Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don't know what's sarcasm and what's not anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by skitz0129 View Post
    10 years ago it was still enjoyable. Not so much now. Gameplay is fine but it's just too ugly. Blizz is too stuck up their own ass to rerelease in HD, which is insane because it along with Diablo II are probably two of the biggest games in the entire industry that really deserve HD rereleases in an era completely obsessed with doing them.
    actually it still looks pretty decent because thanks to the cartoonish graphics it hasnt dated that much

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindflower View Post
    Yes.

Hence why Blizzards story writing is complete utter shit in all of it's IPs in their most recent iterations. It's also why the stories have absolutely no actual continuation.
    What are you even talking about? Blizzard stories have always been absolute garbage, and I've been playing them since at least WarCraft 2. Were they somewhat unique and clever for their time garbage? Yup. Still garbage. Try playing through SC1 or WC2 without laughing at how bad it is now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Are the same devs that made the golden age of games at blizzard gone?? Its almost like they didn't play there own game....
    It's interesting how one person's "Golden Age" is another's "Prehistory".

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I can forgive the broken isles not actually being broken

https://goo.gl/images/q38AtA

I can forgive the tome of sargaras not actually looking like a tomb

https://goo.gl/images/XUP2sy

But what I cant forgive is this travesty....

WHERE ARE THE PALM TREES??? Broken Isles was supposed to be tropical FFS

https://goo.gl/images/20JSkB

Are the same devs that made the golden age of games at blizzard gone?? Its almost like they didn't play there own game....
    Oh for fuck sake! Blizzard explained this the very day that they showed us Legion!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

A couple things that may or may not have been mentioned in the last few pages.

1) Guldan raised the Tomb in WC2, not the whole isles. The rest of them were already there, and had been since the sundering.
    2) They said at Blizzcon that we will get to see pre-legion tomb, which in lore was a night elven temple before being repurposed by the guardian who defeated the avatar.
    3) Older games focused less on the tomb's history and more on its present state so we have no definitive lore on its earlier incarnations pre-legion. Makes sense given their scope and available resources for the time.
    4) Since we are going to see the temple as it was I imagine we may likely also see palm trees as the OP hopes.

I can forgive the broken isles not actually being broken

https://goo.gl/images/q38AtA

I can forgive the tome of sargaras not actually looking like a tomb

https://goo.gl/images/XUP2sy

But what I cant forgive is this travesty....

WHERE ARE THE PALM TREES??? Broken Isles was supposed to be tropical FFS

https://goo.gl/images/20JSkB

so you want the Tomb to look like a Troll Building? Because that is the model that was used on that

People criticizing Blizzard.

Fans calling it out as a "first world problem"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    There were palm trees in that isle they ended up scrapping. I hate it when they scrap content. I know Argus is more exciting but i hate leaving things incomplete, just like in Draenor.
    Especially because they scrapped the zone because: "It would look like every other zone. Night elf ruins." While: A) It would not look like that if it was made to look like something different (for example with PALM TREES and overall tropical flair) and: B) They have no problems with zones that look alike as long as it is boring black rock with fel corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by 1881 View Post
    Especially because they scrapped the zone because: "It would look like every other zone. Night elf ruins." While: A) It would not look like that if it was made to look like something different (for example with PALM TREES and overall tropical flair) and: B) They have no problems with zones that look alike as long as it is boring black rock with fel corruption.
    If they had designed the zone that way. Which they probably hadn't. So they'd have to scrap and redo it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    And Outland wasn't all mushroom trees, despite it being depicted that way in Warcraft 2.
    During the early builds they did actually have unique mushroom trees models, and Outland was supposed to be a new zone in vanilla. Which means that WotLK was supposed to be the first expansion. But in TBC they decided to remove these trees, and instead use them all in Zangarmarsh.

10+ Year Old Account
    now you make me go and play wc3. i hope you are proud of yourself.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

7+ Year Old Account
    The only place we went during WC3 was the broken shore. It looked like that then. The Legion came in and burned everything with fel fire, that's why it looks different now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does the Stormreaver Wreckage exist on WoW's version of the Broken Isles?

Where are the twin aspins of the Boughs of Azshara?

Pillars of Aszune I haven't seen sight of either, it was where Maiev sent the runner through during the Warcraft 3 campaign

If these things exist in game let me know
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun View Post
    Out of all the things you could pick, you start with the trees? :U

Summon the Red Shirt Guy!
    Is that guy actually active on mmo-champion? I always wanted to know!

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    People criticizing Blizzard.

Fans calling it out as a "first world problem"
    Not liking the lore in a game is very much a first world problem. You know why? It's completely subjective.

There were palm trees in that isle they ended up scrapping. I hate it when they scrap content. I know Argus is more exciting but i hate leaving things incomplete, just like in Draenor.
    I wouldn't call Palm Trees content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    I wouldn't call Palm Trees content.
    You're not even worth it.

You're not even worth it.
    Sure thing, but you did call that cutting content.

Hell, you're right. Blizzard designers are just lazy - they make generic locations, with only difference between them - color of grass. For example, do you know, why I hate Draenor? Because Blizzard haven't even tried to make it look similar to Outland. I mean, Talador? Just generic location - grass, trees, water. Nothing to do with unique Terokkar forest from TBC. Yeah, Draenor is in alternative reality, but it should at least look similar, cuz at the end it's the same location.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.