Poll: Best Expac for SV

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Best expac for Survival

I used to play a SV hunter back in Firelands - and it was the most fun I have had as a SV hunter. I don't really like the current model and can't reconcile myself to be a melee hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

IIRC cata had the lock n load playstyle for Survival with extra charges of Explosive shot and black sting or something like that? That was a while ago now, but I loved that playstyle, zipping around tossing out instant cast shots and dealing tons of damage.

Burning Crusade: I loved being the Expose Weakness hunter

When I had the 4 set in siege of orgrimar, survival felt pretty damn cool. Wish we had that play style back somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by last1214 View Post
    When I had the 4 set in siege of orgrimar, survival felt pretty damn cool. Wish we had that play style back somehow.
    Yeah, one of the reasons I voted MoP, getting off those sweet streaks of ES.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted MOP on accident (little circle on a phone screen) but I'd say Cata was the most fun for survival
    In fact, Cata was the most fun time I ever had playing WOW and that was because of enjoyable an experience playing a survival Hunter was back then. I also enjoyed it in Wrath (pre focus era) just not quite as much. It's absolutely terrible now.
    Goochy

In vanilla with asscandy

Definitely MoP where you got those insane ES spam streaks. I think the highest I got was 20

anytime between wrath-wod

Cata for me, They introduced 10 man raiding Survival scaled really well at start of expac made progression alot easier. On another note man I miss distracting and Tranq shot sigh

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I picked MoP, but I could have said BC, Wrath, or MoP.

Classic: Did not play.
    BC: Double trapping ftw. I once cc'd 3 mobs simultaneously in H-Slabs. I crit my pants. Being the Expose Weakness bitch wasn't fun, but, as my RL said, "Raids go better when you're here."
    Wrath: Besting armor pen-stacking MM acolytes was delicious. That, and hitting the crit cap: I have a screen shot in ICC of me (yay Deathbringer's Will!) at 105% crit. Only lasted a few seconds, but glory is forever.
    Cata: Meh. Nothing memorable.
    MoP: SV had a fun skill cap. Felt good throughout the entire expansion.
    WoD: We had BRF, where SV dominated. Highmaul and HFC were horrific.
    Legion: LOL F U melee.

MoP's best spec though for raiding was Beast Mastery
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    BC through WoD. Legion killed the entire Hunter class.

Sad face.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am really surprised to see such a high vote count for Legion SV. For the people who voted for Legion as SV as most favorite, what aspects of current SV do you find most appealing. I am not being sarcastic here. Just want some honest feedback from people who actually play and like the spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    I am really surprised to see such a high vote count for Legion SV. For the people who voted for Legion as SV as most favorite, what aspects of current SV do you find most appealing. I am not being sarcastic here. Just want some honest feedback from people who actually play and like the spec.
    I'm surprised that Wrath SV isn't getting no love.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Several posts have been created and filled. I dont think peeps that are playing and enjoying current SV are willing to discuss more with epicfail or the Bear picture guy tbh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by racenutz View Post
    Burning Crusade: I loved being the Expose Weakness hunter
    So much this. I was BM till i had the haste for surv, fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    MoP's best spec though for raiding was Beast Mastery
    Not really. A lot of ToT survival was the best spec. Even in SoO survival put out more damage on a fair few fights. BM was definitely viable but not the better spec by any means.

As for my vote I went with Mop. Those tasty ES streaks were just too much fun. You'd get to 5 or 6 and then each one was more and more exciting as you watch yourself rise the meters. It just felt like a really good spec. Was my favourite since MM in wotlk.

Mop and Later cata I really enjoyed a lot but LK was when I first really loved the Spec and became my "Main" from then on. *before LK switched between them never really staying on one full time.

I only started maining a hunter in WoD, so I can't speak for earlier expansions, but until they ruined Survival with the multistrike "fix" it was a really fun spec to play. In fact all 3 hunter specs had elements I really enjoyed in WoD. In Legion survival is melee, so that's out, and out of the 2 that are left I can only really stomach playing Marksman, and only with Sidewinders, it's just too clunky without. Overall Legion is the better expansion, but the Hunter class felt a lot nicer in WoD imo.