Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    This list is ass because Shadow's DPS is so absurd it almost counts as utility in it's own right, there's so many fights where you could benefit from having your priests push a certain health treshold with S2M, it's useful even now with all the gear people have.

I don't really care to argue about the position of mages/hunters because no one is ever going to agree on that but any list that doesn't have Shadow at the #1 spot is a shit list, I'm sorry.
    Do I seriously have to bold my comment again? It's really fucking obvious that Shadow's DPS is obscenely high, they are objectively the most overpowered DPS class at the moment, but with 7.1.5 right around the corner mages and hunters are still objectively safer raid choices. DPS rankings take weeks to stabilize, Unholy/Outlaw/Fire started off as DPS kings but quickly plummeted a few weeks in and the same could happen to Shadow.

Ice Block/Deterrence, Blink/Disengage, more instants etc. Shadow has shit mobility, Dispersion isn't as good as IB/Deterrence, and VE is barely a raid CD unless you have the legendary. But being able to trivialise mechanics like Helya tentacles or Cenarius Brambles with IB/Deterrence makes progression way way way easier.

Mass dispel?
    You also need so much of that stuff... there is a reason Method had way more Shadows with them on their world first Helya than they had Mages

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekry611 View Post
    In EN and ToV only, Mythic+ can be a bit of a powder keg depending on the dungeon and the affixes.

1) Fire Mage - Can essentially do it all - great movement, great utility, satisfying to play and most importantly, chart-topping DPS.

This is purely an opinions thread; I'm actually seeking to get educated by better players, but RDPS is my slot in my guild and I really want an up-to-date ranking of where all the ranged specs rank right now.
    If you are seeking to get educated, don't look for opinions. But look at facts from real data. Look at warcraftlogs and you will see relative state of all classes/specs and not believe in urban legends like "fire mages can essentially do it all".
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Deleted
    1. Shadow
    2. Demonology
    3. Destruction
    4. Fire
    5. Marksman
    6. Elemental
    7. Balance
    8. Frost
    9. Arcane
    10. Affliction
    11. Beastmaster

Did I forget something?

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    Now its start to get tricky because LEGION is basically world of meleecraft atm. Melees are way too strong overall and some caster speccs are definitively undertuned.
    Ha ha, ha ha, ha ha...

Quote Originally Posted by Fynzie View Post
    Ha ha, ha ha, ha ha...
    That guy speaks the truth, we are in meleegion
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Interesting how all the people criticising the high ranking of fire mages are mages themselves judging from the post areas. Mages self-perception is as usual very out of line with how the rest of the community perceives them.

Fire mage is the most played ranged spec in the game at any level of raiding according to warcraftlogs and it's no coincidence relative to all round performance. They are the versatile spec, viable in all situations and only bested by a shadow spec which Blizzard has openly admitted to being broken for some time. But as per usual "only" performing upper mid on their weakest encounters is a sort of sky is falling tragedy among the mage community, while nerfs to bring one of their specs to a below average level for the first time since TBC is considered "unjust".
    Your last line contradicts almost all of the rest of your post. Since you're too dense to comprehend what we're saying, I'll help you. People are ranking mage higher than they are. We pointed out those rankings aren't correct. Was that slow enough?
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

i think people dont get the difference between usefulness and dps in here.

fire has some advantages in afew boss fights the myth is true.. but in my mythic guild i struggle to be in the top due to the fact that other classes are really strong.. like mages there are fights where shadow priests dont always top metters.. in m+ at 883 i rarely get beat on my mage but have been destroyed by most every dk ive been in a grp with.. something broken with them

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Interesting how all the people criticising the high ranking of fire mages are mages themselves judging from the post areas. Mages self-perception is as usual very out of line with how the rest of the community perceives them.

Fire mage is the most played ranged spec in the game at any level of raiding according to warcraftlogs and it's no coincidence relative to all round performance. They are the versatile spec, viable in all situations and only bested by a shadow spec which Blizzard has openly admitted to being broken for some time. But as per usual "only" performing upper mid on their weakest encounters is a sort of sky is falling tragedy among the mage community, while nerfs to bring one of their specs to a below average level for the first time since TBC is considered "unjust".
    That's kind of funny.
    Because I wasn't criticizing fire mages, nor am I a fire mage.
    Please go back and read carefully.

I would put fire mages at the top at the moment. They just bring so much utility and can easily cheese mechanics. On their very worst fight they are still middle of the pack.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am having a hard time saying affliction is the worst spec. It just seems alot of people really don't know how to play it. Though, I may be spoiled on this one... ours seems to be an unusual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    its funny how misinformed people really are when it comes to fire mages...
    its funny how people consider the class to be trash because it's not at the top anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    One of the biggest issues Warlocks and Elemental is the lack of mobility, single target damage and defensive immunity cooldown. If only looking at all range classes it doesn't seem to be that bad, but the bigger picture, including all melee speccs, paints a clear picture of how bad elemental and warlocks actually are.
    I cant speak for ele shamans, however us warlocks might not have immunity but we have a passively recharging 30% hp absorb and a 1 minute cd on a 40% DR. We can certainly take more damage overall than a squishy mage or hunter. As for movement the only fight where that has a serious negative effect on a good warlock who prepares for movement is elerthe and to a lesser extent cenarius when you have to kite brambles. Sure rng can screw you over if you get rot too many times on nyth or focused on ursoc but barring those rare moments the lack of movement is really just a skillgap to get over rather than a hindrance.

Totally agree with the lack or ST, but the only fight where that actually matters is guarm. Nyth and elerthe are jokes so those dont count lol. Every other fight has enough cleave to give destro competitive dps with the FOTM specs (besides shadow ofc)

S tier: Shadow

A tier:

B tier: Fire, MM, Warlocks

C tier: Balance

D tier: Elemental, Frost, Arcane, BM

Affliction should be very near the top off that list. If it weren't for how broken shadow priests are, we'd top many fights.

1. Shadow priest
    2. Mage and hunter
    3. Everything else except elemental shaman
    4. Elemental shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I would put fire mages at the top at the moment. They just bring so much utility and can easily cheese mechanics. On their very worst fight they are still middle of the pack.
    What's our worst fight according to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Just going off one of our worst fights, Odyn, and it can be a challenge to pull middle of the pack unless very well geared.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Deleted
    1 Priest
    2 Hunter
    3 Mage
    4 Balance
    5 Warlock
    6 Shaman

End of the story, no need to even mention why. (if you're talking ONLY about raiding obviously).