Page 29 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    How is that ironic? I chose Malta due to the fact that English is an official language here and their culture is primarily a mixture of British and Italian, so it would be easy for me to adapt to it.
    I lived in Malta. Both in Santa Venera and Sliema. Cool place.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    The irony is in that malta is an example of multiculturalism and the reason you chose it.
    Malta isn't an example of multiculturalism at all, you don't know what you are talking about. This place is a hybrid of other cultures, which is true of just about every culture.

Hybridisation is fine, that is how cultures evolve, the ghettoisation that multiculturalism encourages is a problem and is not something that exists here. There are no places solely populated by one group that doesn't interact with other groups, it is not big enough to do that even if people wanted it.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    To bad germany dont have death penalty, this coward will most certainly try brainwash more people in prison.

Could always send him to pakistan or wherever he came from im sure they gladly execute him there.
    You want to become more like the terrorists?

Quote Originally Posted by Tehpowa View Post
    Well some sources say that they based it on the fact that Pakistani said he didn't do it, hence "they've gotten the wrong guy".

Then they said that this dude has been found doing some sexual assaults this summer. All in all quite bad handling by the police.
    Uhhh, bad handling by the media, rather. What's the police to do? They got a suspect, they take him in and they question him. That's what they did. They didn't sentence him to prison or something. This is the problem of the police, they have to investigate all possible angles. They don't have the luxury to sit on a forum and wait for the news. They are the news.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I lived in Malta. Both in Santa Venera and Sliema. Cool place.
    I used to live in Sliema, on Tower Road near Mint.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    You want to become more like the terrorists?
    I also said put him in solitary confinement for life so he cant brainwash more people, a bit better isnt it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Is this confirmed? Guess that's a bonus for this attack then, manhunting some dude based on his appearance and him being afraid because he knows we're all out to get foreigners these days. We'll see how it turns out, this is why I hate social media and jumping to conclusions... we should wait and see what the official investigation brings to light.
    Not just social media but also regular media trying to win the race. It´s not just annoying it´s outright harmful.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Uhhh, bad handling by the media, rather. What's the police to do? They got a suspect, they take him in and they question him. That's what they did. They didn't sentence him to prison or something. This is the problem of the police, they have to investigate all possible angles. They don't have the luxury to sit on a forum and wait for the news. They are the news.
    Well obviously someone from the police had to inform the media.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Not just social media but also regular media trying to win the race. It´s not just annoying it´s outright harmful.
    Problem is, regular media can't win this race, ever. They should go back to proper news reporting and let social media lose its credit all on its own, instead of trying to emulate the shitty reporting tactics you see on Facebook.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    I agree with you. When I say "Islam needs to change from within", I mean from within Muslim society and all the various countries and peoples. I don't mean from within itself. Only something similar to the Enlightment will work. However, I'm not sure if this will ever happened. The Enlightment happened only because there were things to discover. Science pushed Christianity out of the Middle Ages, through middlemen the likes of Voltaire. Muslims (I'm not talking about Western ones here) don't have anything to discover, nor are they even trying to.
    It is possible. It took over a thousand years of constant and brutal strife for Europe to regain a lot of the cultural, technological and philosophical amenities that were lost with the fall of the West Roman Empire. It required a mighty city to fall in order to get the Renaissance age, as a precursor to the Age of the Enlightenment, started. This is one of the bigger tragedies: When the Mongols destroyed Baghdad they also destroyed the House of Wisdom and with it the heart of the Islamic Golden Age even though many other Islamic kingdoms had a similar affinity for science, philosophy and arts and they strove to duplicate the ancient Greek and Persian works as often as they could. Al-Andalus was another cultural and scientific centre during the Islamic Golden Age. Our number system today is Arabic, the German word "Ziffer" has its roots in the Arabic word sifr which means empty (or null). So it is possible to regain what was lost eventually by reapplying that pressure that once upon a time they put on us.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Tehpowa View Post
    Well obviously someone from the police had to inform the media.
    Well, yes, that's what the spokespeople usually do. But turning "He did not admit to the crime at this point in time." turning into "Incompetent police fucks up investigation and catches wrong dude" is all media.

Or, as the poster below you quoted: "Berlin market attack: driver still at large after "wrong man arrested""

The implication being that the police stopped investigating after the arrest of one dude. You can bet your ass that they haven't even set up proper investigation and crime scene units when that dude was arrested, it happened literally minutes after the crime. I know we live in the age of the internet where everyone expects instant gratification, but come on.. give those dudes time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Malta isn't an example of multiculturalism at all, you don't know what you are talking about. This place is a hybrid of other cultures, which is true of just about every culture.
    "Multiculturalism is the existence of multiple cultural traditions within a single country, usually considered in terms of the culture associated with an aboriginal ethnic group and foreigner ethnic groups."

Hybridisation is fine, that is how cultures evolve, the ghettoisation that multiculturalism encourages is a problem and is not something that exists here. There are no places solely populated by one group that doesn't interact with other groups, it is not big enough to do that even if people wanted it.
    How do you think hybridisation came about without multiculturalism coming first?

Ghettoisation isn´t encouraged by multiculturalism but by bad policies and neglect. You can have ghettos within the same culture.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Well Merkel comes out and says it would be bad if it turns out the refugee was the attacker, and then police releases the dude saying he didn't do it.

With the way media reports stuff this is surely that last thing that had to happen in this order.

15+ Year Old Account
    Problem is, regular media can't win this race, ever. They should go back to proper news reporting and let social media lose its credit all on its own, instead of trying to emulate the shitty reporting tactics you see on Facebook.
    I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    It is possible. It took over a thousand years of constant and brutal strife for Europe to regain a lot of the cultural, technological and philosophical amenities that were lost with the fall of the West Roman Empire. It required a mighty city to fall in order to get the Renaissance age, as a precursor to the Age of the Enlightenment, started. This is one of the bigger tragedies: When the Mongols destroyed Baghdad they also destroyed the House of Wisdom and with it the heart of the Islamic Golden Age even though many other Islamic kingdoms had a similar affinity for science, philosophy and arts and they strove to duplicate the ancient Greek and Persian works as often as they could. Al-Andalus was another cultural and scientific centre during the Islamic Golden Age. Our number system today is Arabic, the German word "Ziffer" has its roots in the Arabic word sifr which means empty (or null). So it is possible to regain what was lost eventually by reapplying that pressure that once upon a time they put on us.
    I faintly remember someone telling me that the Arabs were also the dudes inventing 0 as a number, thus opening up a whole new world for mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Just need a good guy in a truck to ram the bad guy truck before he can hurt people.
    I propose the National Truck Agency, or NTA, to lobby Congress for everyone to have a truck to use in case a bad guy has a truck. We also need trucks parked in classrooms just in case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    Muslims again.
    Inb4 "religion of peace" and "you are being a bigot" and the usual head burying bullshit the left likes to trot out....

Guess this means the return of the ''its just a truck bro'' meme. I'd be surprised if Germany remains unharmed during New year at this point...

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    I propose the National Truck Agency, or NTA, to lobby Congress for everyone to have a truck to use in case a bad guy has a truck. We also need trucks parked in classrooms just in case.
    Thank fuck we're not in America. :P

Ok so news now is saying the person in custody is not the driver. They said the company driver stopped responding at noon and they think the truck was hijacked. 7 hours it was missing. Why on earth the company didn't report the truck missing to police is irresponsible.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2016-12-20 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Guess this means the return of the ''its just a truck bro'' meme. I'd be surprised if Germany remains unharmed during New year at this point...
    It's different now. We've expected this to happen. We're expecting this to continue to happen. We've done this before. Before it was our parents enduring the RAF, now it's our generation's turn to stoically weather the storm until it passes. Which it will, nobody here doubts that. Germany won't lose its values over this. We'll have some rebalancing of political streams, perhaps the right-wing will find an acceptable position that they can sell to the population (less nazi, more conservative than the CDU). But when all of this is said and done? We'll still be Germans and bitch about England seceeding from the EU.