Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What happened to the flying megathread? I'm seeing two threads that are nearly identical updating constantly.

Unsub until flying is in the game or something. Or work on your pathfinder achievement if you haven't yet. It's super easy.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    It is a maze indeed. But ugly? I disagree. The aesthetic of the architecture is fantastic. A nice change from horrific orcish buildings.
    I like the aesthetic too its just such a nightmare to navigate. I really never want to go.back.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Personally I love flying and will get it ASAP, but I am find with it not being there at this time. We're still questing, we're still leveling, there's still shat to do.

I will admit I'm holding off large-scale alt leveling until I get it, but honestly, I'm not exactly crying. The mobility in this expansion is great. Quests and WQ are near the FP For the most part, and the Flight Master's Whistle helps a ton. It's never so bad getting out to the middle of no where - it's getting back. A 5 minute CD instant port to a FM is pretty sweet.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

I haven't missed flying at all in legion. Travel is quite fast anyways and the scenery is actually quite nice from a ground pov.

Flying would have made Suramar a bore-fest instead of the immersive experience it is today (or was at launch or when you were first exploring).

I'm glad they add flying at a later date... zones don't feel dangerous or alive if you just fly from A and B and ignore everything inbetween.

Going through a city, a fortress, climbing a tower, whatever, facing the dangers\mobs there, is part of the adventure. Summoning mount, flying to the top without crossing a single mob, getting the q item and leaving, getting it done in 10 secs = BAD.

So yes, i like the current 'method', and Suramar City was the pinnacle of story and questing for WoW, best area ever.

(Hint, there wouldn't have been Lord of The Rings if Frodo just rode an Eagle to Mount Doom to throw the ring in the first 5mins)

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    (Hint, there wouldn't have been Lord of The Rings if Frodo just rode an Eagle to Mount Doom to throw the ring in the first 5mins)
    And that would've been awesome. That way Tolkien could've written a better story with flying and shit.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Mykk View Post
    Whats the point of flying ? There is no content for flying or anything. They should just delete whole shitty skill
    Whats the point of riding ? There is no content for riding or anything. They should just delete whole shitty skill. Let's walk everywhere.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Whats the point of riding ? There is no content for riding or anything. They should just delete whole shitty skill. Let's walk everywhere.
    sure, lets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    And that would've been awesome. That way Tolkien could've written a better story with flying and shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    First off, you don't get to decide what feels epic for me, or for anyone else besides yourself. And even if you decide for yourself that flying doesn't feel epic, that does NOT give you the right to dictate that feeling to other people.

Second, as you yourself just said: The world is already filled with shortcuts. I don't see people advocating the removal of flight paths, or hearthstones, or summons. Should we get rid of ground mounts and force everyone to move at walking speed in order to sate your desire for a more "epic" game?

My ability to fly and choose how *I* want to play the game does not impact you. Rewards don't go away because I'm in the air and you're on the ground. Quests don't disappear because you walked somewhere while I teleported. Monsters respawn. Dungeons reset. Gold is limitless. If the only reason you can come up with to restrict flying for other people is that you want to "feel" more epic, then I not-so-humbly suggest that the problem is with you, NOT with flying.
    So how about we let Mythic gear drop from LFR? Or world quests. You can even get the Cutting Edge Achievement from pet battles. I mean that's how I want my rewards, you can still do mythic content and be just as happy right? The way I play the game shouldn't impact you in any way right?

So how about we let Mythic gear drop from LFR? Or world quests. You can even get the Cutting Edge Achievement from pet battles. I mean that's how I want my rewards, you can still do mythic content and be just as happy right? The way I play the game shouldn't impact you in any way right?
    Exactly. you wont get worse loot because we get to fly. You finally get it.
    Trying to define you getting better loot easier as "a way to play the game" is an totally utter failure in so many other levels tho.

I was fine with no flying in 7.0, but now were coming up to 7.1.5 its pointless to continue to hold flying back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalamander View Post
    Exactly. you wont get worse loot because we get to fly. You finally get it.
    Trying to define you getting better loot easier as "a way to play the game" is an totally utter failure in so many other levels tho.
    What's a failure is claiming that big things like allowing flying doesn't affect the people who don't like it just cause "they can choose to not fly".

What's a failure is claiming that big things like allowing flying doesn't affect the people who don't like it just cause "they can choose to not fly".
    So tell me, what exactly do you lose from other people get to fly? Or do you just dislike what others like from principle to make others unhappy? I respect all your interests fully and I love to fly I can ensure you. would be awesome to get mythic loot everywhere too, but I doubt it would feel very mythic if everyone has it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I lol'd.

Suramar is an ugly fucking city as well. It took me 45 fucking minutes to figure out how to get upstairs for that Warden boss earlier this week. That cock ass place deserved the shit that happened to it.
    ikr ... them stairs

About flying? Meh i honestly don't give a crap, i don't miss it one bit

- - - Updated - - -

So tell me, what exactly do you lose from other people get to fly? Or do you just dislike what others like from principle to make others unhappy? I respect all your interests fully and I love to fly I can ensure you. would be awesome to get mythic loot everywhere too, but I doubt it would feel very mythic if everyone has it.
    You think you want flying, but you don't man
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    It's the same reason why there are vanilla servers. People enjoy playing the game with less shortcuts. One can argue about where their line is drawn regarding too many shortcuts, I draw mine at flying. But just saying "if you don't like it don't use" doesn't work. We could go so far to say that Blizz can remove the need to do all content and just give the option to write /give <x> and you just have anything you want pop up in your bag, mounts, gear, anything.

For mounts for instance big part of the joy is having mounts that other people don't have, that are hard to get. But you're saying that we can just gift everything to everyone and people shouldn't be upset. If this system was available, do you really think people would be just as happy just playing the game while knowing this system was in place? After all you don't HAVE to use it.

It's the same reason why there are vanilla servers. People enjoy playing the game with less shortcuts. One can argue about where their line is drawn regarding too many shortcuts, I draw mine at flying. But just saying "if you don't like it don't use" doesn't work. We could go so far to say that Blizz can remove the need to do all content and just give the option to write /give <x> and you just have anything you want pop up in your bag, mounts, gear, anything.

For mounts for instance big part of the joy is having mounts that other people don't have, that are hard to get. But you're saying that we can just gift everything to everyone and people shouldn't be upset. If this system was available, do you really think people would be just as happy just playing the game while knowing this system was in place? After all you don't HAVE to use it.
    I know this will come as unexpected for you but I love vanilla and play on vanilla servers as well. You can't however claim that current WoW is anything like vanilla.
    I love to travel the world and explore.(that's one of the main reasons I love flying) I also hate shortcuts. -> flight whistle, teleports and shit.
    Flying has nothing to do with shortcuts or a way of travel. Flying is freedom. The current WoW world feels like a prison.

I also love to fly many of my rare, hard to get flying mounts that looks awful in the ground.

Deleted
    I know this will come as unexpected for you but I love vanilla and play on vanilla servers as well. You can't however claim that current WoW is anything like vanilla.
    I love to travel the world and explore.(that's one of the main reasons I love flying) I also hate shortcuts. -> flight whistle, teleports and shit.
    Flying has nothing to do with shortcuts or a way of travel. Flying is freedom. The current WoW world feels like a prison.

I also love to fly many of my rare, hard to get flying mounts that looks awful in the ground.
    And that's okay, you are allowed to want flying in the game, I don't dismiss your opinion. But my opinion of not wanting flying in the game is just as valid and shouldn't be dismissed either.

First I want to say: Suramar is very beautiful, the nature and the colours are both stunning, but:
    My hatred for Suramar burns with the radiance of a thousand suns.

Suramar City, yes, that's one thing. But ruins of Falanaar, anyone? Oh god. Or Underwater Survey. Or the WQ in Felsoul Hold where you should get ammo from those ugly things and shoot down the ugly bats but the droprate for ammo is like 5 % so you're better of finding a ledge and attack the bats that way. Withered Army Training?

I'm three chapters away from A Good Sumaritarian and Pathfinder I. But that's with my rogue. One chapter is locked behind rep. The other quest is bugged (need to kill some demon in Felsoul Hold, quest chain wit the belf demon hunter found in Felsoul Hold, the quest isn't in my quest log though I still need that last guy). Quests with the vrykul in Jandvik where you need to kill to gather some items with an annoyingly low drop rate.

I'm not tempted to do it all again with my warlock.

I'd rather be stuck on a ground mount for the whole expansion than to do Suramar again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    It changed because people complained. And there isn't a "lack of content"
    People want to be able to consume all the content immediately. They also want to ignore 90% of the content too. It's really really strange.
    Flight doesn't ignore content, it lets you get to the content at your own pace. If you think travelling on a ground mount between quests is content, then that's the equivalent of saying skipping unnecessary trash is ignoring content too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Deleted
    People fight over this since years. No one will change their opinion because of a post he or she read in a forum. The "Don't use it if you don't like it" argument is massively flawed though. It's like... imagine football suddenly allows guns and shooting other people. It's in the rules. If you don't like it... tough luck. Just don't use any guns. You don't need to.

At this point I have seen anything on the broken isles. I would enjoy flying now. But I would hate having it at launch.