Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    The belt was out of control on PTR, even with Icefury the belt was my 3rd damaging spell, which made it a pretty mandatory legendary, which is what Blzz are supposedly moving away from. I feel like some nerfs to Ele were needed on PTR compared to what they were a couple of weeks ago. With the tier sets and legendaries with 858 ilevel I was doing over 320k sustained on raid dummy.

What don't you like about IF anyway?
    Not a fan of the playstyle is all, I really enjoy the lightning we have now, and was looking forward to lb spec lava flinging, but the frost shocking is not my cup of tea, but it'll be top with belt nerfs so off I go

Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    If you don't stop replying to me trying to instigate i'm going to report you for harassment man its been established you don't like me no need to constantly reply to me with your silly comment just ignore me?
    ������ harrassment? If you're going get all butthurt when someone points out your non constructive posts then maybe you shouldn't post your negative opinions on a public forum. Your response is everything that's wrong with people on forums today. I feel the need to let everyone know how much I don't like something and then go run to mommy when people aren't nice to me. People like you live to use "I'll report you" as their form of intimidation. You feel the need to post nothing but non constructive negative comments and I feel the need to call you on it. I have just as much right as you to post on here. I'm not insulting you or making derogatory comments to you. The fact that you don't like it is your problem not mine. Have a plesent day and oh....happy holidays.

I'm sorry but rerolling over any of these changes is just absolutely pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawklobster View Post
    ������ harrassment? If you're going get all butthurt when someone points out your non constructive posts then maybe you shouldn't post your negative opinions on a public forum. Your response is everything that's wrong with people on forums today. I feel the need to let everyone know how much I don't like something and then go run to mommy when people aren't nice to me. People like you live to use "I'll report you" as their form of intimidation. You feel the need to post nothing but non constructive negative comments and I feel the need to call you on it. I have just as much right as you to post on here. I'm not insulting you or making derogatory comments to you. The fact that you don't like it is your problem not mine. Have a plesent day and oh....happy holidays.
    "i feel the need to let everyone know how much i don't like something"

You have 100 posts in 6 years. You aren't telling "everyone" anything. You are specifically replying to my comments because you dislike me and want to instigate an argument just like you did on this thread. I'm not crying and i'm not butthurt i'm just asking you to stop instigating with me? Simple as that really if you want to have a conversation about elemental or resto or enhance sure lets talk! But simply replying to me with the sole purpose of insulting me and "stir the pot" as you say i'm not for that i don't want to argue with people.

^You say nothing constructive at all, dude. You're basically a troll.

And basically all legendaries are getting nerfed. It sucks but isn't a big deal.

Dont get why mages get 2 lusts and we only get 1.75 though. Plus mages get a choice when to use their second lust unless it is a late lust fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post

And basically all legendaries are getting nerfed. It sucks but isn't a big deal.

Dont get why mages get 2 lusts and we only get 1.75 though. Plus mages get a choice when to use their second lust unless it is a late lust fight.
    Mages even get a 3rd lust if fight is long enough (over 6min and BL at pull). So they might get extra 200% uptime, shamans only 75%. So Shard of Exodar is really much much stronger than Uncertain Reminder.

"i feel the need to let everyone know how much i don't like something"

You have 100 posts in 6 years. You aren't telling "everyone" anything. You are specifically replying to my comments because you dislike me and want to instigate an argument just like you did on this thread. I'm not crying and i'm not butthurt i'm just asking you to stop instigating with me? Simple as that really if you want to have a conversation about elemental or resto or enhance sure lets talk! But simply replying to me with the sole purpose of insulting me and "stir the pot" as you say i'm not for that i don't want to argue with people.
    LOL Jonbemerkin, back again with the crying and trolling. You're the only one "instigating" here with your constant "o no elemental shaman sucks time to reroll" crying. Or do you need a reminder how many other people feel this way too?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post43643831

If you said constructive things, you wouldn't annoy anyone, but as it is, you're just a troll wasting everyone's time.

Back to the real issue here, I think it's a much needed change to legendaries. If I wanted to play diablo where legendaries are so important, I would play diablo. As it is, it's stupid to get such a big boost from some legendaries while others are worthless, and your value as a player ends up being in large part based on your luck. If anything, more legendaries need nerfing.

My 3rd legendary was the belt, and I was so happy that it would go from being terrible to BIS. Even so, it needs the nerf -- no legendary should be so powerful that it's the only thing making a build (ascendance build) viable. Instead, buff the talents to make it viable, and let any legendaries be a little bit of icing on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Kargos View Post
    Back to the real issue here, I think it's a much needed change to legendaries. If I wanted to play diablo where legendaries are so important, I would play diablo. As it is, it's stupid to get such a big boost from some legendaries while others are worthless, and your value as a player ends up being in large part based on your luck. If anything, more legendaries need nerfing.
    The Legendary system as a whole is flawed on the fact that special items which remain valueable for the entire expansion are gated behind RNG.

I can really see where they wanted to go with this system, but they underestimated the negative consequences of this system on a major scale.

I put a lot of effort into this game (I'm at 42 Traits in my Ele weapon, to give an idea), i am at 3 legendaries, which is okay, but there are quite a few people in my guild and friendlist that already had that amount months ago or put a fraction of time into it and still have the same amount.

The system would still be a massive failure even with just utility based legendaries.

Was fine with low % droprates when it was just collectors / vanity stuff, now i'm feeling constantly like chasing a carrot on a stick just for legendaries to have this super awesome item that improves the performance of my character, be it Dps or Utility based.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post
    are they trying to make all Enhancement legendaries suck or what?

Don't get me wrong, the ring is still good and the best out there for us. But come on... it just feels that because they can't make other legendaries desirable, they just nerf the good ones in hopes someone will not be sad when they get any legendary but the ring. At least bracers will probably be good with the t19 4pc
    That's excactly what they are trying to do, which makes sense.

Deleted
    no legendary should be so powerful that it's the only thing making a build (ascendance build) viable.
    Why? Please give your reasoning behind that.

I think I get why but I'm inclined to disagree - at least in this situation.

Persuade me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    That's excactly what they are trying to do, which makes sense.
    what a sad time we live in where that is considered as the logical solution. I remember a time where balancing meant being creative about creating a balanced performance. nowadays for Blizzard it's "balance=make everything equally shitty".

So does the belt reversion to 15% mean the meatball build is no longer the top single target spec?

Just got the belt last week and I was looking forward to splattering some marinara. =[

Quote Originally Posted by sayulol View Post
    what a sad time we live in where that is considered as the logical solution. I remember a time where balancing meant being creative about creating a balanced performance. nowadays for Blizzard it's "balance=make everything equally shitty".
    I dont know what game you are reminiscing about, but its definitely not WoW. Blizzard's approach to balance has always leaned toward making things "equally shitty", which in this case is actually logical. Many of these things should never have been as strong as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Platex View Post
    Why? Please give your reasoning behind that.

I think I get why but I'm inclined to disagree - at least in this situation.

Persuade me.
    Luck shouldn't determine what talent build you can pick. Right now, most people only have 3-5 legendaries, and if you don't have the good luck of getting the belt, then you can't play the ascendance build well. That kind of system is fine for a game like diablo where you can go farm it and get 3-5 legendaries in 20 minutes, but that's not okay in a game like wow where it takes days of play time to get 3-5 legendaries.

Let's say you get unlucky like I did for my first two, and you get Prydaz and Sephuz. You just lost the lottery and you have to just hope to get a good legendary next in order to make your dps better. You'll have a high ilvl number on your character sheet with no actual gain to your dps (esp. when jewelry items don't even give main stats). On top of this, a spec that requires a certain legendary to do enough damage to be competitive will be pretty much off-limits to you if you want to play in any competitive or semi-competitive way. Of course, it doesn't matter if you're okay doing terrible dps for your ilvl and if you raid with a friends and family group or only do LFR, but if that's the case, don't even bother doing an actual optimized build like the ones posted on SE&L (http://www.stormearthandlava.com/), just pick some random talents that feel fun and turn off your damage meters.

Instead, make all of the talent builds viable, but let the legendaries make a small increase to make a certain build or synergy better or more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Urgalicious View Post
    So does the belt reversion to 15% mean the meatball build is no longer the top single target spec?

Just got the belt last week and I was looking forward to splattering some marinara. =[
    It's back to 18%, which is what it is on live. Right now, icefury is the best build even with the belt, but only by a little, so you can still do the meatball ascendance build if you have the belt. Especially if you don't think you can pull off getting IF perfect all the time (it's kind of clunky and confusing and requires some practice to get the rhythm of), it's probably better to do meatballs anyway with the belt. http://www.stormearthandlava.com/ele...gendary-guide/

And I know! The belt was my last legendary after the two worst legendaries possible. I was so looking forward to flinging meatballs, and I haven't decided which spec I'll go with.

Luck shouldn't determine what talent build you can pick. Right now, most people only have 3-5 legendaries, and if you don't have the good luck of getting the belt, then you can't play the ascendance build well. That kind of system is fine for a game like diablo where you can go farm it and get 3-5 legendaries in 20 minutes, but that's not okay in a game like wow where it takes days of play time to get 3-5 legendaries.

Let's say you get unlucky like I did for my first two, and you get Prydaz and Sephuz. You just lost the lottery and you have to just hope to get a good legendary next in order to make your dps better. You'll have a high ilvl number on your character sheet with no actual gain to your dps (esp. when jewelry items don't even give main stats). On top of this, a spec that requires a certain legendary to do enough damage to be competitive will be pretty much off-limits to you if you want to play in any competitive or semi-competitive way. Of course, it doesn't matter if you're okay doing terrible dps for your ilvl and if you raid with a friends and family group or only do LFR, but if that's the case, don't even bother doing an actual optimized build like the ones posted on SE&L (http://www.stormearthandlava.com/), just pick some random talents that feel fun and turn off your damage meters.

Instead, make all of the talent builds viable, but let the legendaries make a small increase to make a certain build or synergy better or more fun.

It's back to 18%, which is what it is on live. Right now, icefury is the best build even with the belt, but only by a little, so you can still do the meatball ascendance build if you have the belt. Especially if you don't think you can pull off getting IF perfect all the time (it's kind of clunky and confusing and requires some practice to get the rhythm of), it's probably better to do meatballs anyway with the belt. http://www.stormearthandlava.com/ele...gendary-guide/

And I know! The belt was my last legendary after the two worst legendaries possible. I was so looking forward to flinging meatballs, and I haven't decided which spec I'll go with.
    If it's the best only by a little then I'm probably gonna go fling some meatballs anyways. XD

Luckily I got the legendary ring this week (I know, legendary two weeks in a row), which I'm assuming will be good for the icefury build if I ever decide to try it. Just that throwing lavabursts seems much more enjoyable.

Uh oh. Might be time to re roll
    Shouldn't you have by now?

I mean, in just about every thread on the Shaman forums I see you complaining about how awful the class is.

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't stop replying to me trying to instigate i'm going to report you for harassment man its been established you don't like me no need to constantly reply to me with your silly comment just ignore me?
    The guy has a point. In just about every thread I have seen you telling people "re-roll" or "give up" when they have legitimate questions about any of the Shaman specs. Honestly, the way in which you reply to people genuinely seeking help is what boarders on harassment.

Blizz basically indicated a desire to take the damage off the legendaries and put it into the class. It's not impossible that some of the damage removed from e.g. the belt might be baked into Lava Burst before 7.1.5 goes live.

@Riistov

Instigating

0 infractions btw for my replies word around town is some of these other guys got a couple haha

Honestly the class is still very fine. It does the most DPS if you have the ring plus some other DPS legendary. In the WoWhead PTR patch notes summary they are also buffing us, at the moment, with 10% damage to more then a few abilities. Wait it out, it'll be fine. You'll most likely still use ring on everything, however. I love the class and the play style, so we'll see how it comes out in the wash once some of the simc stuff gets done but as far as i've seen on PTR it really isn't so bad. The sky is not falling.

It's already confirmed that @JonBeMerkin is a troll. At this point, pretty much everyone who has seen him post on this forum knows that all he has to say is "give up and reroll shaman is the worst omg." That or he gets into arguments about how he's crying and whining and trolling. Don't feed him. He just wants the attention, and he's a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Urgalicious View Post
    If it's the best only by a little then I'm probably gonna go fling some meatballs anyways. XD

Luckily I got the legendary ring this week (I know, legendary two weeks in a row), which I'm assuming will be good for the icefury build if I ever decide to try it. Just that throwing lavabursts seems much more enjoyable.
    Yeah, I might fling the meatballs anyway too. I'm not too opposed to Icefury, but the dps is really not that different with the belt, and meatballs are so much more fun! But... we'll see what ends up on live.