Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Do they have a payment/processing center in Germany or are payments processed electronically through another country? Just because a customer from another country uses their credit/debit card to buy your product/service, that does not give that country any legal standing against you.
    They can intercept those payments.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    They can intercept those payments.
    Well, yeah. I was merely making the point that a country has no authority outside its borders. So while Germany could take action against the in-country presence of any of the companies mentioned and perhaps block content from those sites, those companies could just as easily say, "Yeah, well, fuck you." /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Freedom of opinion does not give you the rigth to say 'X should die', and it has never been a rigth to say that,

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    We have all seen what happens if someone tries.

http://www.theatlantic.com/internati...t-case/478437/
    Yes, he was pretty offending towards Erdogan, but the German court founds there were no ground on which to prosecute Boehmermann.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Nothing I say is irrelevant to my points. I will be the judge of that, thank you very little. The FACT remains, that when you say someone else's ideas are "hateful", that is in fact an expression of your opinion about their statement. The notion that doing so should be illegal, is completely abhorrent and incompatible with a free society.
    No.
    A circle is round. A Hate speech "is speech that attacks a person or group on the basis of attributes such as gender, ethnic origin, religion, race, disability, or sexual orientation."
    If you want free speech, a right given to you by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, you also have to give everyone else the same rights, which are also featured in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. That includes protection from these attacks.

You are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    No.
    A circle is round. A Hate speech "is speech that attacks a person or group on the basis of attributes such as gender, ethnic origin, religion, race, disability, or sexual orientation."
    If you want free speech, a right given to you by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, you also have to give everyone else the same rights, which are also featured in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. That includes protection from these attacks.

You are welcome.
    If you are not free to express your opinions, you are not free.

Also, gotta love that mic drop on the burner account. You must get banned a lot to have that many posts on your ban log in.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    How likely is it that you sue someone from saying "twat" to you though? That's basically what I was saying.
    It's also important to note that, as soon as the other person engages in similar insults himself, he loses the right to sue.
    Well, the police has a reputation of happily fining you for calling then such things to their face, that is why everyone knows you are supposed to tell them "I think you are a twat", because that would be stating an opinion and there is nothing they can do.

- - - Updated - - -

You are taking my direct statements to another poster out of context. It was not ME who claimed insults are not free speech, it was the other poster. I refuted his statement that insults should not be considered free speech.

The goal posts are not moving, you just showed up at the wrong field.
    You quoted me and refered to that quote. Do I count as multible people in your mind?

Deleted
    If you are not free to express your opinions, you are not free.

Also, gotta love that mic drop on the burner account. You must get banned a lot to have that many posts on your ban log in.
    What are you even talking about now...
    I guess this just tells me that you lost and don't know how to defend your position properly?

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Well, the police has a reputation of happily fining you for calling then such things to their face, that is why everyone knows you are supposed to tell them "I think you are a twat", because that would be stating an opinion and there is nothing they can do.

- - - Updated - - -

You quoted me and refered to that quote. Do I count as multible people in your mind?
    I don't know. All I know is someone said something, I refuted it, and now you are saying I moved goal posts by responding directly to what was said. Re-read through it, you will see what I mean.

Dear US citizens, world champions in incarceration rates, with ten times of our homicide rate, please tell us more about freedom and peace.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Dear US citizens, world champions in incarceration rates, with ten times of our homicide rate, please tell us more about freedom and peace.
    China has lower murder rates than you do. Are they more free?

Well, yeah. I was merely making the point that a country has no authority outside its borders. So while Germany could take action against the in-country presence of any of the companies mentioned and perhaps block content from those sites, those companies could just as easily say, "Yeah, well, fuck you." /shrug
    They could, but those companies that have this option mostly have it because they do not matter.

LOL it would be germany to force censorship

Sounds like a reason to cancel Twitter service in Germany.

Deleted
    In China you can say whatever you want as long as you don't criticize the Chinese gov.

In China you can say whatever you want as long as you don't criticize the Chinese gov.
    Right.....

Deleted
    HAte speech laws have been effect since decades, and in no country has it led to abuse of power. Why should it be different when those laws are in effect on the webz?

"Violence" requires physical force.
    No, it can be a threat of physical force. Brandishing a gun is an act of violence, and the law treats it as such. Even if the gun is unloaded.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    HAte speech laws have been effect since decades, and in no country has it led to abuse of power. Why should it be different when those laws are in effect on the webz?
    Because it's international "waters".

Deleted
    Because it's international "waters".
    And those outside Germany probably won't notice it, just like nobody outside Germany noticed GEMA's struggle with YouTube