Thread: Season 9

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Season 9

Just to balance out karma, let's try to stay positive about D3.

So, S8 is going to end the 30th and honestly didn't even bother to fnish the journey.

Anyway S9 is going to start the 6th of January - with new patch and some new items are you looking forward to something? personally i don't really know which class to pick for S9 as since Journey has been nerfed quite a bunch i don't see any issue in just doing it, since it will take even less time than usual.

I'd like to try a Shadow set or LoN set with grenades, though it seems that UE is king with that again.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2016-12-20 at 08:11 AM. Reason: fixed date
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want to get as far in the Journey as possible... I'm struggling to Master Set dungeon and that's the only thing stopping me from Champion status. =/

That's my goal though for the end of Season 8 and I'll take it, since I came back only a couple weeks ago. ^_^

Season 9? Going to make a small clan of friends I'm trying to bring back, some IRL, some old internet/WoW friends, and obviously I should be able to get much past Champion with the proper time, this time around.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Anyway S9 is going to start the 9th of January
    6th
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20405165#interseason
    I will play monk with any build that isn't based on Uliana's.

I've had an itch to play D3 aswell. Haven't really played a lot since S5 (I did do some of the journey this season but I never really geared beyond the free set). Might level DH again, might play barb if the whirlwind set is any good now. Heck, whynotboth.jpg. Do we know what the free sets are yet btw?

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    I've had an itch to play D3 aswell. Haven't really played a lot since S5 (I did do some of the journey this season but I never really geared beyond the free set). Might level DH again, might play barb if the whirlwind set is any good now. Heck, whynotboth.jpg. Do we know what the free sets are yet btw?
    Here's the free sets for Season 9

Barbarian // Might of the Earth
    Crusader // Thorns of the Invoker
    Demon Hunter // The Shadow’s Mantle
    Monk // Monkey King’s Garb
    Witch Doctor // Raiment of the Jade Harvester
    Wizard // Firebird’s Finery

AFAIK It's only one free set per season, so might want to decide which you want the set on first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda torn... I'm playing a Thornsader right now and having LOTS of fun. Don't know if I want to trade him in and potentially just roll another one in Season 9, or just stick with him (I only rolled him about a week ago) and just skip season 9.

But then, I'm am kinda tempted by Shadow Mantle being the DH set... Any decent builds for that?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    6th
    Thanks, fixed OP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin Wolf View Post

AFAIK It's only one free set per season, so might want to decide which you want the set on first.
    Well, given how i wanted to try Firebird with a build i came out with i'll run with Wizard this time. Basically any decent set build can do everything for the Journey, and IIRC Firebird is still a good option even if not the best one.

This is my idea: http://www.d3planner.com/212179722

10+ Year Old Account
    Hammerdin is finally able to compete/near compete with the snooze fest that is LON bomb. So Crusader it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin Wolf View Post

Ah, thanks.

If Thorns is free I might actually go for Crusader. :d

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    But then, I'm am kinda tempted by Shadow Mantle being the DH set... Any decent builds for that?
    It's the weakest DH set afaik. You're pretty much shoehorned into impale which means you wanna jump from elite pack to elite pack because you don't clear white mobs well, which can bring a whole lot of negativity with it when you compare it to the other 3 sets. It's kinda fun to play though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    The Shadow set mechanics are pretty much clunky and don't work well at all. Impale does pretty good and big hits but the AoE is next to non existant - while FoK+dagger may help it's not enough to have a decent experience. Also while you have some choice in melee weapons to wield there's actually zero synergy with the quivers (until you run Chakram which is pretty much inferior) basically gutting you by a hefty bunch.
    They definitely need to let DH to dual wield one melee and one 1h xbow - that would open up lots of options and maybe Shadow set will become better.

To be honest, i was dwindling with a Shadow + Grenades build due to the new belt on PTR. It seems that the set to go is obviously UE, but i think i managed to snatch up some beefy damage with this setup http://ptr.d3planner.com/858524881
    Still wondering if i should ditch Gunes and swap the vengeance rune to put Frostburn on. But hell frozen ninjas are awesome to see on screen

Where did you get the "free" sets for Season 9 information? Anywhere official?

I'm reluctant to play seasons again until they change up the tier sets a little bit more. Season 8 was basically season 7.2 with nothing really changed. Did they change up enough sets to make season 9 worth playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattiecakes View Post
    Where did you get the "free" sets for Season 9 information? Anywhere official?
    Got it from Icy Veins, but it's posted numerous places. You can check the PTR to verify.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I'm reluctant to play seasons again until they change up the tier sets a little bit more. Season 8 was basically season 7.2 with nothing really changed. Did they change up enough sets to make season 9 worth playing?
    Some new builds may pop out with new legendary items. Season journey is definitely easier. I will do it for the reasons stated above.

7+ Year Old Account
    BTW outside of item/sets changes there is a new game client
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCkipng7b3E
    and the mob density in GRifts has been increased.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Shadow set mechanics are pretty much clunky and don't work well at all.
    yeah, that's what I was worried about... TBH, I might just stick to my current Thornsader, and just play Non-season until Necromancer is added.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Some new builds may pop out with new legendary items. Season journey is definitely easier. I will do it for the reasons stated above.
    I remember reading they adjusted the damage of some of the sets (like Delsere) is that true? I've not had a chance to look at the patch notes for the season if they have posted them all yet. If it is true that might help some of the other builds at least.

Kept trying to make myself finish the journey(or at least get the stash tab) for S8, just can't do it(after finishing the journey every previous season). Hopefully S9 doesn't have literally every single one of the terrible conquests. It's definitely looking like there'll be a few new builds that might be worth trying out, which seems good to me(kinda wanna try the Spirit Barrage WD build, although I haven't kept up much so that might already be nerfed)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I remember reading they adjusted the damage of some of the sets (like Delsere) is that true? I've not had a chance to look at the patch notes for the season if they have posted them all yet. If it is true that might help some of the other builds at least.
    Yeah, some of the weaker sets got buffed, including Delsere's.

http://www.diablofans.com/news/48850...es-2-4-3-42336

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Yeah, some of the weaker sets got buffed, including Delsere's.

http://www.diablofans.com/news/48850...es-2-4-3-42336
    Wonder if that is enough to help DMO, it sure does not feel like it. I really have hated S7-S9 seeming to be Archon and Archon alone builds. Be it standard archon or firebird archons. I knew Twisted Tornado builds needed to be broken but nothing really has come in to replace them besides Archon. It does not seem like S9 will do much about that either.