Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Can u link video to show ure friend bursting that?
    Yea my shammy is 867 and when Stormkeeper lines up with LR and PotM I get to 900k-1.3M depending on how big the pull is. Obviously that is the "blue moon" scenario but god damn it feels good when it happens.

Edit: To clarify, I am referring to 900k-1.3M aoe dps. I have never bursted 4-6M dps on anything, as the original guy claims his friend can do.

Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    I have no idea who you are but was interested to find out why you are speaking to me like you know me despite being on these forums since 2010 with 90 posts and after reading some of your posts you seem like a very unhappy bitter person....(and nope sadly have no idea who you are!)

Anyway just because you read a few of my posts when I talk about Ele and YOU understand elemental is bad (hopefully) that doesn't mean others do. I'm talking about when I avoid sugarcoating anything and say the spec is bad people just can't accept it and they do anything to prove to me its not bad. I don't hate the spec its just people defend it so patiently when theres no reason to they should just admit the spec is bad....I'm not going to stop saying its bad and i don't need you to tell me what to do i'm a grown man.

Happy holidays though, i hope you manage to find some source of happiness this Christmas!
    The spec needs a little tuning here and there, it's far from bad. It is gear dependant but once you accept that you can do some good damage.
    Btw don't really know why you think it's your duty to make sure we all wake up to your reality. And ya being in these forums for over 6 years I've seen enough doom and gloom post to recognize when someone isn't providing useful feedback and is just angry. Feel free to hit me back with some more passive aggressive happy holiday comments.

I have seen 4 mil on some packs in heroic and lower m+. Most notably the first pull in NL with the big +small scorpions.

Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    I have no idea who you are but was interested to find out why you are speaking to me like you know me despite being on these forums since 2010 with 90 posts and after reading some of your posts you seem like a very unhappy bitter person....(and nope sadly have no idea who you are!)

Anyway just because you read a few of my posts when I talk about Ele and YOU understand elemental is bad (hopefully) that doesn't mean others do. I'm talking about when I avoid sugarcoating anything and say the spec is bad people just can't accept it and they do anything to prove to me its not bad. I don't hate the spec its just people defend it so patiently when theres no reason to they should just admit the spec is bad....I'm not going to stop saying its bad and i don't need you to tell me what to do i'm a grown man.

Happy holidays though, i hope you manage to find some source of happiness this Christmas!
    It's not bad. You think it's bad. If you step out of fantasy world for a bit, not a lot of classes can burst aoe 2 million as 876 geared on 6 pull packs, but elemental can do that consistently. That makes it a great class for higher M+ runs. I do more single target in my similar geared assassinatikn rogue, but in AOE I am miles behind.

Bad depends on the content you are targeting. There are no bad classes in legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol at your last comment though. "DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO, I AM A BIG BOY"

Quote Originally Posted by Noore57 View Post
    Hey guys,

I think about rolling a elemental shaman once 7.1.5 hits cause I need a ranged dps class and I can share my AK from my frost dk by then
    I didn't play a shaman in legion until now so I have obviously no clue what the 7.1.5 changes will do to the class.

Would love if some mythic+ experienced elemental shaman could share some insight.

Thanks
    N
    Hey there, I'm an 880+ ele sham, my group will probably push 15+ next week with sanguine volcanic fort. Ele shaman is superb in mythic+ and your tank will love having you there, lots of utility, just a great toolkit all around for mythic+. Obviously this doesn't translate into raids since they're a completely different beast (no pun intended) but if you're good enough you can hold your own against other people of comparable skill at the mid levels of raiding. As far as mythic+ goes your biggest hurdle is gonna be tyrannical, and that won't be a problem come 7.1.5 as our ST build will be quite good, it will require some talent switching based on the dungeon/mods but if you're any good you'll definitely be an invaluable asset to your group.

Elemental is also the most visually impressive spec I've played, when you get static overload from your artifact weapon you can proc an incredible amount of chain lightning overloads if you're hitting 5 targets which is an amazing spectacle. It's a very fun spec and the added complexity with 7.1.5 will make it even more enjoyable.

Just put Jon on ignore gets a lot better on the forums then.

Quote Originally Posted by Firminator View Post
    Yea my shammy is 867 and when Stormkeeper lines up with LR and PotM I get to 900k-1.3M depending on how big the pull is. Obviously that is the "blue moon" scenario but god damn it feels good when it happens.

Edit: To clarify, I am referring to 900k-1.3M aoe dps. I have never bursted 4-6M dps on anything, as the original guy claims his friend can do.
    I've gotten my ele decently geared now, 880 or so equipped (with no CL bracers and no Aran's Ruby) - doing MoS boost runs with guildies, pulling everything up to and with the first boss I've hit 5+m burst quite often. It's all about getting a LR proc early and getting Static Overload procs with a few crits in the mix. It'll only get better and bigger with gear, I'm loving it.

I've just done a NL +9 with 3 eles (865-881). What a joke. The healer was dpsing (with necrotic) except bosses. And the tank said: "From now on I'll do this with ele only". We pulled several groups and he ended up with <10 where he usually would have had to reset. 3 stuns, triple eq and insane ae when pulling several groups. Sure, tyrannical is a barrier, pre-patch. But the look of 3 bombing eles and the mobs hugging the floor, made my day

Elemental is incredibly fun to play.

How are you guys dpsing on 2 targets, is it just single target rotation? Cl, EQ seems weak for only 2.

Quote Originally Posted by tvp6987 View Post
    How are you guys dpsing on 2 targets, is it just single target rotation? Cl, EQ seems weak for only 2.
    I usually do Single target rotation but I keep Flame Shock on both targets and I replace Lightning Bolt with Chain Lightning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire989 View Post
    Just put Jon on ignore gets a lot better on the forums then.
    Already done days ago. one of the most toxic people on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Elios View Post
    Seriously if you are not even 110 why are you even posting...
    Elemental Shaman main since Vanilla, I may not be 110 on live (have played A LOT of PTR) but still probably know more than the enough to make a comment.

- - - Updated - - -

single target, keep flame shock on both and swap LB with CL. Do that I believe for anything up to 4 targets then start dropping EQ. unless you need the knockdown on 1-4 mobs...

Deleted
    Dont use EQ for 2 targets.

ST rotation but Lightning Bolt -> Chain Lighting with the exception of PotM proc, then LB with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Elemental Shaman main since Vanilla, I may not be 110 on live (have played A LOT of PTR) but still probably know more than the enough to make a comment.

- - - Updated - - -

single target, keep flame shock on both and swap LB with CL. Do that I believe for anything up to 4 targets then start dropping EQ. unless you need the knockdown on 1-4 mobs...
    Obviously not since you began your post with "Elemental is great."...

Playing a class for a few years does not give you the ability so say shit if you are not even playing the class at the moment..."I used to play Warlock in WoTL so i can say that Affliction is totally balanced in Legion for single target fights" ??? see how fucking retarded is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Zimakai View Post
    Elemental is incredibly fun to play.
    I am really interested in trying it but am a bit intimidated by the rotation and all the things that need to be kept track of... is it a difficult spec to learn?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by avoidconfusion View Post
    I am really interested in trying it but am a bit intimidated by the rotation and all the things that need to be kept track of... is it a difficult spec to learn?
    icefury build in 7.1.5 is quite complex, yeah but nothing people can't handle if they train.

Even the Ascendance build and the M+ build look complex with openers and long rotations....

Quote Originally Posted by Elios View Post
    Obviously not since you began your post with "Elemental is great."...

Playing a class for a few years does not give you the ability so say shit if you are not even playing the class at the moment..."I used to play Warlock in WoTL so i can say that Affliction is totally balanced in Legion for single target fights" ??? see how fucking retarded is that?
    Calm down Mongo. I've been playing Ele a lot on the PTR and play it mostly for M+, for Raiding Elemental is average... (in 7.1.5 it'll be middle/top tier with Icefury build) for Mythic+ elemental is arguably one of the best DPS.

If you honestly think Elemental isn't great in M+ then I seriously doubt your skill at playing an Ele Shaman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by avoidconfusion View Post
    Even the Ascendance build and the M+ build look complex with openers and long rotations....
    Asc build only "looks" complex. In actual use it's very easy.
    Last edited by mmoc3d7f422663; 2016-12-19 at 04:23 PM.