Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Talking Is Bolstering the most entertaining affix?

Who doesn't like creating new bosses? Whether it’s the green Blob that’s eaten too many mini-blue ones in Arcway or the snail with his sacrificial murlocs in EoA, we’ve had some good times with this one. Sure, a pro group can go the whole instance without letting this happen (has to happen by accident, imho, or it’s not the same), but what fun would that be?

Best week is Bolstering-Skittish-Fortified, btw. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

"I'll just pull these with Boss"-Famous last words xD
    Also, bolstering a Snail in EoA with all 3 Packs of blobs. On +11 fortified. Where are your gods now?
    "Mages are basically Warlocks for Girls." - Unknown

7+ Year Old Account
    It's all fun and games till someone sees a video of your 880 mains wiping to a snail and murlocs.

And that blob in Arcway! I swear it had 150 million health! We only beat it because releasing spawned you back at same spot.

Deleted
    I fucked up on a EoA Trashpull and created a 200 Mil HP Murloc-Leader-Dude. I had to kite him, because he hit like a truck.

Also - we had to fight him like 3 Minutes or so. Not my smartest moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post
    I fucked up on a EoA Trashpull and created a 200 Mil HP Murloc-Leader-Dude. I had to kite him, because he hit like a truck.

We once managed to bolster a dude to 374m HP I believe. And yes OP, watching a worm in Nelths lair grow up to be as big as the boss cos "hurr durr all my spellz aoe!" is funny in hindsight but at the time I'm generally pissed at peoples idiocy.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say that Bolstering is one of the few affixes that, I think, is in line with the intention of affixes. It doesn't completely fuck up the instance (e.g. Teeming/Necrotic) requiring much higher damage, special team setup (in terms of tank or stuns) while still needed to be played properly (spread the AoE appropriately and do not mispull).

In fact, I'd say it is the ONLY affix that I am actually satisfied with.

Deleted
    Volcanic is pretty fun too. Love to see ranged dps cry in agony after getting oneshot by a tripple volcano.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    It's all fun and games till someone sees a video of your 880 mains wiping to a snail and murlocs.

And that blob in Arcway! I swear it had 150 million health! We only beat it because releasing spawned you back at same spot.
    You're meant to all run out of the dungeon entrance after you kill the big purple blobs. They all despawn then. Way more time effective unless someones on a toaster, and even then it's faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    "hurr durr all my spellz aoe!"

Was this a boomkin? Sometimes it's so annoying that all my spells cleave lol. You know how annoyed I get when tanks put mobs next to neutral mobs? I can't sunfire because that cleaves, I can't full moon because that cleaves, I can't lunar strike because that cleaves, DON'T TANK NEXT TO NEUTRALS.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalon View Post
    You're meant to all run out of the dungeon entrance after you kill the big purple blobs. They all despawn then. Way more time effective unless someones on a toaster, and even then it's faster.
    I did not know this! We will have to try this. Thanks!

i want to know if you can bolster an undead cat in brh and then mind control him with a dk and one show the entire instance

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    "I'll just pull these with Boss"-Famous last words xD
    Also, bolstering a Snail in EoA with all 3 Packs of blobs. On +11 fortified. Where are your gods now?
    We actually did this on accident. It would have taken so long to kill him we just ignored him and continued. He eventually deaggroed
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    i want to know if you can bolster an undead cat in brh and then mind control him with a dk and one show the entire instance
    That would be EPIC!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    We actually did this on accident. It would have taken so long to kill him we just ignored him and continued. He eventually deaggroed
    Yeah, that's what we should have done. It's frustrating not being able to mount, but running beat wiping.

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    Sadly, a single stack of bolstering prevents mind controls, for exactly that reason.

We pulled eels in arcway and didn't notice banshee behind them, ended up with a 300 mil hp banshee
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    We pulled eels in arcway and didn't notice banshee behind them, ended up with a 300 mil hp banshee
    omg I guess you'd know if someone missed an interrupt! :O

Boolstering is SAVAGE

What's the radius for Bolstering again?

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    What's the radius for Bolstering again?
    forty yards but mobs have to be in combat to bolster.

Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post

You know those red blobs in dht? We made a whelp boss by accident on a 9 or 10. Fml lol