Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I had hoped Vader would have killed some of the main characters as well, rather than "just" killing random rebels.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I can't fathom how any thinks that TFA is better than Rogue One.

TFA was far to Disney-fied, had huge plotholes (it's the first movie I've ever sat and scratched my head at the WHOLE way through), pretty terrible acting, a multitude of cringe worthy lines, and probably the absolute worst villain we've seen in a Star Wars movie to date (Kylo Ren).
    And I can't fathom how anyone could think TFA didn't have the best acting and dialogue in any Star Wars movie to date.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would probaly cut 2 characters out (The blind monk and the guy with gatling laser cannon), since they fell like they were put there for no reason.

The pilot and droid were fitting tho.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    Question to anyone who has seen the film (Kinda sounds spoilery, so I'll cover it):Does the film have any connections to TFA or its future? Like a mention of any of the current characters, or is it just about events pre-Episode 4?
    As its set right between Ep 3 and 4 it has zero connection to tfa

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SofyaOrlena View Post
    I never watched star-wars from which chapter to begin ? ;D
    well the "correct" order would be now ep 1-3, rogue one, ep 4-325

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I would probaly cut 2 characters out (The blind monk and the guy with gatling laser cannon), since they fell like they were put there for no reason.

The pilot and droid were fitting tho.
    BUT BUT "I am the force and the force is in me"-Mantra! ^^

The biggest problem with rouge one is the simple fact that it is a prequel, and therefore has many limitations on what the movie can and cannot do. We already know a heck of a lot about the film simply by seeing episode 4. We know for a fact that they succeed in getting the death star plans. Unless you are a bit slow, we know that most of the new cast never pop back up in any of the later films, so it makes sense for them to die.

I don't think the 2 characters mentioned above hurt the film in the least. Personally, I really enjoyed both of them and the movie would not be the same without them. Besides, these 2 characters are going to help the movie make ALOT of money in China, so in that regard they are somewhat necessary. Unrealistic expectations about what a prequel film can and cannot do by its own nature is why some people don't like it as much. Rest assured, this fill is 100% better the the previous 3 prequel films made by the master himself.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also Leia looked chubby.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    you mean like finn, lyn and rei.

I enjoyed it. But yes, character development could be a bit better with some of the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I had hoped Vader would have killed some of the main characters as well, rather than "just" killing random rebels.

- - - Updated - - -

And I can't fathom how anyone could think TFA didn't have the best acting and dialogue in any Star Wars movie to date.
    Your standards are pretty low then.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Also Leia looked chubby.
    she was chubby in ep 4, she lost all the baby fat by ep5

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah she was cute chubby in ep 4

- - - Updated - - -

Not really seeing as most star wars acting and dialogue is not that high standard in the first place.

This comment actually makes no sense really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Also Leia looked chubby.
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    she was chubby in ep 4, she lost all the baby fat by ep5
    Also her haircut was a way to hide some of her chubbiness in the original
    Her father works for coca cola or was it pepsi? She chugged lots of them
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2016-12-19 at 01:23 AM.

I liked both this movie and TFA, neither are without flaws though.

I can see why people might strongly prefer one versus the other, since they are quite different. That's a good thing.

The Star Wars fanboy in me got way to excited to see a Hammerhead-class ship used in this movie to ram one of the Star Destroyers. We've never seen an Old Republic Era-based ship like that in any of the movies before. Makes me hopeful that they will eventually get around to making some movies set in the Old Republic era.
    Right?

I also got excited seeing those TIE strikers. I know they're technically new designs made for the film, but I could've sworn I'd seen that wing arrangement before. They look a little like the TIE/D drone fighters I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    Not sure if someone has already mentioned it, but was Mothma referring to Leia (likely) or Ahsoka?
    I don't have the exact wording to hand, but I'm pretty certain that she says to Bail that he needs to contact his old Jedi friend in the desert, and that he needs to send someone he trusts (to contact him). Two different people. He sends Leia to contact Obi-Wan.

I guess you might think it's Ahsoka if you heard it as if the Jedi and the person he sends ("she") are the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Why is Vader living in Barad-dur? That's pretty much my only question.

Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    Why is Vader living in Barad-dur? That's pretty much my only question.
    It's the base on Mustafar he took over from the Separatists in RotS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    It's the base on Mustafar he took over from the Separatists in RotS.
    And where he basically killed his baby momma and got sliced up.

Vader is pretty hardcore like that.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

So I gave the all clear to my Gamergate friends and WoW guildies. They don't need to keep boycotting the film because Rogue one is not a feminist movie.

Jyn is just a classic damsel in distress. Spends the first half of the movie looking up to and being protected by father figures (Mikkelsen and Forest Whittaker's characters). Then at the end of the movie, Cassian saves her and the guy gets the girl as they embrace on the beach.

SJWs are extremely pissed on twitter at this bait-and-switch by Disney though. Rogue One doesn't even satisfy the Bechdel Twist (TFA did - when Rey talked to Yoda's wife about her history/destiny).
    Last edited by ramjb; 2016-12-19 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    And where he basically killed his baby momma and got sliced up.

Vader is pretty hardcore like that.
    “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Picking this specific place to reside is pretty much the perfect Sith meditation place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Picking this specific place to reside is pretty much the perfect Sith meditation place.
    also the last place he finally finished of the jedi side in him, but i think until the very end when he died he believed he was making the galaxy a safe place.