10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly that's my main problem with the manga. It skips over a lot of things and downplays some characters harshly. Hit felt like a complete joke, the Magetta fight was nothing compared to the anime, and so far Black Zamasu feels like a complete non-threat from the moment Vegeta went Blue (even before Blue he was already dominating the fight). But as far as skipping and making things shorter goes, they do have their reasons for it.

I'm not going to pretend the anime version didn't have a bunch of inconsistencies and unexplained things, but it felt better than the manga does, for me. It's not like the Dragon Ball franchise has ever been a paragon of consistency, anyway, and I feel like the "scale" of the Trunks arc in the anime has felt a lot more "epic", for the lack of better words.

On an unrelated note, I am so hoping Whis trains the entire 10-man team for the tournament. Sure, no one except Gohan (and maybe Buu and Piccolo) will reach the heights of power Goku and Vegeta have, but it'd be great to have them become something more.

Also, I think people are underestimating the impact 17 and 18 can have. They're not the strongest, but they never get tired either, if my memory doesn't fail me. That's gotta be a valuable asset.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2016-12-20 at 11:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Also, I think people are underestimating the impact 17 and 18 can have. They're not the strongest, but they never get tired either, if my memory doesn't fail me. That's gotta be a valuable asset.
    Toriyama said that 17 and 18 can train and get stronger.

I guess they will go to Hyberbolic Time Chamber with the rest of them.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2016-12-20 at 02:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    Toriyama said that 17 adn 18 can train and get stronger.

I guess they will go to Hyberbolic Time Chamber with the rest of them.
    I mean, it makes sense that they can, they're still human. I didn't know Toriyama confirmed it, though.

What I mean is, don't they have infinite stamina or something because of their mechanical parts?
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

I'm honestly wondering why the Androids are in this next arc. For fanservice?

Contrary to popular belief, Android 18 is not really a fighter. She was a deliquent teen who got exploited by Dr Gero and turned into a Cyborg.

Nowdays she is quite happy of just being a wife and mother. She has loving husband and sweet daughter and doesn't have the drive to go fuck shit up like her Future Timeline counterpart who never found happiness and peace.

And 17 seems to be quite content with "ranging the shit out of that park".

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, they rank as some of the strongest people on Earth. They're stronger than all the other humans, are about equal to Piccolo (or inferior, since Piccolo is likely to have become stronger since he fought 17), and above Trunks and Goten as Super Saiyans. That's a hell of a headstart, even if they're not experienced martial artists like the rest of the cast. I am hoping some training happens for people who aren't Goku and Vegeta, patching up the big flaw these two have, which is lack of fighting experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I'm honestly wondering why the Androids are in this next arc. For fanservice?

Contrary to popular belief, Android 18 is not really a fighter. She was a deliquent teen who got exploited by Dr Gero and turned into a Cyborg.

Nowdays she is quite happy of just being a wife and mother. She has loving husband and sweet daughter and doesn't have the drive to go fuck shit up like her Future Timeline counterpart who never found happiness and peace.

And 17 seems to be quite content with "ranging the shit out of that park".
    to make side characters relevant lol.

weird but true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    What I mean is, don't they have infinite stamina or something because of their mechanical parts?
    yeah, they cannot get tired.

10+ Year Old Account
    I forgot they cannot be sensed. That's a huge asset in battle as well.

And the fanservice is definitely a reason. It's been all over Super. Not that I have any problems with that at all

10+ Year Old Account
    A bigger question mark to me is why is Roshi a part of the team? Even considering the fact he was suddenly capable of handling the minions of frieza, he still doesn't (or shouldn't) compare to Krillin or Tien, let alone being a credible opponent for any of the enemies of the other universes.

Maybe it came down to him vs Yamcha and they went with the more reliable option!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yamcha, Goten and/or Trunks (swapping out Tien), Gotenks (for 30 minutes).

Super hasn't been great for logic so it doesn't really matter, but head scratching will be taking place whilst enjoying the viewing regardless.

Fusion will be restricted and I wouldn't risk it if Omni King will be present.

besides, its grea to have Roshi here imo. he can also train and we know that the main thing in DB is Everyone can become incredibly strong if they train hard enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where's Pikkon

After watching his and Goku's fight again I can probably conclude that he's at least stronger than Goku as a super saiyan. Goku only barely won with a ring out after exploiting his attack. He was getting beaten pretty badly otherwise.
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2016-12-21 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Where's Pikkon

After watching his and Goku's fight again I can probably conclude that he's at least stronger than Goku as a super saiyan. Goku only barely won with a ring out after exploiting his attack. He was getting beaten pretty badly otherwise.
    I don't think he exists. he was created by Akira but he wasn't in the original manga so I don't think he will appear.

and he is weaker than post BoG SSJ Goku.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2016-12-21 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    I don't think he exists. he was created by Akira but he wasn't in the original manga so I don't think he will appear.

and he is weaker than post BoG SSJ Goku.
    But wouldn't he be stronger than Artificial Human 17?

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    But wouldn't he be stronger than Artificial Human 17?
    he should be but Pikkon should stay at non canon filler because he one shotted Super Perfect Cell.

it was stated by Akira that 18 is stronger than 17.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda wonder how strong the other universal contestants will be since roshi needs a fight

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Kinda wonder how strong the other universal contestants will be since roshi needs a fight
    I hope his opponent will be himself from a different universe. Same techniques, same everything. Only difference would be that the alt-Roshi wouldn't be a pervert.

Alas, it's not gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I am pretty sure the others hakaishin would bring people that is not necessary strong with their fist but have a lot of techniques or some combat style that use enemy energies/strength against them.

What i am curious is the others gods are all different animals or we are gonna see some kind of humanoid machine/specie like frieza

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Full breed human? Nope
    against Cell? most reliable! Against human extinction? MOST RELIABLE. Tein is bae, an still has better feats than Krillian
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    U6 easily has the best charcters introduce in SUper, aside from Beerus and BLack
    jajaja

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    I hope his opponent will be himself from a different universe. Same techniques, same everything. Only difference would be that the alt-Roshi wouldn't be a pervert.

Alas, it's not gonna happen.
    i would prefer if it was roshi, but a sock puppet

like this
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    I am pretty sure the others hakaishin would bring people that is not necessary strong with their fist but have a lot of techniques or some combat style that use enemy energies/strength against them.
    This. Champa brought Botamo for the tournament, who was, all things considered, pretty weak, but had that perk of receiving no damage from Super Saiyan Goku's attacks despite being much weaker. Magetta also had some pretty unique aspects he brought to his fight with Vegeta. It'd actually be pretty refreshing to see that kind of stuff again.