Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Im just here awaiting tumblr ppl to be mad at players cuz its not 50/50 split male/female characters
    elves are the only race there are more females than males.
    Demon hunters are the only class both elven race have more males than females
    There are more female blood elf hunters than male - so much for the Legolas effect
    Females out number males in often significantly except in warriors amongst Night elves where males are dominate. BElves have more female warriors than males
    Death knights and Paladins have verry slightly higher male populations amingst night elves and blood elves respectively

perhaps that's proof that lore doesn't affect class selection nearly as much because in lore, amongst both night elves and blood elves in contrast to naga, it is the males that are the more prolific spell casters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Lol, and how does it feel to be a blood elf faction, eh, hordies?

Also, OP, what's wrong with your basic math? Count with me: September, October, November, 1/2 of December = 3 and 1/2 months, which is nowhere near "nearly 6 months in" lol.
    it was an intended exaggeration - the shortest way to express the mood of the post in the title .. hence "nearly" 6 months. even though the 6month starts at the end of next month. Also i expected the life of the post to span roughly a few months which shouldn't be a rpoblem in Januaray.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    elves are the only race there are more females than males.
    Demon hunters are the only class both elven race have more males than females
    There are more female blood elf hunters than male - so much for the Legolas effect
    Females out number males in often significantly except in warriors amongst Night elves where males are dominate. BElves have more female warriors than males
    Death knights and Paladins have verry slightly higher male populations amingst night elves and blood elves respectively

perhaps that's proof that lore doesn't affect class selection nearly as much because in lore, amongst both night elves and blood elves in contrast to naga, it is the males that are the more prolific spell casters.
    Lore doesn't affect much.

I was checking the data during late WOD chaud posted on mmo-champ front page and even if it changed a bit, the general conclusions were:

- is the race considered pretty and sexy? more females (belf, nelf, draenei etc.)
    - is the race considered ugly? way less females than males (tauren, orc, dwarf etc.)
    - does the class typically wear a dress? more females (clothies, druids etc.), on the opposite plate classes had the least females in the proportion
    - was the class / race combo implemented later in the game? will affect the proportion, for example among belfs the least numbers belonged to warrior and monk, because they were added later (I guess doesn't apply to dh because everyone rolled them), another example humans were the most popular race on alliance but there were less human hunters than night elf hunters, why? because a lot of players rolled their hunters before humans could become one and didn't want to pay for racechange even if they wanted to play one.

Many player decisions go directly against the lore and tbh no one cares about that, they just want to play a character they like.
    - most druids are female night elves (despite lore claiming it was traditionally done by males)
    - most played horde race are blood elves (despite being "on the verge of extinction" lorewise)

You could probably find few more examples.

6 months in? It's not even been 5 months yet.

it was an intended exaggeration - the shortest way to express the mood of the post in the title .. hence "nearly" 6 months. even though the 6month starts at the end of next month
    No it doesnt, not even close.... where the HELL did you study math???

30- Aug - 30 Sept 1 month

30- Sep - 30 Oct 2 months

30 Oct - 30 Nov 3 months

30 Nov - 30 Dec 4 months

30 Dec - 30 Jan 2017 5 months

30 Jan 2017 - 28 Feb 2017 6 months

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    No it doesnt, not even close.... where the HELL did you study math???

30 Jan 2017 - 28 Feb 2017 6 months
    we are still on about this? I did say the 6th month starts at the end of January, you did quote it too.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Lol, and how does it feel to be a blood elf faction, eh, hordies?
    It's shit, honestly, and obvious proof that making demon hunters elf exclusive was a mistake. If you absolutely must make demon hunters you need to include fel orcs and broken draenei as race choices, lore be damned.

It has to do mostly with pvp i imagine. Everyone was alliance for the ridiculous human trinket, but now that gladiator is faction based, theres no reason to be alliance at all. Most pvp streams prefer horde too. Their fanboys obviously follow.

Doesn't help that they removed a lot of CC from stuff like warriors so blood elf is absolutely insane for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    It's shit, honestly, and obvious proof that making demon hunters elf exclusive was a mistake. If you absolutely must make demon hunters you need to include fel orcs and broken draenei as race choices, lore be damned.
    blood elves were the most popular race before demon hunters were around. People prefer aethestically pleasing characters over 'cool' ones. Also, who the fuck would be a tauren paladin? You have an entire class locked to blood elf essentially - paladins.

"Night elves for the first time are more numerous than humans - that was a surprise"

Shadowmeld is really good for Mythic Plus and WQ, and it's a DPS increase for Rogue.

Horde also get better racials for M+, esp BE silence. If I played Horde I'd be BE for the silence

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    6 months? In what reality?
    OP got mad time travel skills they learned from Khadgar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.