Page 16 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Yeah the problem is world/daily quests are an outdated boring concept. Flying would just make it more bearable but the real problem is the concept of doing the same set of quests every day/week.

Fun fact : there were no daily quests in vanilla.
    People complained every single day that there was nothing to do at max level in classic.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Because the deva are butt hurt you don't want to traverse high mountain for an 840 item. Lul
    IKR. Spend more time getting to the quest than actually completing it; now here's your vendor item.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the problem is world/daily quests are an outdated boring concept. Flying would just make it more bearable but the real problem is the concept of doing the same set of quests every day/week.

Funner fact: rep grinding in Vanilla consisted entirely of grinding mobs and turning in tokens. World quests at least have little story snippets and some form of structured activity, and Emissary quests make it worth your while to change up which quests you do every day unless you've already got all your legendaries and a full kit of ToV gear.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    No, actually, it's not valid. Because you're opinion of not wanting flying in the game is an attempt to dictate how OTHER people play. Whereas if flying was in the game you'd still have the option to not use it.

This is another fundamental misunderstanding of people who are against flying. What you SHOULD be asking for is for ground mounts to be more useful, so you wouldn't feel like using a flying mount was such a hard thing to resist.
    So you'd be okay with every single player having the opion to purchase every mount and item in the game from a vendor in dalaran for 1 copper each? Cause you don't have to use that service you know.

Why don't you people play a different game?
    Quit WoW.

No, there was daily farming mobs for rep/gold/mats. Farming easy mobs so the repair bill did not wipe out the gold farm. Etc..

There are good and bad things about how things changed/evolved along the way. There are more things I do not miss than there are things I wish were back. Some feel the same, others feel different.

Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    No, there was daily farming mobs for rep/gold/mats. Farming easy mobs so the repair bill did not wipe out the gold farm. Etc..

There are good and bad things about how things changed/evolved along the way. There are more things I do not miss than there are things I wish were back. Some feel the same, others feel different.
    Did people not use tradeskills? You could make a shitton farming mithril/iron. More so for herbs/pots.

Anyway, it's super funny how everyone complains about a "lack of things to do" then want things that give you less things to do.
    That's the WoW playerbase for ya

Flying allows me to enjoy the game at my pace. If I want to be "grounded" and fight for every inch then I'll group up for a dungeon or raid. Otherwise let me "play" the game. If your biggest complaint about flying is that I could possibly skip content then it's a weak argument. How I play in no way affects you. Besides, currently people are just running through the mobs and dropping combat on the other side... what's the difference?
    Last edited by Lodreh; 2016-12-20 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Flying allows me to enjoy the game at my pace. If I want to be "grounded" and fight for every inch then I'll group up for a dungeon or raid. Otherwise let me "play" the game. If your biggest complaint about flying is that I could possibly skip content then it's a weak argument. How I play in no way affects you. Besides, currently people are just running through the mobs and dropping combat on the other side... what's the difference?
    The difference is that seeing you folk cry is hilarious. Flying tears have been the single best part of 2016

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    The difference is that seeing you folk cry is hilarious. Flying tears have been the single best part of 2016
    Just remember to hold on to that joy when the subs drop another 50% like in WoD. No, lack of flying will not be solely responsible, it will again be no content, but flying will be both part of the reason for the declines and the symbol of them - again, like in WoD.

Why do I talk about lack of flying and then immediately about sub losses? Because lack of flying has become a symbol of losses. They do little content, this produces sub losses *AND* makes people talk about lack of flying, because there is very little to do and so they turn to complain about flying and similar things. When there are tons of content, people don't complain about lack of flying. Look into threads on flying and you will see it right there - up until Blizzcon and some time after when the optimism was running high, people were discussing lack of flying in these tones: "yeah, I'd like to have it, but I am fine waiting a bit, let's give them time", etc. Now, months after Blizzcon, with not even a date for 7.1.5 and no material news for 7.2 at all, the optimism mostly deplenished, and the tone becomes: "well, you are late *again* so could you please turn on flying while you are getting your act in order? there's little to do, may I at least herb / mine / dig sites without having to waste lots of time on travel?".

So, yeah, these things go hand in hand. Complaints on flying do indeed mean losses of subs, they are a good indicator. So, hold on to that joy regarding tears of flying, that might be the only joy you will have left.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Just remember to hold on to that joy when the subs drop another 50% like in WoD. No, lack of flying will not be solely responsible, it will again be no content, but flying will be both part of the reason for the declines and the symbol of them - again, like in WoD.

Why do I talk about lack of flying and then immediately about sub losses? Because lack of flying has become a symbol of losses. They do little content, this produces sub losses *AND* makes people talk about lack of flying, because there is very little to do and so they turn to complain about flying and similar things. When there are tons of content, people don't complain about lack of flying. Look into threads on flying and you will see it right there - up until Blizzcon and some time after when the optimism was running high, people were discussing lack of flying in these tones: "yeah, I'd like to have it, but I am fine waiting a bit, let's give them time", etc. Now, months after Blizzcon, with not even a date for 7.1.5 and no material news for 7.2 at all, the optimism mostly deplenished, and the tone becomes: "well, you are late *again* so could you please turn on flying while you are getting your act in order? there's little to do, may I at least herb / mine / dig sites without having to waste lots of time on travel?".

So, yeah, these things go hand in hand. Complaints on flying do indeed mean losses of subs, they are a good indicator. So, hold on to that joy regarding tears of flying, that might be the only joy you will have left.
    LOL
    I thought the lack of dailies was the thing that brought sub loss in WoD

Keep yalls argument in one place please.

Also every wow expansion was better than it's predecessor, without fail.

Flying isn't "skipping unnecessary trash"
    It's ToC vs any other raid.

Anyway you plebs know what you want and won't accept any substitute. Enjoy the 6-8 month wait :^)
    So what? Just because you didn't like ToC doesn't mean trash in every other raid is content everyone wants to do. Different people have different tastes, but I guess your arrogance doesn't allow you to realize this.

I've not played since end of Cata, 6-8 months is literally nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    So what? Just because you didn't like ToC doesn't mean trash in every other raid is content everyone wants to do. Different people have different tastes, but I guess your arrogance doesn't allow you to realize this.

I've not played since end of Cata, 6-8 months is literally nothing.
    Then why are you here? Your irrelevant opinion means nothing.
    Also, most people didn't like ToC cus there was no trash. It's not my "personal opinion" it's "community feedback"
    The community said unanimously that ToC needed trash
    Flying vs no flying is split down the middle.

On the contrary, friend, your arrogance will be your undoing.

LOL
    I thought the lack of dailies was the thing that brought sub loss in WoD

Keep yalls argument in one place please.

Also every wow expansion was better than it's predecessor, without fail.
    Yes, it's lack of dailies and lack of other content, that's what I said. Lack of flying is just a small part. But complaints about lack of flying are a good indicator that there's no content.

Read what you quote maybe.

Yes, it's lack of dailies and lack of other content, that's what I said. Lack of flying is just a small part. But complaints about lack of flying are a good indicator that there's no content.

Read what you quote maybe.
    Lol

Are you implying that there is "a lack of content" because people are complaining about flying?

lmfao give me a break, dude

Flying vs no flying is split down the middle.
    No, flying vs no flying is split with 90%+ in favor of flying. See polls on flying vs no flying *before* Blizzard said they are going to start playing with disabling flying in WoD. The "no flying" camp didn't exist then and it doesn't exist now - people are voting no flying only because Blizzard want no flying, if Blizzard didn't bring it up, virtually nobody would have voted for no flying.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol

Are you implying that there is "a lack of content" because people are complaining about flying?

lmfao give me a break, dude
    LOL

Forgot to say, after you read, you have to try and think about the words you read. You know, try putting the meaning of each word together and see what the sentences mean.

ROFL, dude, totally giving you a break, please take it, LMFAO111

No, flying vs no flying is split with 90%+ in favor of flying. See polls on flying vs no flying *before* Blizzard said they are going to start playing with disabling flying in WoD. The "no flying" camp didn't exist then and it doesn't exist now - people are voting no flying only because Blizzard want no flying, if Blizzard didn't bring it up, virtually nobody would have voted for no flying.
    The split was nowhere near 90%, please stop thinking your headcanon is legit.

The split was nowhere near 90%, please stop thinking your headcanon is legit.
    Oh, god, you are right, some polls show only about 80% in favor of flying:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ounts-fix-game

Oh, my, that totally changes everything, 80% is not enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, god, only 73, my argument is ruined now.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...zeroth-Re-grow!

Oh, god, you are right, some polls show only about 80% in favor of flying:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ounts-fix-game

Oh, my, that totally changes everything, 80% is not enough.
    It's mmo-champ, what do you expect? That the biggest den of lowlife do nothing casuals would actually like to have to actually play the game, for once?
    And after they turned flying off, people didn't mind.
    So which poll should we go from?

But complaints about lack of flying are a good indicator that there's no content.
    is it?
    Or is it that people are just whiny as fuck and will always be whiny as fuck?

It's mmo-champ, what do you expect? That the biggest den of lowlife do nothing casuals would actually like to have to actually play the game, for once?
    And after they turned flying off, people didn't mind.
    So which poll should we go from?
    We can go from any poll prior to their decision to remove flying, they all demonstrate overwhelming support for flying.

When they turned flying off, people did mind, see the threads.