Thread: Shaman Purge

Shaman Purge

Can we make a list of spells that can be purged by shamans in a PVP environment. No true list exists on the Internet. I'm not talking about spells that are good to purge, I'm talking every possible purgeable spell out there.

I'll start with what I know for 100% sure:

Ice Barrier (+ 7.1.5 other mage spec barriers)

A big one I think is purgable is the combustion buff of fire mages.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlike View Post
    Can we make a list of spells that can be purged by shamans in a PVP environment. No true list exists on the Internet. I'm not talking about spells that are good to purge, I'm talking every possible purgeable spell out there.

I'll start with what I know for 100% sure:

Ice Barrier (+ 7.1.5 other mage spec barriers)
    but what for you need that? good nameplates addon and you can see clearly what you can dispell
    its pretty big list tbh
    all druid hots + thorns, clear-casts
    all priests absorbs + some buffs
    pala blessings of freedom and one of the bubbles
    Blood lust, time warp, ancient hysteria
    mage absorb+ some buffs
    legendary neck absorb shield

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    but what for you need that?
    I would say hes owning Sephuz's Secret which will, as you can see since i linked current PTR version, considerably reworked (buffed) and for Enhance with purge its just bonus uptime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurg View Post
    I would say hes owning Sephuz's Secret which will, as you can see since i linked current PTR version, considerably reworked (buffed) and for Enhance with purge its just bonus uptime.
    still i don't get why making list when you can have addon that flash in your face when you can purge something on target ;P
    z-perl unit frames have that capability for instance it makes dispelable buffs bigger on your target, plate buffs was been doing same thing on name plates although im not sure its still supported/working but i would look for something like that instead of memorizing every single buff that can be purged ;P

also legendaries don't work in pvp (beside world pvp) and bosses wery rarely have something that can be purged, interrupts are more often but its still like one boss per raid tier
    Last edited by kosajk; 2016-12-20 at 02:52 PM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

I thought this thread was going to be about purging all the shaman.

Another thing to add is DK's Wraith Walk.

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    but what for you need that?
    First of all, thank you a lot for your list. Secondly, I know when I can dispell and do have an addon for that. However, just seeing it on paper and knowing what some of them are, not in the heat of an Arena, for example, just ups my WoW knowledge. That's just one reason. Reading that I learned a few spells I didn't know were purgeable. Third: Purge isn't on a zero second cd. Knowing what not to dispel is key too. Again, thanks for that info!