Important stuff about thunderfury

Hey there fellow rogues.
    I just found out recently that if you have one color variant of the thunderfury (either by doing 200 world quests,1000 pvp kills or dungeons) you can use the thunderfury skin even if you don't have the original look unlocked,just make sure u remove transmog from your weapons.
    Don't flame me if this was working since start as i only discovered recently and i'm happy af.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhelyo View Post
    Hey there fellow rogues.
    I just found out recently that if you have one color variant of the thunderfury (either by doing 200 world quests,1000 pvp kills or dungeons) you can use the thunderfury skin even if you don't have the original look unlocked,just make sure u remove transmog from your weapons.
    Don't flame me if this was working since start as i only discovered recently and i'm happy af.
    But does that mean that you need to have two bindings first? I heard about Thunderfury bug but had no idea how to reproduce it. Only reason why I am interested in using this bug is more than 300 runs in NL and still no drop
    Pugs are like Master Card---- Priceless.

So, as I've said before, I still lack second binding- but if I have 200 WQs completed can I have a variance of thunderfury skin? ( via bug)

so this is how it works:
    the hidden apperance unlocks are universal for your character.
    this means that is you have killed 1000 players with the hidden apperance for sub or assassination you have also unlocked it for outlaw.
    however for hidden apperances you do not need the base unlock to unlock the other colors of the weapon. (maybe a bug maybe not don't know)

so hope this helped a bit.

ps. yes this also works for the 100 WQ's and 100 legion dungeons for those curious :P

Thank you. Now I understand sucky part is that I dont have any hidden appereance

Deleted
    I don't think it's a bug after all this time. Same thing happened on my monk. However I do believe that If you wanna keep the transmog for next expansions you gotta get the original one.

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Yes, it's unlocked, but you do not own it. You must get the base model to actually own the Thunderfury alt colors. It unlocked due to a bug, and it works for all skins.
    It has been there since release. Seeing how widely it is known - i really doubt is it a bug. Or blizz are just lazy

Just to ....confuse people more.

I have the Hidden skin for The Sub and the Sin Artifact weapons.
    The Electric blue color/Base ones that you get from either the Throne vault runs or the drop from the Sewer rares/Summons'

I unlocked the 200 WQ color variation on my Sin Artifact.
    That same color unlocked on my Sub AND Outlaw weapons as well.

I do not have the TF base skin (electric blue)yet on my Outlaw weapons(Haven't got either binding yet...boo), But I do have the Orange color variation.(and purple as well but ...that is explained a little below)

About 2 weeks ago I unlocked/It unlocked on it's own, the Purple variation as well...(the PVP skin...I RARELY pvp at all , not nearly enough to meet the requirement for the skin) but I have ZERO idea how or why I got it but I am happily switching between Orange and Purple on my weapons as my MOGs dictate.
    Last edited by enragedgorilla; 2016-12-20 at 10:08 PM. Reason: editing a number

Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    It has been there since release. Seeing how widely it is known - i really doubt is it a bug. Or blizz are just lazy
    It's not laziness so much as it's low on their priority. I can guarantee you it's not intended. If you want to be sure that you'll have Thunderfury in the future you're better off still trying to get the bindings, but yes as of now you can use the other color variations if you unlock them with other hidden appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    About 2 weeks ago I unlocked/It unlocked on it's own, the Purple variation as well...(the PVP skin...I RARELY pvp at all , not nearly enough to meet the requirement for the skin) but I have ZERO idea how or why I got it but I am happily switching between Orange and Purple on my weapons as my MOGs dictate.
    from my own experiences you get credit from people dying in your party/raid....
    so that;s probably the reason :P