10+ Year Old Account
    It's typically bad when I get gold damage as Mei, because it presumes that the rest of the team did nothing. But even with that, gold elims and objective elims, we held the payload to the first turn on route 66. Felt good to just fully click with a team for once.

15+ Year Old Account
    I typically feel like I'm forced into playing a healer when I don't feel like it. Because everyone is running w/e they want. And I mean, that's fine, I guess someone has to heal. It just means I don't get much practice on any other hero but Lucio. Because...y'know... I can't aim--and apparently not being good at aiming is some sort of cardinal sin to other players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I typically feel like I'm forced into playing a healer when I don't feel like it. Because everyone is running w/e they want. And I mean, that's fine, I guess someone has to heal. It just means I don't get much practice on any other hero but Lucio. Because...y'know... I can't aim--and apparently not being good at aiming is some sort of cardinal sin to other players.
    I like playing Zenyatta, so if I'm forced to heal, I go with him and play aggressively. Fun to kill discorded enemies on your own. I will go with Lucio if I wanna be lazier.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I like playing Zenyatta, so if I'm forced to heal, I go with him and play aggressively. Fun to kill discorded enemies on your own. I will go with Lucio if I wanna be lazier.
    I also enjoy Zenyatta. Problem is how people in Quick Play see a Zenyatta pick and nobody else chooses a 2nd healer, leaving all the healing duties to a hero that is seriously ill-fit for the job.

I also enjoy Zenyatta. Problem is how people in Quick Play see a Zenyatta [b]ANY SUPPORT[/s] pick and nobody else chooses a 2nd healer, leaving all the healing duties to a hero that is seriously ill-fit for the job.
    fixed... most people just pick their favorite and try to solo the whole enemy team

To be fair, if you can't aim, you shouldn't be playing high skill cap heroes. There are a bunch of heroes that you don't need to aim well with, and can still carry a game, and I don't even mean supports.

This assumes you meant in competitive though. If your just fucking around in quick play then play what you want, though be prepared to not have any fun if you don't have a balanced team.

well... you're playing a shooter. It's kind of a big deal in a game heavily based around shooting.

IMO load up the custom 1v6 headshot only ana party and train up.

edit:

that's how I went from barely able to hit the broadside of a rein shield with tracer/reaper to picking bad pharah's out of the sky with hanzo.

edit2

just had a match where 3 of my team mates sat at the first choke point in hanamura... the tank and healer were trying to push into the point, I was getting to the point for flanks... enemy team was a mess somewhere between the point and their spawn. But somehow 3 assault types, a soldier, sombra, and reaper... were NOT pushing. It's like they were afraid of getting instagibbed in the doorway or something.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2016-12-18 at 05:59 AM.

I can't aim--and apparently not being good at aiming is some sort of cardinal sin to other players.
    It's a first person shooter.

I should really get the airforce to re-consider my application.
    I mean heck, can't be right that I can't be a pilot if I am colour blind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    It's a first person shooter.

I should really get the airforce to re-consider my application.
    I mean heck, can't be right that I can't be a pilot if I am colour blind.
    I did say not being good at aiming... is like you punched somebody's kitten in this game. Not that it shouldn't be about shooting.

This game is making me so fcking salty. People just give it away and don't communicate; playing the game like it's a single player. Reinhardts that are continuously going in solo, and even worse: charging in solo. People that are rolling a Bastion because they think that's the best role to take when holding a point. Healers that are going in solo and are DPS-ing more than healing are also incredibly worse, so freaking annoying. Almost nobody links his ult, just jumping around like it's a kindergarten.

This game gives me more stress than work, it's so frustrating. I think I reached the point where I can objectively say that this game is unplayable without a party.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptar View Post
    This game is making me so fcking salty. People just give it away and don't communicate; playing the game like it's a single player. Reinhardts that are continuously going in solo, and even worse: charging in solo. People that are rolling a Bastion because they think that's the best role to take when holding a point. Healers that are going in solo and are DPS-ing more than healing are also incredibly worse, so freaking annoying. Almost nobody links his ult, just jumping around like it's a kindergarten.

This game gives me more stress than work, it's so frustrating. I think I reached the point where I can objectively say that this game is unplayable without a party.
    People run in solo because they don't have spacial sense to see where the blue team tags are and don't realize they are alone or their team is failing to move forward with them. Sometimes as Rhardt I have a team that has a few close combat guys and a few ranged and I walk in only to find out that the close combat guys decided to go off on a flank route and the left no rangers decided to hang back and shoot (snipers, soldier) and I just walked into a situation where it is 6 guns vs me. Then you get the times when your entire team switched to long range and have no desire to try and stand on the control point and have no clue that the team that fights on the control point wins the control point.

Sometimes your team fails to capitalize on Rhardt plowing the road for them.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

I did say not being good at aiming... is like you punched somebody's kitten in this game. Not that it shouldn't be about shooting.
    Pretty much. If it was exclusively all about aim, then it would be a laughably basic (and boring) game. And you have heros designed for people who can't aim very well (Symmetra, Winston, Pharah, Junkrat)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

The key thing you need to be able to do in this game has people annoyed?
    Who knew!

Yeah, I understand their frustration.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raptar View Post

You can obviously not state anything objectively, you're human.
    Take a step back from the game and go for a walk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Obviously you guys aren't getting it. I should be able to play whatever I want, and nobody should be angry because I'm not the most amazing shooter in the world. That's all I'm saying.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously you guys aren't getting it. I should be able to play whatever I want, and nobody should be angry because I'm not the most amazing shooter in the world. That's all I'm saying.
    That's fine in a single player game. This is a multiplayer game. So while it really feels bad man to get ragged on for going pro hanjo when you just want to do it, you don't get the right to demand that other people not be pissy about it. You signed up to play a game with 5 other people. That's the way any activity in life goes where you share responsibilities for a joint outcome. If you want to play what you want, you have to find friends that will accept that and then you go for it. Just like in real life.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    That's fine in a single player game. This is a multiplayer game. So while it really feels bad man to get ragged on for going pro hanjo when you just want to do it, you don't get the right to demand that other people not be pissy about it. You signed up to play a game with 5 other people. That's the way any activity in life goes where you share responsibilities for a joint outcome. If you want to play what you want, you have to find friends that will accept that and then you go for it. Just like in real life.
    And it's quick play. Where the hell else are you going to learn how to dodge and shoot while simultaneously adapting your play around other people? Nowhere. Sure, I can maybe learn to shoot in the firing range. But am I learning how to do it all at once? What use am I, then? As an aside, I wasn't referring to Hanzo or Widowmaker. Learning how to hit people who are jumping around like they're hyped up on sugar isn't easy, and it's something I've been trying to figure out the trick to for a while now. But judging by the people on this board--as I have said before--it's like some cardinal sin that I'm not already amazing. It gets irritating, and if I had friends to play with I'd be doing that--but I don't.

And it's quick play. Where the hell else are you going to learn how to dodge and shoot while simultaneously adapting your play around other people? Nowhere. Sure, I can maybe learn to shoot in the firing range. But am I learning how to do it all at once? What use am I, then? As an aside, I wasn't referring to Hanzo or Widowmaker. Learning how to hit people who are jumping around like they're hyped up on sugar isn't easy, and it's something I've been trying to figure out the trick to for a while now. But judging by the people on this board--as I have said before--it's like some cardinal sin that I'm not already amazing. It gets irritating, and if I had friends to play with I'd be doing that--but I don't.
    Try some Singleplayer shooters. They're a really good starting ground. Borderlands The Pre-Sequel and 2 are excellent. ( First borderlands game hasn't aged well, I would say)

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing how you can block and report someone for cheating, and next day be out in a group with them. Seriously takes the edge off the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    Try some Singleplayer shooters. They're a really good starting ground. Borderlands The Pre-Sequel and 2 are excellent. ( First borderlands game hasn't aged well, I would say)
    Or he/she can learn to play while playing a game they find enjoyable. Maybe they don't have other single FPS games, maybe they just don't enjoy them. As they also pointed out, it's QP, go in and have fun. Yes, it's annoying to constantly be on a losing streak, but at the same time there are a LOT of players that treat QP as ranked games. I played a game last night with our lineup as Mercy, Sym, Junk, Mei, Tor, and Bastion. Was I upset? Sure...for about 1/2 a second, then I remembered why I went to QP. To have fun, screw around, and spend time learning how to play characters I'm not particularly good at. Why shouldn't other people have the same right to do so without others yelling at them for it. Best part was 3 of the people in that group yelling at each other like they had a million dollars riding on the outcome. QP is for learning and having fun, and while it is aggravating if you are on a losing streak, people have to remember that. If people want a more serious playstyle/game, go into competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Amazing how you can block and report someone for cheating, and next day be out in a group with them. Seriously takes the edge off the win.
    The developers claim that they removed the ability to 'block' players because it was being abused...which is silly since getting rid of toxic players should be considered a higher priority. Harassment in most games isn't generally taken seriously though - bar a few exceptions. There's usually just legal jargon in place to cover the company. Which is why almost every online game states that they take harassment 'extremely seriously'.