Page 77 of 107 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    What exactly was Hillary's platform? Bush 2.0?

yeah the Neo-cons

No thank you
    All this talk about "neocons". You people do realize the term originally described liberal minded people that leaned conservative.
    You all also act as if being a "neocon" is a bad thing. Drinking that liberal koolaid is a bad thing.

Neocons only advocate the promotion of democracy and the promotion of American interest. I sure as hell want my political leaders to be worrying about American interests.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Centipede.

The True Dank Memelord Cometh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Still hoping to see the Electoral College removed within my lifetime hopefully,
    Tyranny of the majority aside...
    First, and the biggest hurdle of all is you will NEVER get 2/3 of the states to ratify such an act.

Second, As long as we have a two party system, we will continue to have the Electoral College. An election in which a new party must jump through numerous hoops just to get on the ballot in all 50 states benefits the legacy party. A national election means one ballot, one registration, not 50.

they don't serve any purpose at this point anymore and cause more damage than good with their implementation.
    That depends on what YOUR view of their purpose was.

Still hoping to see the Electoral College removed within my lifetime hopefully, they don't serve any purpose at this point anymore and cause more damage than good with their implementation.

Seen too many who claim it is about preventing tyranny of the majority when the Senate already services that purpose with equal representation of states regardless of land mass or population size. And with 48 out of 50 states being Winner-Take-All in the electoral college, that is literal tyranny of the majority at the state level where if 51% of the state is in favor of something, the other 49% can get fucked back at the state level and the national level as they are completely ignored as anything but a popular vote statistic that doesn't matter.
    So in your mind, the ability for a constituency to have a small bit of power is all they need? They have no need to hold the most powerful office? You DO KNOW that the president can veto everything, right? Ergo, ZERO laws can make it past him, if he doesn't agree. If for example, a party called California First, Fuck Non-California were to hold the white house, how does the Senate pass bills that are not pro-California? Logistically, how does that work out, in your mind?

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Uh, wrong on, like, every account?

Experience: Obama had it, Trump does not. "Golly gee wiz, Barry, I didn't know the job was this hard, herp-a-derp!"
    Temperment: Obama had it, Trump does not. "Whaaa I'm going on Twitter and having a temper tantrum!"
    Wisdom: Obama had it, Trump does not. "<Trump opens his mouth>"
    Charisma (only applies for non-racist douchebags): Obama had it in spades, Trump does not. "I only get to grab them in the pussy cause I'm famous, and the only wives I can get are practically mail-order!"
    None of those are required to be president.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    All this talk about "neocons". You people do realize the term originally described liberal minded people that leaned conservative.
    You all also act as if being a "neocon" is a bad thing. Drinking that liberal koolaid is a bad thing.

Neocons only advocate the promotion of democracy and the promotion of American interest. I sure as hell want my political leaders to be worrying about American interests.
    Have we really forgotten about the Bush years already? Neoconservatism is a bad thing because it has been proven time and time again not to work. American influence and prestige around the world has always been primarily based on soft power. The more we lean on military force and aggressive diplomacy, the more of the precious high ground we cede and the more room we give our rivals to schmooze it up with potential allies and clients.

No.

Your ignorance (opinion), voluntary or not (I'm guessing "not" by the way)(opinion), does not dictate reality. Trump is, objectively, unqualified to be the President of the United States (opinion). He doesn't have the experience(opinion), the temperament(opinion), the wisdom(opinion), or even the charisma(opinion) for the job. He is a self-centered man-child(opinion) who throws temper tantrums (opinion)at the drop of a hat, puts the most unqualified people you can imagine in other positions of power(opinion), and thinks his entire life is a reality show(opinion) that he can use to line his pockets.

The man is an embarassment to humanity (opinion) as a whole and the United States (opinion) specifically. Anyone who voted for him, including electors and especially during the primaries, should feel the deepest level of shame possible(opinion) . Likewise for anyone else who supports that clown of a human being in any way, shape, or form, and their opinions on this subject alone are worth less than shit (opinion).

- - - Updated - - -

No, those are actually facts.

And there isn't a tear to be found, just pity for people like you who have no idea what they've done.
    Just because your opinion is strong, does not make it a fact. Words have meanings.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    So in your mind, the ability for a constituency to have a small bit of power is all they need? They have no need to hold the most powerful office? You DO KNOW that the president can veto everything, right? Ergo, ZERO laws can make it past him, if he doesn't agree. If for example, a party called California First, Fuck Non-California were to hold the white house, how does the Senate pass bills that are not pro-California? Logistically, how does that work out, in your mind?
    I understand that perfectly. I also understand that the electoral college is tyranny of the majority at a state level that completely ignores all those voters outside of that state and that the popular vote is several times more representative of the people of the nation by their very nature as well as more representative of the individual states as a whole as the winner take all states remove all nuance to them.

The electoral college does not add but a minor boost to the smallest states by capping the lower bound electoral votes at 3 while still being based on population. Overall it disenfranchises more voters due to its winner take all at the state level than a popular vote does.

A proper fix would be to remove it entirely but a band-aid with a similar effect would be to ban winner take all and make the electoral votes proportional to the popular vote of the state.

Winner take all says fuck the republicans of California and Fuck the democrats of North Carolina and fuck everything the majority of that state doesn't vote for.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I won. Single issue voter here. Wanted to make liberals cry. So I literally won this election. I simply voted for whoever was anti feminist. I dont like alot about trump but if I got to cast my voice in opposition of that one single force for evil, I am very happy with my vote and consider this a "win" for me. Even if the world burned down. I would feel as though I won as long as it didn't burn down as an unequal feminist shit hole.
    Trump is not avowedly anti-feminist, he's more of the wishy washy "I can't hate women because I love my wife!" type and would never openly support a mens' rights agenda. Besides, it's fairly obvious at this point that Ivanka is probably going to exercise more actual control in the administration than Trump himself, so, good job there bro.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    No.

Your ignorance, voluntary or not (I'm guessing "not" by the way), does not dictate reality. Trump is, objectively, unqualified to be the President of the United States. He doesn't have the experience, the temperament, the wisdom, or even the charisma for the job. He is a self-centered man-child who throws temper tantrums at the drop of a hat, puts the most unqualified people you can imagine in other positions of power, and thinks his entire life is a reality show that he can use to line his pockets.

The man is an embarassment to humanity as a whole and the United States specifically. Anyone who voted for him, including electors and especially during the primaries, should feel the deepest level of shame possible. Likewise for anyone else who supports that clown of a human being in any way, shape, or form, and their opinions on this subject alone are worth less than shit.
    Besides all of that being your own opinion,

How does it feel to know that "Embarrassment to Humanity," and his supporters absolutely crushed the Democrats and "Her Radiance!" this last election?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    That Trump is unqualified is amply demonstrated by the fact that seemingly no one will actually cop to being a supporter of his. For some reason all over the internet there are people claiming that they don't agree with anything Trump says but voted for him anyway cause, zomfg emails, Clinton foundation, Benghazi, lesser of two evils!
    Because when someone openly supports Trump, the left attacks them viciously, and unfairly. This is why you guys are so shell shocked; you shouted down anyone who had something to say about Trump, so they stopped admitting they support him in conversation and in polls, and calmly voted how they chose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post

The gift of Trump just keeps on giving!

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!
    Meanwhile he gave the greatest accidental endorsement of a president in US history.

Hilarious...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Says the guy who wants to get rid of and ignore California.
    Says the guy that doesn't see California as a morally superior utopia who should be lords over the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Was anyone really surprised by this? I mean I am pretty anti-Trump but he won the election. This is how it was going to go down. He is going to end up being President. Just got to deal with it. Odds are it won't matter all that much anyway. He has already proven to be bold with words, in particularly on the internet, but when it comes to actually acting out where he would actually have to pay the price for his actions he turtles up pretty quick. It is just the first time in modern history an internet troll has straight up been elected to higher office so we get to watch it unfold just like trolls always end up. Bold as fuck when hidden behind a screen and keyboard vag as fuck when it comes to getting a tooth knocked out when you kick in the door.
    I can't believe you people really think it is him actually posting this stuff on twitter.

Because when someone openly supports Trump, the left attacks them viciously, and unfairly. This is why you guys are so shell shocked; you shouted down anyone who had something to say about Trump, so they stopped admitting they support him in conversation and in polls, and calmly voted how they chose.
    That may be so, but what does that say about the strength of Trump voters' convictions, never mind the qualifications of the candidate himself? You guys were so blinded by your fixation with the PC/SJW agenda, that you voted in a candidate who, apart from everything else, just doesn't seem to give a shit about being president. Regardless of whether you agree with him or not, why would you want a leader who has no interest in the job and just wants to go around the country getting patted on the back?

I understand that perfectly. I also understand that the electoral college is tyranny of the majority at a state level that completely ignores all those voters outside of that state and that the popular vote is several times more representative of the people of the nation by their very nature as well as more representative of the individual states as a whole as the winner take all states remove all nuance to them.

The electoral college does not add but a minor boost to the smallest states by capping the lower bound electoral votes at 3 while still being based on population. Overall it disenfranchises more voters due to its winner take all at the state level than a popular vote does.

A proper fix would be to remove it entirely but a band-aid with a similar effect would be to ban winner take all and make the electoral votes proportional to the popular vote of the state.

Winner take all says fuck the republicans of California and Fuck the democrats of North Carolina and fuck everything the majority of that state doesn't vote for.
    Winner take all is a STATE law. Any state who TRULY believes in what you are saying, and not simply their own interests, is welcome to join Maine and Nebraska in proportional assignment of electors.

Meanwhile he gave the greatest accidental endorsement of a president in US history.

Hilarious...
    Actually that was only half the video, his supporters actually cut off the main point of the video and only included the wind-up.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Trump has openly mocked modern feminism on many media platforms. Go back and watch the apprentice .
    And people STILL believe reality TV is real and not scripted.
    People, one more time, reality TV is scripted. It is not real. They are told what to say and what to do in order to get ratings. How can this be so hard to understand?

Winner take all is a STATE law. Any state who TRULY believes in what you are saying, and not simply their own interests, is welcome to join Maine and Nebraska in proportional assignment of electors.
    Winner take all is, by it's very nature disenfranchisement of the minority vote of those states and why it was setup that way. It was to disenfranchise.

Whether you agree with it or not is beside the point, the electoral college serves no purpose at a national level anymore for the benefit of the nation and the very thing people mistakenly point to it claiming to fix (Tyranny of the majority) is the very thing it actually serves to enforce with its current implementation.

We are a nation of individual States each with their own powers. One of those powers is who they decide to vote for President.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    That may be so, but what does that say about the strength of Trump voters' convictions, never mind the qualifications of the candidate himself? You guys were so blinded by your fixation with the PC/SJW agenda, that you voted in a candidate who, apart from everything else, just doesn't seem to give a shit about being president. Regardless of whether you agree with him or not, why would you want a leader who has no interest in the job and just wants to go around the country getting patted on the back?
    You guys can re-word it a million different ways but, what you are really asking, is why don't we agree with you? Why not ask why we think his policies are beneficial? I'll tell you why you never did. It's because you never got far enough past your fear of an outsider in the Oval Office, to even consider that there might be a reason to support Trump that isn't racist, homophobic, islamaphobic, or any other deplorable reason. You never listened to his ideas, but instead used the Democratic lost debate parachute: bigotry. It's pretty interesting that those who accuse everyone around them of being intolerant to others, are in fact completely intolerant of any political view, on any subject, that differs even slightly from theirs.

The bad news is, your party now has the least amount of power since 1922, across the nation. In Washington, you will also have to defend the most amount of seats in history, in two years. You better get a message. And that message had better be something other than 63 million Americans are racist, if you want to keep any of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Winner take all is, by it's very nature disenfranchisement of the minority vote of those states and why it was setup that way. It was to disenfranchise.

Whether you agree with it or not is beside the point, the electoral college serves no purpose at a national level anymore for the benefit of the nation and the very thing people mistakenly point to it claiming to fix (Tyranny of the majority) is the very thing it actually serves to enforce with its current implementation.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    How does it feel to know that "Embarrassment to Humanity," and his supporters absolutely crushed the Democrats and "Her Radiance!" this last election?
    You really should look up the definition of "crushed" some time. You're only proving how much of an embarrassment you are.