Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    2 different issues.
    True. But I wonder how much of this would even be an issue if the airlines would stop making their seats ridiculously small? Those seats are so small they're often terribly uncomfortable for thin people.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, it's more than just being fat. I am 6'5" and I have a tough time flying in a coach seat because my legs are too long. Any flight more than a few hours becomes painful. I usually end up paying more for the leg room. They have stuffed so many seats onto a plane that flying has become terrible.

It surely can be a painful and embarrassing experience, I don't doubt that, but then again who's the one putting themselves into the position in the first place? Everyone who's flown even once knows quite well the space there is in the economy class. Flying among many other things (amusement parks, anyone?) has been blurred in people's minds quite badly. It's not your human right to fit in the economy seat, is it? I know the social stigma behind this can be quite nasty and unnecessary, I'm not supporting that. But could there be at least some involvement from the victim party here, no? They sell business class tickets as well. But so expensive!! Exactly, flying was a privilege, not a right to begin with.

If you are fat or have wide shoulders you could get one of those airline credit cards. Then use it to upgrade to first class on flights with the points you accumulate from using it. Airline economy seats are 18" at best. Even people without those issues get those cards for the upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    How is that ethical. If you really are that large that you take up the other person's space then you need to pay for 2 seats.
    Re-read what I wrote. I don't spill over into anyone else's seat. I do everything I can to make sure that the people next to me are as comfortable as possible. Are you really of the opinon that I should pay twice what you pay because I'm larger than most people?

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    Because weight is subjective? Do you honestly feel like a 240 pound man who is 6'4 should have to pay for 2 seats
    Or 250lb 6'6

I can barely walk through a standard door without grazing my knuckles because my shoulders are just that wide. If I was reduced to a skeleton I would still be elbowing my fellow passengers. Boeing needs to start making seats for adults, not malnourished toddlers, and to Hell with the airlines' ridiculous capacity demands. It's called "coach" class not "sardine" class.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Or 250lb 6'6

I can barely walk through a standard door without grazing my knuckles because my shoulders are just that wide. If I was reduced to a skeleton I would still be elbowing my fellow passengers. Boeing needs to start making seats for adults, not malnourished toddlers, and to Hell with the airlines' ridiculous capacity demands. It's called "coach" class not "sardine" class.
    I'm 6'4" 220lb and I can see myself being an issue for airlines. A 5'5" woman at 200lbs would be considered overweight, so what does that mean for me? This is where you get government to step in and regulate seat sizes, so this nonsense doesn't just end up costing people money cause airlines want to make weight an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I do everything I can to make sure that the people next to me are as comfortable as possible.
    Sit next to me the next flight I go on. I like skittles, chocolate chip cookies, and hourly foot massages.

X is me, Y is you.

|xxxxx||yyyyy| <--We each pay for 1 seat, we each get 1 seat.

|xxxyy||yyyyy| <--We each pay for 1 seat, but you get part of mine because you cant all fit in yours.

Solution: Buy enough seats to fit yourself in or pay me for the part of mine you are taking away.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Taojnhy View Post
    As a fat person myself, when I do fly I purchase two seats; it's not comfortable squeezing into one seat and I would never subject another person to deal with that by having to sit next to me.

That said, I have experienced once where an airline gave my extra seat to someone who was on standby and didn't refund my purchase price for the seat: instead they gave me a voucher for a future flight which in order to use means I'd still have to purchase an extra seat. That kind of bullshit doesn't sit well with me at all.
    They did this to me the one time I did buy two as well which is why I will NEVER buy two seats again.

Just going to throw this out there. Recently flew from LA to Sydney. A guy, about 6'6 is seated next to me. I have the window seat, he's in between me and the aisle seat. He's so tall and his arms so long, his freaking elbows are sticking into me for the entire 15 hour flight. It was a horrible experience.

If we're going to penalize the chubby people, lets also get the really tall people too.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    If you use more of a subscription than someone else should they charge you more? I see lots of people who cant put their bags in the storage areas because people use that up too. Maybe we should also charge them more.
    People do get charged more for extra hand luggage.

Its calculated on weight / size.

Although i agree its not nice for fat people to be crammed into one seat, its also not nice to be sitting next to fat people who invade personal space.

I would demand a refund if i was forced to use half a seat because fat person was using up all the room.

Why shouldnt i?

Anguish? The only anguish felt is by those people who have to sit next to them when they overflow several fucking seats. Learn to eat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    I'm 6'4" 220lb and I can see myself being an issue for airlines. A 5'5" woman at 200lbs would be considered overweight, so what does that mean for me? This is where you get government to step in and regulate seat sizes, so this nonsense doesn't just end up costing people money cause airlines want to make weight an issue.
    That woman would be fat, not overweight.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    Lose weight... then you won't have to pay for 2 seats and be healthier and save on food
    Can i lose inchs in hieght? im 6/6 and i dont fit in hardly any seats, im not obese, im out of shape, but im not remotly one of the people that should buy 2 seats.

Deleted
    There are bigger seats available. It's called business class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    Just going to throw this out there. Recently flew from LA to Sydney. A guy, about 6'6 is seated next to me. I have the window seat, he's in between me and the aisle seat. He's so tall and his arms so long, his freaking elbows are sticking into me for the entire 15 hour flight. It was a horrible experience.

If we're going to penalize the chubby people, lets also get the really tall people too.
    Well tall people can't really chop of their legs now can they? Fat people can diet.

ok the way I see it: weight limit, if it's to save fuel or something like that is stupid.
    however, if a person is too big for one seat, he / she should pay for second one, because airlines surely going to sell that seat for someone else, and what did that skinny person did to suffer being sat on by fat person?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    There are bigger seats available. It's called business class.

- - - Updated - - -

Well tall people can't really chop of their legs now can they? Fat people can diet.
    But making no distinction between tall/broad-shouldered people and fat people doesn't solve the issue for manlets: they still feel that their sacred personal space is being intruded on (isn't that in the definition of public transport though?).

We can't chop off our shoulders either, I can't help that I have broad shoulders and I certainly don't feel sorry for it.

Any solution that targets overweight people will also impact most tall people. You can't penalize someone for being tall, it's beyond ridiculous and we need to stop with this fucking baby society. Man the fuck up and deal with it instead of crying like a bunch of toddlers.

What's next? Anyone above 6' has to pay extra for concert tickets because they might be obscuring the view of tiny people? Or they should all be forced to stand way in the back?
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2016-12-18 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Honestly, it's more than just being fat. I am 6'5" and I have a tough time flying in a coach seat because my legs are too long. Any flight more than a few hours becomes painful. I usually end up paying more for the leg room. They have stuffed so many seats onto a plane that flying has become terrible.
    Not to be a dick about it, but it shouldn't be a surprise when things aren't built for people that are 2+ standard deviations outside the norm. There are accommodations available, they just cost more.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    X is me, Y is you.

|xxxxx||yyyyy| <--We each pay for 1 seat, we each get 1 seat.

|xxxyy||yyyyy| <--We each pay for 1 seat, but you get part of mine because you cant all fit in yours.

Solution: Buy enough seats to fit yourself in or pay me for the part of mine you are taking away.
    sense in 2016?

guess you voted trump too XD

A+ this is 100% correct.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Tennisace fat shaming again!!
    didn't he recently make a thread against that, some girl committed suicide because of such things?