Page 1 of 58
... LastLast
    Deleted

Truck drives into Berlin Christmas market. 9 dead 50 injured

A truck plowed into a crowd at a Christmas market in the German capital Berlin on Monday evening, killing one person and injuring several others, the police said.

Local media, citing police at the scene, said first indications pointed to an attack on the market, situated near the fashionable Kurfuerstendamm avenue and at the foot of the ruined Kaiser Wilhelm memorial church that was kept as a ruin after World War Two.

The incident evoked memories of an attack in France in July when Tunisian-born Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel drove a 19-tonne truck along the beach front, mowing down people who had gathered to watch the fireworks on Bastille Day, killing 86 people.

Police shot the driver dead in the Nice attack claimed by Islamic State.

Television pictures from Berlin showed the truck standing amid debris by small wooden stalls that make up the "Christkindlmarkt" of which there are several in Berlin at this time of year. Police cars and ambulances converged on the scene.
    https://www.periscope.tv/ltzgohawks/1rmGPrjqqYnxN
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ristmas-market
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ge...-idUSKBN148287

Update:
    12 dead. Perp is a 23 year old Pakistani refugee that applied for asylum last februari.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2016-12-20 at 08:47 AM.

Deleted
    Muslims again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I can't read the site because I have adblockers running, but I will say that they are terribly polite about trying to convince me to turn it off lol

Dear visitor,

we see that you are using a AdBlocker so you only see ads that are approved by your AdBlocker. This we feel shame because NU.nl is also free of charge thanks to our ads. Would you make an exception for NU.nl, or read more about how we handle advertising?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Why do you keep using Dutch sources when you can't even read Dutch?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Well I can't read the site because I have adblockers running, but I will say that they are terribly polite about trying to convince me to turn it off lol
    Its in Dutch anyway.

But its very short, its pretty much what the title says and that they don't know whether it was an accident or not.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    I get the same issue.
    Generally, when this is the case, I avoid the site altogether.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    Muslims again.
    This is islamiphobic, xenophobic, racist, bigoted and other words that have no real meaning.

Islam is peaceful. Jihad is an inner struggle and these poor people are only trying to share it with you. You'll just have to live with the terror attacks. It's the price we must all pay for our vibrant diversity and multiculturalism (and by all, I mean everyone but the politicians/super rich)

Of course, this is assuming it's a terror attack.

Police assumes its a terror attack right now. "Nice" again?

I wonder why there was no blockade to prevent truck attacks after the NICE attack.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-12-19 at 07:51 PM.

Deleted
    Obviously Russia hacked that truck.

Live footage atm. Also 2nd truck attack, they need to do something about trucks

Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post

Live footage atm. Also 2nd truck attack, they need to do something about trucks
    Just need a good guy in a truck to ram the bad guy truck before he can hurt people.

I guess the US travel warning for europe and especially christmas markets wasnt that wrong..

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how they are doing everything they absolutely can to hide the fact that this is another Muslim Terror Attack. Only a handful of REAL news sites are telling the truth and not trying to hide it or downplay it. Same with the Ambassador murder

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    I guess the US travel warning for europe and especially christmas markets wasnt that wrong..
    I'd still argue the US is more dangerous, only 1 person is confirmed death after this attack.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I love how they are doing everything they absolutely can to hide the fact that this is another Muslim Terror Attack. Only a handful of REAL news sites are telling the truth and not trying to hide it or downplay it. Same with the Ambassador murder
    Or any proper news site waits till it gets confirmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    I'd still argue the US is more dangerous, only 1 person is confirmed death after this attack.

- - - Updated - - -

Or any proper news site waits till it gets confirmed.
    Updated with other news sources. Take your pick.

Totally thought the title was the wind up for a joke.
    Like did you hear about the Irish guy who walked out of the bar?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    This happened like 15 minutes ago? News sites should wait a bit and report only what is practically certain. Otherwise we get more of those "Ambassador murdered, third world war starts right now" "news". We have enough of those.

Ahh ofc nothing to do with Islam.

Well that's what will happen when you open the flood gates to your country to people that hate western civilization.
    "I have friends, many friends. I have friends in China, India, Russia." "I will make deals, lots of deals. I'm good at making deals. Deals, deals, deals."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...dler/95582138/

Don't even try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it the religion of peace again?