10+ Year Old Account

Dead bones of super giants.

I was always curious about those 2 GIANT skeletons in Frostfire Ridge. They look like they belong to Gronns but are 1000X bigger than any living Gronn we've ever seen in the game. I mean, just their skulls alone are bigger than a watch tower as seen here:

Anyone know the hows and whys of these?
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-12-15 at 10:06 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    This article pretty much explains it:

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Earth_giant

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    They are the Earth Giants, ancestors to the Magnaron, Gronn, and the Ogres.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    This article pretty much explains it:

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Earth_giant
    It says they are ancestors to the ettins, what the hell?

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to know what those giant skeletons in Desolace are

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    It says they are ancestors to the ettins, what the hell?
    That's probably just inconsistent writing. Ettins existed on Azeroth before Draenor contact afaik.

They're just ancestors of Gronn. They were created by the Titans to shape the world, equivalent plant monsters likely exist too. I seem to remember Drek'Thar referring to them as "Collossals."

One thing I don't get is why do they have bones (and why did they decompose) if they are the ancestors to other breakers? They should be even more elemental than the Magnaron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    One thing I don't get is why do they have bones (and why did they decompose) if they are the ancestors to other breakers? They should be even more elemental than the Magnaron.
    wasn't it said that the titans seem to have used much more biological minions on draenor than on azeroth?

even the plant guys have bones. there are genesaur skulls all around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    That's probably just inconsistent writing. Ettins existed on Azeroth before Draenor contact afaik.
    Literally any lore inconsistencies in WoD's Draenor can be dismissed by saying it's an alternate timeline and "don't count the blades of grass" excuses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    Literally any lore inconsistencies in WoD's Draenor can be dismissed by saying it's an alternate timeline and "don't count the blades of grass" excuses.
    It's not an inconsistency in WoD. They were introduced in Cata. Them being descended from ogres is in the WoW Magazine, published in 2011. They didn't appear at all in WoD.

In the Warcraft Magazine they had an evolution chart put together by Brann Bronzebeard he refered to the predecessor of the Gronn as being the massive Earth Giants, which at some point Blizzard called them Grom. Gonna try to find a source for you.
    Last edited by Bling; 2016-12-18 at 05:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bling View Post
    In the Warcraft Magazine they had an evolution chart put together by Brann Bronzebeard he refered to the predecessor of the Gronn as being the massive Earth Giants, which at some point Blizzard called them Grom. Gonna try to find a source for you.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2016-12-18 at 06:01 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    They're just ancestors of Gronn. They were created by the Titans to shape the world, equivalent plant monsters likely exist too. I seem to remember Drek'Thar referring to them as "Collossals."
    They shaped Draenor in the Age of Colossals.