Page 7 of 107 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Why is a registry unconstitutional?
    Are you even American???

o wait...you don't believe in equality...

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Why did you link fake news sources?
    I think they are considered a real source or at least as much as that means these days. We are fast approaching the point were news is live leaks or it didn't happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Are you even American???

o wait...you don't believe in equality...
    Nothing is equal in nature. I fail to see your argument.

Oh, so the US Constitution isn't a consideration with you...got it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    If the EC overrides the vote of the masses, there won't be and EC next election. A Constitutional amendment will be passed to remove the EC.
    The only chance republicans have is the EC. With popular vote they would rarely ever get a president.

I'll take an infraction for this. I don't understand why a meme picture is cracked down on instantly but alt right nut jobs, like primalmatter, Vyxn, and others can go into any thread they want to and argue white supremacy and that Muslim registries are a good thing because they're all suicide bombers and not equal.

I don't fucking get it. Are forums like MMO-Champion, reddit, and others THAT afraid of backlash?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Not unless it's the second amendment of course, how can you not know this. /smack
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure you need enough brainpower to not start a civil war to get in the EC.

You are not trying to be witty are you?

The EC exist so that California and New York don't dictate every election. How some people don't understand this is beyond me.
    You may now kiss the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Choda View Post
    The EC exist so that California and New York don't dictate every election. How some people don't understand this is beyond me.
    Except that's not at all why it's around. The primary purpose of the electoral college is to provide a body of educated individuals to cast their votes instead of but on behalf of the populace, acting as a final failsafe to populists and foreign demagogues from reaching the seat of the presidency, given how easily manipulated the common man can be.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Except that's not at all why it's around. The primary purpose of the electoral college is to provide a body of educated individuals to cast their votes instead of but on behalf of the populace, acting as a final failsafe to populists and foreign demagogues from reaching the seat of the presidency, given how easily manipulated the common man can be.
    I never said why it's around, I am stating what its effect is, intended or not.
    You may now kiss the ring.

I'm sure in a few years you can go to the Thunderdome to solve your disputes. Two men enter one man leaves. Who needs equality when you can just beat the shit out of the other guy. Maybe you should start learning to cage fight now though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    LOL a return to popular vote? Do you not know what a republic is? They shouldnt even be showing the popular vote in federal elections as it has no purpose other than to confuse and rile up the uneducated like yourself.

1st Popular vote determines which candidate wins each state.
    2nd State uses its votes to vote for one single candidate.

Each State is its own private country if you will. It doesnt matter if California has 100 million people vote. Their vote shall not impede the votes of other states like Arkansas, Ohio, etc. Each State gets a voice.

The United States are not 1 country but a group of countries which is why the votes are tallied in this manner. Every State election uses popular vote to determine the winner. And its the same with the President. The popular vote chooses what candidate that state will send its votes for.

The EC prevents potential candidates from only visiting populous areas and states and ignoring over half the country. This country isnt just NYC, LA, Miami, etc. Theres alot of people out there who live outside cities who have issues to, and those people need their voice heard just as much.

The EC is a needed system. Just because u dont like it and didnt get your way doesnt mean it needs to go.

Popular vote does determine Presidential Elections just not the way you want it to.
    Even though EC does promote more equality between states, it's reason of implementation was not for that reason. The reason the EC was founded by the founding fathers was because they wanted an extra loophole to override the popular vote. They wanted to be certain that in case it didn't go their way, they could sway the election to their preferred side.

Elections everywhere in the world are won based on majority of popular vote because that's a true way of democracy. EC isn't democratic, because it labels citizens depending of what state they come from, their vote could be worth more or less than say someone from another state where they have more or less inhabitants. You can argue all you want, but the first pillar of a democracy states that every voter is equal, in the USA with EC system that's simply not the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did the EC ever get their information about the Russian stuff like they requested?

You are not trying to be witty are you?
    You ARE actually clueless aren't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Not unless it's the second amendment of course, how can you not know this. /smack
    What part of having a registry based upon religion is Constitutional?

More for primalmatter to answer really...
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2016-12-18 at 06:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...I never read the article I vaguely saw it being talked about somewhere...
    Therein lies the problem.

If the EC doesn't vote for Trump it will be the end of decency and democracy in USA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mangusei View Post
    If the EC doesn't vote for Trump it will be the end of decency and democracy in USA.
    And if they vote for Trump it'll be the end of decency and democracy in the USA.

Guess we're fucked either way?

Quote Originally Posted by Choda View Post
    I never said why it's around, I am stating what its effect is, intended or not.
    The problem is that the opposite effect is occurring. In order to stop California from determining the election, fly over states are getting significantly more power behind their votes than someone in California.

It's creating a situation where you still only have a few states worth campaigning in while the voters in California are being worth less every year despite making up a massive amount of the federal tax revenue for a single state. Small states already even have representation via the House and they're 100% equal in Senate. California and New York are effectively losing representation and their voice each election cycle while giving money to others who spit on them.

edit: I don't see the harm in giving those states more influence over the presidency when they're the states effectively footing the bill for the country and make up enormous population percentages compared to fly over states that are sparsely populated and are more land than actual people.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2016-12-18 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    And if they vote for Trump it'll be the end of decency and democracy in the USA.

Guess we're fucked either way?
    Atleast fucked according to rules.