Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Considering I just do WQ and the occasional LFR. Yeh I would take Will of Valeera over any of the dps ones.

What's funny is I have a hardcore raiding friend I play with a lot in the casual content. I'm getting all the BiS dps legendaries, and he's getting all the utility ones. It's frustrating for both of us.

I kinda wish in a way, the type of legendary you receive is based on the content you're doing. Will of Valeera is much more useful for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    If your survivability depends on an item, I have bad news for you bud.

I don't think you get the point. The thing that rightfully bums people out, is that they finally get a legendary that not only has a nigh useless proc for the content they do, but it isn't even a valuable stat upgrade! Yay, legendary, right?

It's kinda pathetic that I have to explain this so explicitly.
    I got news for ya bud, it's not a proc.

If your survivability depends on an item, I have bad news for you bud.

I don't think you get the point. The thing that rightfully bums people out, is that they finally get a legendary that not only has a nigh useless proc for the content they do, but it isn't even a valuable stat upgrade! Yay, legendary, right?

It's kinda pathetic that I have to explain this so explicitly.
    It's never nearly useless. It's quite valuable for raiding, for high level dungeons and for other content, just measured on a different meter.

Many high damage effects have their damage reduced dramatically by Feint and the extra health restore is a strong bonus that makes it worth pressing more often. Level 15 fortified Mariner in MOS casting lanturn? Feint every time. Odyn M about to cast shatter? Feint.

Even the current iteration of Prydaz and a few bits of Avoidance gear let me take 1.3x less damage than the rest of the raid on mythic Odyn; weak compared to what Feint can do with this legendary buffing it.

To unequip this for anything less than allowing another legendary to be equipped that was more suited for the situation would be silly
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2016-12-19 at 04:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    I got news for ya bud, it's not a proc.
    Right, nigh useless effect.

Doesn't change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    It's never nearly useless. It's quite valuable for raiding, for high level dungeons and for other content, just measured on a different meter.
    Maybe to you. I can't remember the last time I died during a mythic raid encounter.

Look, you can debate the usefulness of the leg's effect all day long. Fact is that my role is doing dps and I want an item that helps me do that. These pants, don't. Period.

If you need these to stay alive, by all means, use em' and grats to you for having them. I do not and am bummed out because I received a big ilvl upgrade, without it actually being an upgrade and my 'bad-luck-protection' has been reset on top of that.
    Last edited by mmoc47927e0cdb; 2016-12-19 at 04:07 PM.

Right, nigh useless effect.

Doesn't change anything.

Maybe to you. I can't remember the last time I died during a mythic raid encounter.

Look, you can debate the usefulness of the leg's effect all day long. Fact is that my role is doing dps and I want an item that helps me do that. These pants, don't. Period.

If you need these to stay alive, by all means, use em' and grats to you for having them. I do not and am bummed out because I received a big ilvl upgrade, without it actually being an upgrade and my 'bad-luck-protection' has been reset on top of that.
    Even if you want to oversimplify things, your role
    Is to a) stay alive and b) dps. in that order. If you fail to realize that, I have the feeling you are the type of dude who blaims the healers every time someone dies.

But to be honest, just link 3-5 of your mythic runs, so we can see you avoiding every single bit of damage. Or are you going to avoid that like you did the last time I asked?

Or else, but a sock in it, brah.

You have a bad memory and too many healers.

Deleted
    Even if you want to oversimplify things, your role
    Is to a) stay alive and b) dps. in that order. If you fail to realize that, I have the feeling you are the type of dude who blaims the healers every time someone dies.

But to be honest, just link 3-5 of your mythic runs, so we can see you avoiding every single bit of damage. Or are you going to avoid that like you did the last time I asked?

Or else, but a sock in it, brah.
    Mate, no matter how often you repeat it boosts our survivablity, it will not change the fact, that my suvivability without it is just fine. You need it and that's absolutely awesome for you. I, personally, do not and many other rogues that unlike you, have 0 problems staying alive don't either. Probably because they know how to 'move from fire' and because they already correctly use our vast toolkit.

Link what? Logs? Why, because some insignificant nobody doesn't believe I can manage to stay alive without the help of a legendary?

Hahahahahahaha.

Yeah, I'll 'but' a sock in it all right.

You have a bad memory and too many healers.
    Or you're just a bad player that has trouble avoiding stuff.
    Last edited by mmoc47927e0cdb; 2016-12-19 at 04:32 PM.

has trouble avoiding stuff.
    The rogues that i know don't have trouble avoiding stuff, they just use Feint to dramatically reduce the unavoidable AOE damage in our raids and dungeons. I gave a few examples of very hard hitting abilities that it applies to.

Mate, no matter how often you repeat it boosts our damage, it will not change the fact, that my damage without it is just fine
    not a good argument.

"Just Fine" isn't good enough. There is ALWAYS benefit to dramatic improvements of performance metrics, survivability included.

You're delusional if you seriously think that you never die in mythic raids or mythic+; that you never take enough damage to justify pausing damage for a moment to ensure your survivability or to be of relevence to healer count, strain or mana.
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2016-12-19 at 04:47 PM.

Deleted
    The rogues that i know don't have trouble avoiding stuff, they just use Feint to dramatically reduce the unavoidable AOE damage in our raids and dungeons. I gave a few examples of very hard hitting abilities that it applies to.

not a good argument.

"Just Fine" isn't good enough. There is ALWAYS benefit to dramatic improvements of performance metrics, survivability included.

You're delusional if you seriously think that you never die in mythic raids or mythic+; that you never take enough damage to justify pausing damage for a moment to ensure your survivability or to be of relevence to healer count, strain or mana.
    So I should've said great? It's great. There is no reason for me to die, unless it's from a fail. Heck, I don't even get damage from il'g mythic when we do a huge ichor kill.

I don't die. I barely get any damage. I have a healthstone for when things get hairy and crimson vial which might as well not be on my bars for how often it's used. I do not need an extra heal, nor do I need extra mitigation. Period.

I do however want more damage-output, because more damage output makes things die quicklier. More mitigation doesn't do anything when there's nothing to mitigate.

But hey, it's like talking to a wall anyway. You just use it mate, I'll go on without it like every other Helya M progressing rogue, btw.
    Last edited by mmoc47927e0cdb; 2016-12-19 at 05:33 PM.

Mate, no matter how often you repeat it boosts our survivablity, it will not change the fact, that my suvivability without it is just fine. You need it and that's absolutely awesome for you. I, personally, do not and many other rogues that unlike you, have 0 problems staying alive don't either. Probably because they know how to 'move from fire' and because they already correctly use our vast toolkit.

Link what? Logs? Why, because some insignificant nobody doesn't believe I can manage to stay alive without the help of a legendary?

Hahahahahahaha.

Yeah, I'll 'but' a sock in it all right.

Or you're just a bad player that has trouble avoiding stuff.
    Thanks for taking the time to prove to all of us that you are indeed just talking out of your ass.
    "IAM NOT GONNA PROVE ANYTHING TO ANYBODY ONLINE"....except when you spend like 15 posts trying to convince us all that you had your shit together.

Can't link logs? Fine. But we all know you can't put your money where your mouth is. So keep living in fantasty land, kiddo

Deleted
    Thanks for taking the time to prove to all of us that you are indeed just talking out of your ass.
    "IAM NOT GONNA PROVE ANYTHING TO ANYBODY ONLINE"....except when you spend like 15 posts trying to convince us all that you had your shit together.

Can't link logs? Fine. But we all know you can't put your money where your mouth is. So keep living in fantasty land, kiddo
    I'm having a conversation, on a forum, I'm not proving a thesis. If me not having logs, is enough for you to think I'm 'talking out of my ass', you must enjoy the sound of farts.

It's rather pathetic that something as small as this, not to mention from someone you don't even personally know, can get you this riled up.

Take a break from the forum, make a chamomile tea and relax.

Meanwhile, keep dying from fires mate. (damn it, I should've said 'kiddo' to be as cool as you!)
    Last edited by mmoc47927e0cdb; 2016-12-19 at 05:57 PM.

It's rather pathetic that something as small as this, not to mention from someone you don't even personally know, can get you this riled up.
    You seem to be the most upset out of anybody in the whole thread. You resorted to insults quite early, etc.

I'm having a conversation, on a forum, I'm not proving a thesis. If me not having logs, is enough for you to think I'm 'talking out of my ass', you must enjoy the sound of farts.

Take a break from the forum, make a chamomile tea and relax.

Meanwhile, keep dying from fires mate. (damn it, I should've said 'kiddo' to be as cool as you!)
    All I noticed was the complete lag of logs. Living the teen dream I see. Hustle hard, brah!

Deleted
    You seem to be the most upset out of anybody in the whole thread. You resorted to insults quite early, etc.
    Absolutely. My replies are teeming with insults.

All I noticed was the complete lag of logs. Living the teen dream I see. Hustle hard, brah!
    No idea what the bolded means, but me not finding an item in a video game useful, bothers you way too much.

Let us appreciate the fact that we do not agree and drop what has been a fun conversation. Proceeding in this fashion, has no purpose whatsoever.

Absolutely. My replies are teeming with insults.

No idea what the bolded means, but me not finding an item in a video game useful, bothers you way too much.

Let us appreciate the fact that we do not agree and drop what has been a fun conversation. Proceeding in this fashion, has no purpose whatsoever.
    And just like that, you matured to adulthood. 100 bucks you want the last word though.

Ready, set, go!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Considering I just do WQ and the occasional LFR. Yeh I would take Will of Valeera over any of the dps ones.

What's funny is I have a hardcore raiding friend I play with a lot in the casual content. I'm getting all the BiS dps legendaries, and he's getting all the utility ones. It's frustrating for both of us.

I kinda wish in a way, the type of legendary you receive is based on the content you're doing. Will of Valeera is much more useful for me.
    Ironic, isn't it? You're not alone in this; our raiding mages were so salty when my alt got the Marquee Bindings from an emissary chest that they almost considered rerolling ^^

Rng is what it is, but eventually, we'll have them all and it will matter less.

Deleted
    Aside from him being rude, which sort of "facts" did you bomb the guy who killed mythic Xavius with, and what made you believe you knew better than him?

- - - Updated - - -

I had an "argument" with him, which he started in the first place. I claimed that WoV legendary pants ain't the best DPS wise if you compare it to the other outlaw legendaries. Now.. we could discuss this the same way i did with this guy previously, but use your common sense here, do you think WoV are the "best" you can get for outlaw?

It doesn't matter if he/you/me or someone else has killed xavius or future bosses in mythic mode, it doesnt change the simulation numbers that some legendaries are worse than others.

Which in this case WoV is the "worst" for outlaw dps.

I got these legs and they are bang average.

Worse defensive than prydas and its main stat is haste.

World pvp quests and solo content doesnt count for much as any serious end game is multiplayer

Deleted
    Why somone put haste on rogue gear is.... mindbogging. This have had good stats atleast if master/crit/vers, but haste just make the worst dps pants even more horrible

No it's really you who are clueless. I would just get out of the thread now if I were you, to avoid further embarrassment.

- - - Updated - - -

You talk so much trash. Like some damn logs of you avoiding 100% of all damage or shut the fuck up really.
    Point isn't avoiding 100% of all damage, point is you don't need leg pants to stay alive until wipe/kill. I've only died (before wipe was called or before we killed) less than 10 times in all the kills/attempts i've logged.

If you think leg pants effect is "useful", you're just bad at the game or have shit healers(and i've had incredibly shit healers in my raid group and still managed to stay alive until a wipe was called). The only time i'd say the feint heal would be useful is in pvp or soloing shit that otherwise would be impossible to solo. But in a raid, it is not useful.