast that you could not otherwise finish. Other than that it helps healers, and not all damage is avoidable. Even the best players in the world die because of taking too much damage, so anything that increases survivability is better than nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by impending doom View Post
    Actually Prydaz can be even a dps boost, because it allows you to stand in fire a bit longer and sometimes finish a cast that you could not otherwise finish. Other than that it helps healers, and not all damage is avoidable. Even the best players in the world die because of taking too much damage, so anything that increases survivability is better than nothing.
    Meh, there are many fights with constant damage making prydaz completely useless. And allowing you to cast from somewhere where you will have to move anyways it's a rather minor dps increase (if any) for most classes. It's not comparable to a bis legendary, and many of them, since they are tied to resource or class mechanics, are also way more fun to play with.

The new prydaz will be much more useful tho, but it's not something i would want to get first anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Yipikayey View Post
    Meh, there are many fights with constant damage making prydaz completely useless. And allowing you to cast from somewhere where you will have to move anyways it's a rather minor dps increase (if any) for most classes. It's not comparable to a bis legendary, and many of them, since they are tied to resource or class mechanics, are also way more fun to play with.

The new prydaz will be much more useful tho, but it's not something i would want to get first anyways.
    The point is that the nerfs try to make it comparable to a "bis legendary". If that above poster's suggestion where the AotHG goes to 1-4 fury, the DPS increase might be small enough that the utility of Prydaz (especially post 7.1.5) might be better in a larger number of scenarios.

If your best legendary gave you +5% DPS, would you take Prydaz instead of it? How about 1%?