10+ Year Old Account

mechanical keyboard

recommend some mechanical keyboard that keys are backlit, for gaming of course.

something like QPAD MK 80 blue switches, but this one is really expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Orio.../dp/B00N3OELPU

What I have. I like it a lot. Can customize pretty much everything. Although I paid $85 for mine a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, that one falls in the "really expensive" range for the OP.
    Yeah but quite frankly well worth it for the quality you get. I was skeptical at first of the keycaps but I actually really like them. But yeah really paying for looks tbh.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    You're going to have hard time finding a mechanical keyboard below 100USD. Even Razer's cheap plastic thing costs 120USD.

I'm on my second Corsair K70 (my first one is now at work, still running perfectly) and the build quality is extraordinaire, you can knock out an intruder and get back to gaming right away. Save some more money and go for quality, 130USD is nothing compared to European prices

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    You're going to have hard time finding a mechanical keyboard below 100USD. Even Razer's cheap plastic thing costs 120USD.

I'm on my second Corsair K70 (my first one is now at work, still running perfectly) and the build quality is extraordinaire, you can knock out an intruder and get back to gaming right away. Save some more money and go for quality, 130USD is nothing compared to European prices
    Sweden here payed 169usd fir mine

Royal Kludge makes a silenced topre clone and they have mechanical switch keyboards also.

https://www.amazon.com/Mechanical-Ga...2125399&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/AULA-Anti-gho.../dp/B01DPCJADC

Honestly, not a bad keyboard at all. Watch some reviews on youtube and read up on it. Solid keyboard for the money and an amazing place to start your mechanical keyboard hobby.

Good review -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e179KdtZ4o0
    :::: Intel 10900k w/ Corsair H100i
    :::: ASUS Maximus XII Formula
    :::: 64GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3600mhz DDR4
    :::: Samsung 512gb 960 PRO m.2 nvme ssd (OS), Samsung 1TB 950 EVO ssd
    :::: Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    :::: Pop!_OS

Just curious, why the blue switch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Just curious, why the blue switch?
    whats the difference between blue or red ?

10+ Year Old Account
    The blues are complete shit for everything. Reds are good for everything, yes even typing.
    care to elaborate ?

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    care to elaborate ?
    I wouldn't say one is better than the other, it's more of a personal preference. The blue switches are not only a bit louder than the red, but they have some extrs resistance at the end of the stroke, right before activation. The res switches are a little bit quieter and have even resistance for the entire stroke.

Again, a personal preference thing. He obviously prefers Red switches, as do many people. That doesn't make blue worse, just different.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has Blue switches (not real Cherry switches), led backlight and is cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/Tt-eSPORTS-Po...rts+poseidon+z

Deleted
    Does the Tt-esports keyboard have any problems with its software?
    I used to have headset by them, great audio, but would regularly just cut out & only way to get them working again was to swap the USB port. RMA'd it to OCUK, saw others had that problem too.

I was tempted for a Logitech G810 to go with my G600 mouse, but mouse is older version & doesn't work with newer software, so keyboard will miss some features

The blues are complete shit for everything. Reds are good for everything, yes even typing.

- - - Updated - - -

Really? From what I have read that keyboard has issues with little things like pressing two keys at once.
    Switch type is 100% personal preference. As for the two keys at once, I haven't heard anything about it. I mean its under $30 for the keyboard, you can't expect Poker 3 or Filco quality for 1/5 of the price. Not everyone needs that kind of quality either, OP wants something cheap.

Deleted
    So for a mechanicle keyboard noob, red switches are a decent choice?

I have never met a single person who prefers blues over every other switch. And everyone I have ever met would rather shoot the person with blues than have them anywhere near their ears when they're using it.

And as for wanting something cheap... if you can't use it to game then it's pointless to purchase it regardless of price. As this is a video game website and VG based forums... Yeah, it's a horrible suggestion.
    Its a horrible suggestion because you dont like it? C'mon. There are a LOT of people who prefer blue switches for everything. In fact, I would put money down that they are far and away the most popular switch on the market.

Oh, my Filco Majestouch 2 isn't a "gaming" keyboard, neither are my 2 Ducky boards, or my Poker 3, or my 2 CM Storm TKL with custom pbt keys, and hell... the Leopold FC660c that im looking at ordering this week isn't a gaming keyboard either. Guess im doing it wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

So for a mechanicle keyboard noob, red switches are a decent choice?
    Thats like saying "as someone who's never had pizza before, which toppings are best?"

Its literally 100% personal preference. Everyone likes different switches for different reasons. Nobody here can tell you which switch type you will like best (some people will obviously try...).
    Last edited by lloose; 2016-12-19 at 08:15 PM.

I have never met a single person who prefers blues over every other switch.
    And I have met several people who prefer them. Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.

Plenty of people prefer to have that tactile feedback to know when the key has actually been pressed, and that's where blue excels over red. If you don't like the clicky noise, which does not bother some people at all, then go for brown because they are the same thing as blue just without the click. It's not really about the click though, it's about the tactile feedback, which typists definitely prefer, and gamers really should. Rather than mashing a key, you know exactly when it fired because of the tactile feedback and the click. I know I prefer Blues myself and the clicking does not really bother my wife. I listen on voice chat, but don't really talk much anymore. I used to when I was a raid leader, but these days, I prefer to just play and not lead, if I play an MMO at all. When I did though, yeah, sure, I'd get a complaint here and there about the clicking, but most people did not care enough to complain and when one person would complain, others in the guild said they preferred the blue switches as well. All in all, I'd say I know more people who like Blues than Reds.

Subjectively having an uneven force requirement combined with the insane noise levels from the keyboard make blue switches some of the least desirable(unless you're a hermit who is in love with the clacking of keys... and are going deaf).
    No, that is objective. The uneven force requirement is something some people prefer, as explained above. So that's very objective. The noise also does not bother everyone. Some people actually even like the sound, so that too is completely objective. Actually, if you look at which type is most popular, Blue are among them, so subjectively speaking, lots of people like the Blues, meaning they like the things you dislike. That's ok though, different strokes for different folks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    If you don't know what kind of keys you want: https://www.amazon.com/WASD-6-Key-Ch...CD4/ref=sr_1_9
    I was about to ask how do i choosebmy first mech keyboard...

Thanks alot will have a look at this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    If you don't know what kind of keys you want: https://www.amazon.com/WASD-6-Key-Ch...CD4/ref=sr_1_9
    I was about to ask how do i choosebmy first mech keyboard...

Thanks alot will have a look at this.