Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Might be they're actually fine with healing legendaries being in this boat. What we do would be classed by some as utility. I don't really care. Healers are balanced well enough this expansion for my tastes. Shoulders brought me up a few percent. Nothing crazy. Healed everything fine without them before they dropped.

3.2% of my healing the last boss we did. About as good as any great piece of loot with something special about it.

I'd actually imagine Drape of Shame is much more impactful than any legendary we have access to atm. Just much harder to see the impact of on a parse.

>implying healing ranks actually matter.
    If no one in the raid dies during an encounter, you've done the right thing, move on, who cares.
    Chain + trink will be best 2 legs in NH anyway, so these 2 legs you call "OP" won't be nerfed. We just have good synergy between our legs and talents, feelsgoodman.

- - - Updated - - -

Overall the spauders are actually garbage, If your tanks are dying to a lack of heals while they are beaconed you most likely aren't doing enough heals to the raid as it is. They are just meter padders, there are better legendaries soon to be available. The ring will still be quite good though, however with the 4pc Hpal set there may not be much time to be casting judge due to going for infinite IOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    They also just trashed the Opus bubble neck for holy pallies... changing it from crit/mast to crit/haste. I guess I should go to the restore item function and look for any good necks I've deleted since Opus will be going in my bags if that change goes live.
    it has crit/haste and mastery.
    My FC is 1177 - 6552 - 9842 PM with yours if you add.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilthresa View Post
    it has crit/haste and mastery.
    this is from the latest changes:

Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus - Now shields for 25% of your Health, down from 30%. -757 Mastery +134 Crit +1,247 haste
    ohh my bad i thiught they were completely removing mastery and replacing with haste... ow that i look into it further, i see that they removed half the mastery and gave twice as much haste. so using my stat weights it goes from a value of 1933.66 to 2353.65 so a 22% upgrade over its current form.... thats what i get for complaining

Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    this is from the latest changes:

ohh my bad i thiught they were completely removing mastery and replacing with haste... ow that i look into it further, i see that they removed half the mastery and gave twice as much haste. so using my stat weights it goes from a value of 1933.66 to 2353.65 so a 22% upgrade over its current form.... thats what i get for complaining
    On PTR atm it has 1247 of each 3 stats, not sure if intended or not though.
    My FC is 1177 - 6552 - 9842 PM with yours if you add.

Yea that must be a mistake or tooltip error; it would make it a 57% upgrade over live using stat weights of crit = .97, mast = .77, haste = .70. I cant imagine they mean to buff it that much together with the buffs to the utility effect (still better than live, although nerfed from last ptr build).

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    And we should speak up more about it on bnet forums. I don't even think the devs realize it; but Ilterendi and Obsidian Stone Spaulders (to some extent) are too strong and mandatory if you want to be competitive. There are very very few top parses of Hpaladins without one of these two legendaries and that has to be a problem right?

The ring is debatable, and very situational. The ONLY fight I find it to be 100% OP is on ursoc; simply because the buff lasts the entire duration of the JoL charges (they get eaten up instantly)

I don't have spaulders, but I assume they are OP on ursoc as well.

In my 11 man HC EN and N ToV last night, my shoulders did around 15% of my total healing running BoF
    www dot warcraftlogs dot com/reports/X3n2ZbLDjtAvhCQg/
    Last edited by Alexpwns314; 2016-12-16 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Added log

Quote Originally Posted by HPLathus View Post
    The ring is debatable, and very situational. The ONLY fight I find it to be 100% OP is on ursoc; simply because the buff lasts the entire duration of the JoL charges (they get eaten up instantly)

I don't have spaulders, but I assume they are OP on ursoc as well.
    Spaulders are OP pretty much every fight holy paladins are good at. The ring is much stronger than you think as well, the buff can have between %35-40 uptime.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spaulders are OP pretty much every fight holy paladins are good at. The ring is much stronger than you think as well, the buff can have between %35-40 uptime.
    You say this but part of the rings proc is spent on global cool down, in reality you normally get 3 casts off in this time. Where it really shines is if you are the only paladin with judgement or you have another cool down up that's healing passively already. I feel like having the bracers will be of greater benefit when they move the belt to the bracers and make it 30% of max health. Our normal tanks have over 4 million health I have 3 million, That's a 1.2 million heal on a short cool down on a tank or 900k on me.

Deleted
    Yeah sure lets nerf the shoulders so that they are worse than prydaz on average come 7.1.5. Sounds like you have a clue...

This thread is pathetic. Holy paladin top legendaries are actually a good benchmark for other classes/specs in terms of power gain (shoulders for example being 4-6% depending on the fight, if you want to argue with cenarius now please think first).

Sure the ring could be nerfed slightly but then again belt is coming anyway and with trinket and cloak there will actually be more legendaries that are a hps increase - the real problem of holy pala legendaries on live: the bottom ones are just dumpster tier, 4 not giving ANY kind of hps increase and then one that gives you one extra loh per fight - wow. Buff these and we're fine.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, don't underestimate the Lay on Hands gloves for M+. If you wear them and spec Unbreakable Spirit instead of Rule of Law (which is mediocre at best in a 5-man anyway) if brings the CD down to 2 minutes. Going from 2-3 LoHs in a M+ run to 10-12 is really nice.

Except on Overflowing week.

Until lots of people are saying mythic raids are too easy, i dont think any fix should involve nerfing any legendaries. Instead they should be buffing those that are not strong to make them truly "legendary".

If you look at samples of every healing class in the top 20 parses of each Mythic HoV encounter, you'll notice that only healers with BiS legendaries are up there. Even Holy Priests and MWs are showing up in the top 20, two classes which are perceived to be worse than HPals.

So on an even playing field, NO, you don't need these legendaries to competitively heal as an HPal. We still parse very well without BiS legendaries (I can say the same for myself - I have bracers/boots, and I regularly parse 90-95 on a few M EN and H ToV fights, so it's possible).

The only issue I have with legendaries is the Obsidian Spaulders. They are totally passive but can still account for up to 7% of your total healing. It's not particularly engaging in any way, and might only encourage you to use LotM a little bit more than usual (AoSac alone wouldn't be reliable enough IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    If you look at samples of every healing class in the top 20 parses of each Mythic HoV encounter, you'll notice that only healers with BiS legendaries are up there. Even Holy Priests and MWs are showing up in the top 20, two classes which are perceived to be worse than HPals.

So on an even playing field, NO, you don't need these legendaries to competitively heal as an HPal. We still parse very well without BiS legendaries (I can say the same for myself - I have bracers/boots, and I regularly parse 90-95 on a few M EN and H ToV fights, so it's possible).

The only issue I have with legendaries is the Obsidian Spaulders. They are totally passive but can still account for up to 7% of your total healing. It's not particularly engaging in any way, and might only encourage you to use LotM a little bit more than usual (AoSac alone wouldn't be reliable enough IMO).

Parsing high is not because of legendaries, it's because they are skilled.

Thus beginning the topic of how casual players "cant play" because they don't have BiS legendaries. It's an excuse to not do well with your class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    A but Ilterendi and Obsidian Stone Spaulders (to some extent) are too strong and mandatory
    Oh lol. Really? I'm super casual and just dabbling in Holy. 3 WQs after I hit 110, I get Ilterendi.

I wish I could give it to people who actually really want it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The real trick to parsing good is bringing less healers or bad healers. On H Guarm I got my best parse ever on him a 99% for my bracket and 96% overall. I do have the legendary shoulders and they only made up around 3.33% of my healing done that fight. I pulled 500k HPS on a 5 minute fight. The reason I was able to pull so high was a healer died at around 50% health and we 2 healed an 18 man raid for the rest of the fight. If the third healer lived I would of parsed a lot lower and the legendary barely helped.

What really helps on parses is good trinkets. On longer fights where I know I can burn through mana, I wear two mana trinkets. I gained over 1 million mana on that fight and went oom at 15 seconds left. Amalgam's Seventh Spine(BRH) and Fluctuating Energy(KARA). Many people do not know the power of Fluctuating Energy, it can proc off of judgement heals/aura heals and if you happen to do both at the same time you can see 3-4 orbs jump out at the same time and with chest piece of bad stats thats about 100k mana without 80k mana. Fluctuating Energy alone on that fight gave me 700k mana, the spine around 400k mana and another 99k from arcane torrent.

If you were wondering what my second legendary is, it's the boots. They are my most fun legendary since even haste buffs give you speed like lust.

Can someone please explain what makes the Obsidian Stone Spaulders so good? I assume you're supposed to go Aura of Sacrifice and heal yourself while your one or two beacons get 30% of the heals done by you. I guess the small judgment heals add up for tanking healing. Other than that, isn't it dangerous to go AoS?
    I just got them on my alt and want to make sure i'm not missing out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post
    Can someone please explain what makes the Obsidian Stone Spaulders so good? I assume you're supposed to go Aura of Sacrifice and heal yourself while your one or two beacons get 30% of the heals done by you. I guess the small judgment heals add up for tanking healing. Other than that, isn't it dangerous to go AoS?
    I just got them on my alt and want to make sure i'm not missing out.
    Don't let them influence your talent choice (sac), lotm usage (lowering opportunity cost but still abysmal) or self healing (less) - just enjoy some free passive healing (4-6% depending on the fight). And please stop this "aura of sacrifice is dangerous" meme.
    Last edited by mmocf9c4bcbfba; 2016-12-20 at 06:47 AM.