Page 47 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    Then why complain about it? You dont have much time to play anyways so why do you want BiS?
    Not having much time to play =/= Not caring about playing well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    Then why complain about it? You dont have much time to play anyways so why do you want BiS?
    Who says I am complaining. I just stated that I have that same legendary as well doing nothing, while others still have none. But w/e.

I am a subpar player, with subpar skill, but still it's nice to have BiS gear. As I have little time to play outside of raid time then I do think that having mastery/versa gear or versa/mastery with haste (and in next patch with crit) would benefit more then just grabbing an item with worse stats just cause it is ilvl boost.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2016-12-16 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Who says I am complaining. I just stated that I have that same legendary as well doing nothing, while others still have none. But w/e.

I am a subpar player, with subpar skill, but still it's nice to have BiS gear. As I have little time to play outside of raid time then I do think that having mastery/versa gear or versa/mastery with haste (and in next patch with crit) would benefit more then just grabbing an item with worse stats just cause it is ilvl boost.
    Clearly forgetting Stam is a stat

Like Soulwell said, Stam is quite important as well as Armor. Both naturally come from higher ilvl. Yes Vers / Mast gear is ideal, but ilvl is often times better, and quite frankly, easier to obtain. And since you mention you're a sub par player, keep in mind if you actually do want what you're calling BiS you should ignore raids and just do Mythic+. Eye of Azshara have like 5 Vers / Mast items that can be BiS if they roll high enough. So there ya go!

I do think that having mastery/versa gear or versa/mastery with haste (and in next patch with crit) would benefit more then just grabbing an item with worse stats just cause it is ilvl boost.
    You want gear with either versatility, mastery, crit or haste? Eh well yeah....

Also you're not some crazy min-maxing fire mage, you're a tank. Ilvl is king. Stamina is good. Losing like 400k hp does not make your 855 ring with versatility better than sephuz.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I meant roi was that mastery+versa > mastery or versatility for now in combination with haste and after that one haste gets replaced w/ crit as far as the conversation over things go.

I mean, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that sephuz, even ungemmed, is significantly better than your 855 ring. Having BiS stats isn't everything. Crit and haste survival contribution is not 0 at all.

Where does Dual Determination rank? I currently have Ekowraith (chest) and Elize's Everlasting Encasement (legs)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Where does Dual Determination rank? I currently have Ekowraith (chest) and Elize's Everlasting Encasement (legs)
    Continue using eko and elize

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a 855 ring that Pawn thinks is a 29% upgrade over both Sepuh's and an 870 Mindrend Band, but that's cause the 855 also has avoidance on it and Pawn's auto weights don't give any weight to stam at all (0.01). I'm not wearing the 855, but just goes to show how jewelry can be pretty funky at times. We can only assume that the patch will fix some of the excesses so we can just definitively say that situations like this its safe to wear the higher item level one.

Pawn "thinks" what you tell pawn to think, it can only be as "smart" as yourself.

Avoidance isn't that great for tanks, most of our damage taken is direct damage, and random aoe is usually scaled for non-tanks, meaning it's not that threatening to us in general anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roi View Post
    Pawn "thinks" what you tell pawn to think, it can only be as "smart" as yourself.

Avoidance isn't that great for tanks, most of our damage taken is direct damage, and random aoe is usually scaled for non-tanks, meaning it's not that threatening to us in general anyway.
    Mhmm, that's why I said autoweights, I haven't changed them from default for use on my Bear, cause it's fairly pointless for tank specs, imo. The problem here is that with the funky stat budget of jewelry at the moment it takes some effort to figure out when the right stats gets outdone by more but worse stats. Using a tool like Pawn is a fairly easy way to approach this problem, but as you said, it relies on knowing what weights to use to get correct results and using the default weights is no guarantee to give a good answer (as my example shows).

I think there's a lot of players out there that currently either just equip what is the highest ilevel item (and probably do it wrong) or go by the axiom that if it doesn;t have the correct stats it;s useless (which is likely equally often wrong). Blizzard just needs to get this stat revamp right so this issue is more simple to figure out and there are no "traps".

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Only if you really need the third charge of SI for a special case, I would replace the legs, but in general the legs and the chest are strong due to their big stats and armor (which the ring doesn't have) for that reason alone.
    Last edited by Daan; 2016-12-17 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Mhmm, that's why I said autoweights, I haven't changed them from default for use on my Bear, cause it's fairly pointless for tank specs, imo. The problem here is that with the funky stat budget of jewelry at the moment it takes some effort to figure out when the right stats gets outdone by more but worse stats. Using a tool like Pawn is a fairly easy way to approach this problem, but as you said, it relies on knowing what weights to use to get correct results and using the default weights is no guarantee to give a good answer (as my example shows).

I think there's a lot of players out there that currently either just equip what is the highest ilevel item (and probably do it wrong) or go by the axiom that if it doesn;t have the correct stats it;s useless (which is likely equally often wrong). Blizzard just needs to get this stat revamp right so this issue is more simple to figure out and there are no "traps".
    Autoweights of Pawn are totally rubish. I think there stands something about "WoWhead weights" or something but (at least as i installed it at the beginning of Legion) they are just plain wrong.

If you are using a tool like Pawn you should at least find some weights in a guide which are somewhat correct. Using it with default weights (if they havent updated them sometime i wasnt aware) is probably worse than not using it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Daan View Post
    Only if you really need the third charge of SI for a special case, I would replace the legs, but in general the legs and the chest are strong due to their big stats and armor (which the ring doesn't have) for that reason alone.
    I always thought the chest only affected the affinity you chose, why would more movespeed be better than reduced cd on skin/another si. Outside of mainstat obv

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwell View Post
    I always thought the chest only affected the affinity you chose, why would more movespeed be better than reduced cd on skin/another si. Outside of mainstat obv
    Thick hide gets buffed too, giving us a flat dr. Next patch it will give close to 5%.

Opened my cache last night to receive an 895 Phantasmal Echo. Blah!

Any chance that haste is looking more valuable in 7.1.5?

Quote Originally Posted by Exigent View Post
    Opened my cache last night to receive an 895 Phantasmal Echo. Blah!

Any chance that haste is looking more valuable in 7.1.5?
    Haste is good as it stands for dps. The trinket is also not that bad(I have it 895 also) I used it for solo tanking dragons on cenarius as an extra cd.

Thoughts on the new archaeology neck? Currently wearing 865 neck (1258 stam, 887 haste, 1054 mastery, +socket). How good would the 850 neck be with 3 versa gems? Both offensively and defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanede View Post
    Thoughts on the new archaeology neck? Currently wearing 865 neck (1258 stam, 887 haste, 1054 mastery, +socket). How good would the 850 neck be with 3 versa gems? Both offensively and defensively.
    The necklace isn't that great because contrary to other sockets on items in Legion, these ones aren't a "free bonus", they instead take away from the other stats of the necklace (ie. it has far less secondary stats then any comparable 850 neck). All it turns out to be is a 850 necklace where you can choose the stats that go on it, not actually better then a comparable 850 necklace which already has the stats you want.

Your 865 is probably better, especially since it has a free bonus socket.