Page 6 of 107 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    The only thing that's going to happen tomorrow is that Trump will be picked by the Electoral College. There will be more butt hurt and wailing from the liberals on here, and they'll just move on to something else. The next four years will be a salt mine of liberal tears thinking they may get some power back. If you think you're going to get the Senate and House back in 2018 you're high as fuck. More democrat seats in hostile territories are up for grabs than republicans. You can pretty much guarantee a full house, senate, and President Trump to play the music. Get the fuck over it. It is what it is. The left lost. The American people won.
    Why is it always "liberals this" and "liberals that" with you people? There were Republicans who hated Trump and don't want him in office too you know or are they automatically labelled as RINOs because you are all a hive mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Sorry from double posting, but I see your mistake. Daily caller source is self referencing, which points to one of their other articles. That article references a NY Times article, which actually has nothing to do with the original story, as indeed, like you were lead to believe, was about he emails.

Good on you to check the source, too bad you missed how you were being tricked.
    I'm going to level with you. I never read the article I vaguely saw it being talked about somewhere and posted it off google. I am honestly not concerned with anything Hilary post election I was just trying to get his goat.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    1. Must be qualified and/or have relevant experience for the position - he does not (he lacks the primary capability for starters - that of diplomacy), he lacks the self control and the willingness to do the job (e.g. Intel briefings).
    2. Must not be a demagogue or populist candidate who appeals to the lowest in people - he fails here so badly it isn't funny.
    3. Must not be have any direct foreign control - he fails significantly here in that he is already doing favours in return for Trump business advantages in foreign countries.

Another one not mentioned in the original (few hundred year old) requirements is nepotism, that is against most commonly held rules - yet Trump is giving 3 major roles to his children who are participating in international government discussions AND are the ones now running Trump's businesses.

As an example - the worst president I ever experienced, George W Bush passed ALL of those tests.
    1. He does have an economics degree, military education background and has his own business (however controversial that may be). Therefore Trump passes this with flying colours, considering that many previous US presidents (and candidates in 2016 election) lacked even basic economic education. Also, no political background is not an issue - Eisenhower, Hoover, Taft, Grant and Taylor had zero political experience.
    2. Ehmm... I would really like someone to point me in the direction of at least one non populist president in recent history.
    3. Again, ehmm... Most presidents exhibited either pro or anti some other country behaviour.
    As for nepotism - http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=124321

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Why is it always "liberals this" and "liberals that" with you people? There were Republicans who hated Trump and don't want him in office too you know or are they automatically labelled as RINOs because you are all a hive mind?
    Nope sorry, they are all liberals now when they didn't vote along party lines and instead voted according to their conscience and what's best for the nation.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

I'm just glad this will all be over tomorrow. The back and forth my side vs your side is really getting old. I'm hoping after tomarrow we can all move on from the mud slinging on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Good sir what is it you are implying?
    That such is as ridiculously stupid as calls for a Muslim registry.
    Not to mention unconstitutional.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Nope sorry, they are all liberals now when they didn't vote along party lines and instead voted according to their conscience and what's best for the nation.
    I sincerely hope 40 GOP electors go the "faithless" route.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good sir what is it you are implying?
    He is drawing the connection between you supporting a guy who said Mexicans are murderers and rapists, but some are good people, and calls to investigate Jews for 9/11, as I'm sure they thought some of us, like my self, were good people. Maybe he is drawing a conclusion based on a Star of David Hillary picture tweeted by a guy you support, that is available in MS Pain, and blaming Jews. Maybe it's the obsession with conspiracy theories and one that involves Jews. I don't know... Trump said a lot of strange things that can seem similar if looking from a perspective...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    They shouldn't, and you shouldn't hope for it either. It's better for the nation in the long run to vote in Trump, even if there's short term chaos.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    I'm just glad this will all be over tomorrow. The back and forth my side vs your side is really getting old. I'm hoping after tomarrow we can all move on from the mud slinging on both sides.
    The mud slinging is only on one side unfortunately.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to level with you. I never read the article I vaguely saw it being talked about somewhere and posted it off google. I am honestly not concerned with anything Hilary post election I was just trying to get his goat.
    No problemo, I wouldn't be surprised if it was reopened. I googled right away, thinking it was true.

But, keep an eye on that trick. I see it a lot... it was the first thing I checked for credibility...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    That such is as ridiculously stupid as calls for a Muslim registry.
    Not to mention unconstitutional.

- - - Updated - - -

Why is a registry unconstitutional?

If you think it will be all over you are in for a surprise. George Soros and his Rockefeller masters aren't going to just back down. They're going to double down on civil unrest, expect more BLM and communist riots.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    i dont think you know why it was implemented if you think its not doing its primary reason. Just becuase the person you dont like won doesnt mean its a failing system.

- - - Updated - - -

Please post where he "begged" for help from russia.
    I don't know if anyone got back to you on this but here you go, straight from the horses mouth. It was not really begging, but he was very directly requesting it. He looked straight at the camera and spelled it out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNa2B5zHfbQ To me this is a disqualifying action. He is a candidate for president here. The president upholds the laws of the country. No matter how inconvenient those laws may seem to his goals. He should not actively try to circumvent the law. Nixon was impeached for this. And many other presidents and leaders have done similar things. Many of them went unpunished. These are the very things that conservatives and liberals alike rally against. If he wants to make new laws, then he has to go through congress.
    Last edited by Zmaniac17; 2016-12-18 at 05:54 PM.

Why is a registry unconstitutional?
    Why did you link fake news sources?

Quote Originally Posted by Lockon Stratos View Post
    If you think it will be all over you are in for a surprise. George Soros and his Rockefeller masters aren't going to just back down. They're going to double down on civil unrest, expect more BLM and communist riots.
    OfC the fringe will carry on but the average person just wants this to all be over and to return to some lvl of normalcy.

OfC the fringe will carry on but the average person just wants this to all be over and to return to some lvl of normalcy.
    Like to building a wall and a concentration camp?

10+ Year Old Account
    They shouldn't, and you shouldn't hope for it either. It's better for the nation in the long run to vote in Trump, even if there's short term chaos.
    I chalk those replies with those saying "I hope he fails", as people that don't actually realize what they are saying. I hope he succeeds, I don't believe he will, but I would much prefer he succeeded in helping the country. Me being right < My country...

He is drawing the connection between you supporting a guy who said Mexicans are murderers and rapists, but some are good people, and calls to investigate Jews for 9/11, as I'm sure they thought some of us, like my self, were good people. Maybe he is drawing a conclusion based on a Star of David Hillary picture tweeted by a guy you support, that is available in MS Pain, and blaming Jews. Maybe it's the obsession with conspiracy theories and one that involves Jews. I don't know... Trump said a lot of strange things that can seem similar if looking from a perspective...
    I don't see it myself.

I don't know maybe its just me.

I chalk those replies with those saying "I hope he fails", as people that don't actually realize what they are saying. I hope he succeeds, I don't believe he will, but I would much prefer he succeeded in helping the country. Me being right < My country...
    See my first post in this thread.

Edit:

Oops, not the first, but this:

It's better to vote in Trump tbh, from a long term strategic point-of-view.

See, if Trump comes in and is miraculously a good president, then yay and Democrats can at least make peace with the fact the nation isn't in peril - that's what they really want ultimately, good governance which Republicans have traditionally failed miserably at.

And if he's a shit awful president at the rate he's going even when he's not even president yet, then it's incredibly likely that it would serve as an extremely rude wake-up call to everyone in the US - the Republicans control all 3 branches of government, so if they fail to produce any results whatsoever while running the nation to the brink, they can't scapegoat the Democrats like they do all the time via fake news.

If Democrats win another presidency, all this opens up is another term(or even two) of shitty compromise and quarter measures because it's not like they can push through anything when Republicans have and will just filibuster/obstruct everything, then blame the Democrats for not being effective by lying on alt right sites like Breitbart.

Lose the battle, win the war. The sacrifices might be huge, but things usually have to get way worse before they get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaniac17 View Post
    I don't know if anyone got back to you on this but here you go, straight from the horses mouth. It was not really begging, but he was very directly requesting it. He looked straight at the camera and spelled it out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNa2B5zHfbQ To me this is a disqualifying action. He is a candidate for president here. The president upholds the laws of the country. No matter how inconvenient those laws may seem to his goals. He should not actively try to circumvent the law. Nixon was impeached for this. And many other presidents and leaders have done similar things. Many of them went unpunished. These are the very things that conservatives and liberals alike rally against. If he wants to make new laws he goes through congress.
    That was a breaking point for me.
    Despise her for whatever reason, he shouldn't go to another country's president to break her down. She's his fellow American..wtf was wrong with him...?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    LOL a return to popular vote? Do you not know what a republic is? They shouldnt even be showing the popular vote in federal elections as it has no purpose other than to confuse and rile up the uneducated like yourself.
    The EC works the way it does because the United States is a federation, not because it is a republic. A republic simply means that we elect representatives rather than voting on legislation directly; a federation is a union of politically distinct, self-governing states that operate under a federal government.

Next time take a cursory glace at a wikipedia definition before you start making an ass out of yourself.