Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by boz0 View Post
    It says "Release x64", not "Release Candidate" or "RC". Kinda misleading, though.
    They never say release candidate. They always say release. Where did you even get that from?

Like, I'm not sure if you've ever seen a blizzard ptr, because it's always like this.

heres some examples:
    http://i.imgur.com/eG3PNYR.jpg
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images.../52release.png
    (Accompanying mmo-champ post for above)
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ate-News-Recap

http://www.wowhead.com/news=254140.3...-release-build

Why is this so hard to accept. I know the ptr is a complete joke right now, but it's what they want apparently.

Mind, Release Candidate doesn't mean the patch is finished. Just that it is in a state that is fit to release from a technical PoV.

two weeks till 7.1.5 goes live...no time left for bigger changes

do you think this is what we will get on release ?

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    They never say release candidate. They always say release. Where did you even get that from?
    My bad, never paid attention to that.

Release candidate is the universally accepted term in software development (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Softwa...ease_candidate). Release is used by just about every company (except Blizzard, apparently) for a product that is, well, released to the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by limis View Post
    two weeks till 7.1.5 goes live...no time left for bigger changes

do you think this is what we will get on release ?
    No, we think they won't release the patch in the middle of their vacation.

My bad, never paid attention to that.

Release candidate is the universally accepted term in software development (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Softwa...ease_candidate). Release is used by just about every company (except Blizzard, apparently) for a product that is, well, released to the general public.
    Or, you know, might just be a shorthand for release candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Or, you know, might just be a shorthand for release candidate.
    Kinda off-topic, but in open source developement, the usual shorthand is "rc" (rc1, rc2, ...).
    As for closed-source, we usually don't know

The thing I think people is missing is this 5% makes up for ED.. if you didn't have ED its a straight 5% dps gain..

We don't get hurt as much by the secondary stat change as some classes.. And druids scale well with gear Like finally getting a Really nice haste trinket in Nighthold..

and 3rd our Set bonus's are really strong.

So in the end could we use another 2% buff before end probably... but I think we will atleast middle of the pack without it. and in a better position than we were in EN.

Kinda off-topic, but in open source developement, the usual shorthand is "rc" (rc1, rc2, ...).
    As for closed-source, we usually don't know
    Well, we can tell in this case, since it clearly isn't a release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohoots View Post
    The thing I think people is missing is this 5% makes up for ED.. if you didn't have ED its a straight 5% dps gain..
    Anybody who's paying attention knows that. It's the same for all other specs, too, the spec auras we've seen so far do nothing more than counterbalance previous nerfs due to mechanics changes.

That's why we're saying there hasn't been any class balancing done yet.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    You do realize Blizzard usually halts developing\changes during the holidays, right? So, don't expect much work on the ptr the next 3 weeks.
    Except the next 3 weeks is all they have for 7.1.5. It's slated to be dropped BEFORE NH, not AFTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohoots View Post
    There are much bigger issues than the numbers; they straight up said they'd be baking in talents to give us more compelling choices, yet everyone is still going SL > Displacer > Inc > NB. Nothing has changed there, and that's just pathetic.

Also that Echoing Stars "buff" makes me want to choke a baby.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Except the next 3 weeks is all they have for 7.1.5. It's slated to be dropped BEFORE NH, not AFTER.

There are much bigger issues than the numbers; they straight up said they'd be baking in talents to give us more compelling choices, yet everyone is still going SL > Displacer > Inc > NB. Nothing has changed there, and that's just pathetic.

No, they haven't said that. In fact, they actually said that in their opinion Balance is mechanically fine, and only needs number adjustments.

For that matter, has anybody actually kept track of the current numbers on PTR? After all, the entire point of the spec auras was to have a simple hotfixable spell to do on-the-fly adjustments on PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post

NB is gonna be surpassed on aoe fights by the new SD at 60%.. but yeah basically. NB refreshing all dots is better aoe alone than current SD. NB needs to be reworked i think. but w/e we live with what we got.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackie View Post
    I've been playing this game for 10 years, and this is the standard Blizz response regarding Balance. I could give you a laundry list of crap they've gladly nerfed in a hurry because some other class (Rogue, Mage) cried about it (boohoo starfall pulled me out of stealth, boohoo I died on his thorns, boohoo instant roots isn't fair even though I've got an instant snare, etc), but when we complain? "Working as intended" or "we're still tuning the spec." It's a blowoff response that's slightly more polite than "STFU, we don't care about your class/spec," and it's sad more people don't see it. Between Horde NEVER winning a BG, horrible drop rates, and the garbage that is Balance, I'm finally calling it quits. Just unsubbed. This game absolutely sucks. Peace.
    We won't miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    Yea no lol. the patch is a month away from release AND they just added in like 10 more class aura, it is not coming out soon
    With nighthold coming out on the 17th, patch 7.1.5 is likely to be released on the 3rd or the 10th. It's well under a month away and there really isn't much time left for many changes considering the upcoming break. Here's hoping for another build this week

Quote Originally Posted by joey6000 View Post
    With nighthold coming out on the 17th, patch 7.1.5 is likely to be released on the 3rd or the 10th. It's well under a month away and there really isn't much time left for many changes considering the upcoming break. Here's hoping for another build this week
    They've done beta tuning in this kind of time-frame. Since tuning seems to be only thing left to do, they have plenty of time.

Not much time left? Theres 3 weeks. Im willing to bet my cat they will release something before they leave for holidays

They have time until 24th since Heroic week is when they do the final tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    They have time until 24th since Heroic week is when they do the final tuning.
    I understand there's a good chance of tuning in that week, but are you saying you think 7.1.5 is going to be after normal/heroic NH release?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    Not much time left? Theres 3 weeks. Im willing to bet my cat they will release something before they leave for holidays
    Three weeks at most likely since the 10th is exactly 3 weeks away. Are you betting your cat that it will be released before they leave or that a new build will be put up on the ptr?

I understand there's a good chance of tuning in that week, but are you saying you think 7.1.5 is going to be after normal/heroic NH release?
    I'd say 7.1.5 hits 10th or 17th and we'll likely see more PTR tuning before that but the end tuning will happen during Heroic week.

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    I'd say 7.1.5 hits 10th or 17th and we'll likely see more PTR tuning before that but the end tuning will happen during Heroic week.
    My money is on a build this week and one in the first week of the new year, with release on the 10th. Followed by more tuning in the week before and the week after the release of NH normal and heroic

- - - Updated - - -

Three weeks at most likely since the 10th is exactly 3 weeks away. Are you betting your cat that it will be released before they leave or that a new build will be put up on the ptr?
    That there will be a new build