Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Now common... face it guys, PVP is minigame within wow, one step ahead of pet battle for sure, but still a minigame.

I believe people thinking otherwise never played a pure dd in TBC and thats it. Actually healers were farmed in a matter of seconds in TBC. search for old vids maybe, if you don't believe how PvP once was.
    Uh, I did play TBC and PvP'ed a lot too. That was the golden age of WoW.

Here's my recollection of PvP vs a Resto Druid* in BG's.

There were two or three DPS on a single Tauren Druid including me, a Rogue. We were all in S2 gear. The Tauren Druid would move around jumping while outhealing all of our damage.

It would take 3 DPS, properly geared in full PvP gear and weapons, about 5 or 6 minutes to kill a single Resto Druid. They were absolutely unkillable.

You can look up my Rogue if you want. This is a real toon from 2007, not a toon from some private server. Haven't played him for years and years. I don't play retail anymore. The game is a travesty of its former self.
    Last edited by Sturmbringe; 2016-12-18 at 02:57 PM.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Better get ready for Noonecraft.

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    You are absolutely 100% incorrect about resilience not mattering. Priests stacked resil and were difficult to kill in 3's RMP. Paladins used a bit less like druids and were difficult to kill but easier to kill than a druid. Shamans were the only healer that was ever remotely easy to kill, but they had huge burst damage to pair with their DD and lust. If resilience didn't matter then people would've just gone in raid gear, but they didn't. Everybody had a PvP set. Please explain how every arena game was 10-20 minutes long if healers were as squishy as you claim.
    Then you didn't play TBC.

And, especially hpriests, loved to have raid gear in TBC in arenas in high rated. Resil gear was crap most of the time. I really think you are only talking a different expansion or s4, only in a restricted PoV.

Certainly, Locks, had no issue at all with resil healers.

Also notice how mana drain was a thing.

People should try harder to convience me TBC PvP was not the very best the MMORPG genre had to offer!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Uh, I did play TBC and PvP'ed a lot too. That was the golden age of WoW.

Here's my recollection of PvP vs a Resto Druid* in BG's.

There were two or three DPS on a single Tauren Druid including me, a Rogue. We were all in S2 gear. The Tauren Druid would move around jumping while outhealing all of our damage.

It would take 3 DPS, properly geared in full PvP gear and weapons, about 5 or 6 minutes to kill a single Resto Druid. They were absolutely unkillable.

You can look up my Rogue if you want. This is a real toon from 2007, not a toon from some private server. Haven't played him for years and years. I don't play retail anymore. The game is a travesty of its former self.
    Finally someone who is speaking the truth here and played TBC. Glad to see this picture. I played lock and rogue. The time when fear was fear and stuns stuns and hard CC exlusive for pure dd classes.

You are right pvp after this is a mere travesty.

For the druid comment, its true only for the druid class who could kite melee all too easily and had endless mana + spammy cc, no other heal spec had.

Still easy to kill by a lock, locks just hard countered rdruids., especially openfield in bgs without pillars, they either died in a amlost permanent fear in a mere seconds, or later in s4 and, if it was a competent glad rdruid, who was still hindered by the fear spam and lost too much mana due to mana drain. I do not pretend like everyone else that all rdruids were perfect players either. Most simply were an easy snack when playing lock, but i get most people are no locks in this thread and maybe tasted a bit of TBC PvP, while i indeed played it 4-8 hours a day and nothing else.(no pve at all in that time) i know my shit and would proove it with legacy servers, if the rules to pvp stayed the same as back in 2007.

Also in your BG there are no locks, underlining what i just said.

Maybe people are really unaware that in TBC the lock had its most powerful incarnation, until MoP raised the standard even higher. Skyrocket it, because a demo lock could kill a whole raid in rbg with chaos waves in a few seconds with dark soul up in season 12.

now, you see merely heals + hybrids dominating rbg/arenas. At least, the op time of pure DDs made pvp deaths more swiftly, i prefere that to dampening comps.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2016-12-20 at 05:40 PM.

Playing WoW for the PvP is like buying a Toyota Prius for its towing capacity. You knew it was shit when you signed up.

its not only pvp losing subs its the game itself.

Ye pvp is very bad this expansion, I am watching some pvp streamers and they all say they never ever seen such a bad season ever.

PvP in MMO's.... Where you'll never EVER have any sort of balance.. ever... and you'll always have people who bitch. PvP in these games surely brings out the worst in people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    Playing WoW for the PvP is like buying a Toyota Prius for its towing capacity. You knew it was shit when you signed up.
    Lol this is funny shit

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    its not only pvp losing subs its the game itself.

Ye pvp is very bad this expansion, I am watching some pvp streamers and they all say they never ever seen such a bad season ever.
    Playing since s2 and never saw a worser season, too! When precisions CC specs start to do only tunnel dmg, even at high rated, you know something went very wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Then you didn't play TBC.

And, especially hpriests, loved to have raid gear in TBC in arenas in high rated. Resil gear was crap most of the time. I really think you are only talking a different expansion or s4, only in a restricted PoV.

Certainly, Locks, had no issue at all with resil healers.

Also notice how mana drain was a thing.

People should try harder to convience me TBC PvP was not the very best the MMORPG genre had to offer!
    Holy priest... in pvp? Holy was the raid spec, Disc was the PvP spec. Of course holy priests sucked in PvP. Also, your video doesn't prove anything except that this warlock was good and they are cherry picked fights. Notice that his own healer basically takes no damage and easily keeps the warlock pet alive, even in mirror matchups. As for drain mana, the druid is supposed to shift into bear form when he's going to be feared so that he is immune to drain mana. When you get caught out of form then the fear hurts because of the drain mana but otherwise you should be decently healthy with well stacked hots.

The reason druids were so great in arena was their ability to drink though. Any time the druid was low on mana and didnt have innervate or if innervate got purged the teammate is supposed to blow survivals and run while the druid travel formed and drank.

I also think it is hilarious that you are saying this other guy is right when he is saying the same thing as me... am I not considered a valid PvP player because I don't have a screenshot? Do I need to post good old vanilla AV screenshots to be taken seriously by you?

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RelaZ View Post
    I played TBC, and I know more about it than you do. As made obvious by your "healers were easy to kill in TBC" statements. Maybe you had an easy time killing 1200 healers, but a healer in the hands of someone not completely retarded was almost impossible to kill.
    I remember wearing a grey-quality hat on my disc priest in random BGs because I liked how it looked and it didn't matter, I still couldn't die.

I miss mana burn I used to make it my mission to spam mana burn on enemy holy paladins. Disc priest used to be so annoying and fun to play.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Isn't pvp dead after/in mid of BC?
    I wasn't a very good/active player back then, but I think it's a common knowledge that was verified long ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    It used to be.

See that arena championship at BlizzCon? Didn't see that for PvE.
    Because PvE doing "fine" and can't be an esport.
    Blizzcon itself is just a glorified marketplace.
    Last edited by normiegonnanorm; 2016-12-21 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    I remember wearing a grey-quality hat on my disc priest in random BGs because I liked how it looked and it didn't matter, I still couldn't die.

I miss mana burn I used to make it my mission to spam mana burn on enemy holy paladins. Disc priest used to be so annoying and fun to play.
    mana drain, mana burn everything got prunned.

In wrath, dks even had the ability to remove hots to counter rdruids more. /pruned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by normiegonnanorm View Post
    Isn't pvp dead after/in mid of BC?
    I wasn't a very good/active player back then, but I think it's a common knowledge that was verified long ago.

Because PvE doing "fine" and can't be an esport.
    Blizzcon itself is just a glorified marketplace.
    It started to suck in wotlk and truly suck in cataclysm, since the designmoved into a wrong direction making everything equal and healers immortal and to lose no mana anymore.

I am not that suprised that no one other than a small percent wants to pvp ever nowdays. Back in Tbc a lot more were into it!

It's because in order to be competitive you have to get a competitive legendary. Didn't get one? Enjoy being sub ~60% parses because literally half of the people who have your class have BiS legendaries at four months into the expansion, and getting shitty peer reviews as a result in your guild. GG!

in TBC locks even had to use Life Tap for mana quite often or they would go oom, as a dd spec.

Same happens with fire mages, fire mages were oom after 1 duel, so it was a little tricky to play that in a bg with more opponents, another of many reasions why to play frost who could conserve mana better and not just counter melees alone.

as of today, specs like moonkin and shadowpriest do not even use mana for their dmg spells and healers never go oom.

I wonder why that design is in place now, maybe it makes a little bit sence for the dd specs, but healers that can't go oom caused dampening in arenas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by trhoads1 View Post
    It's because in order to be competitive you have to get a competitive legendary. Didn't get one? Enjoy being sub ~60% parses because literally half of the people who have your class have BiS legendaries at four months into the expansion, and getting shitty peer reviews as a result in your guild. GG!
    wrong fred, dude.

The one thing I have to give to WoD was how easy it was to jump on, level an alt, go into Ashran for a few hours and be in a really good position to have some PvP fun. Pretty much skipping the entire story didn't matter where as with legion the entire Artifact power system forces you into a bunch of content you've already done. It's fairly daunting to undertake an alt just to know how much there is to do that isn't PvP.

Deleted
    PvP in Legion has been such a success the dev left all social media.

Sounds like he's been congratulated on his astounding success of making the entire "experience" diarrhea mixed in vanilla ice cream. It's tasteless and shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    TBC was my most active time i played mage, lock and rogue, and they were all awesome in TBC, no immortal healers, oom mechanics active for nearly all classes that require mana, very hard CC to further stop healers dominating, it was the very best pvp i have ever seen in WoW.
    I can't say about the other classes, but frost mage sucked during TBC. You couldn't kill any healer whatsoever and also you couldn't kill warlocks at all. The only thing you could kill was melee classes (rogue, warrior, etc). So you were forced to play 2 dps in 2v2 because of the oom issue, and that means that you can't afford to have any mistakes, while comps like resto/warr, resto/warlock, resto/hunter could play bad and still faceroll you. 90% of the teams above 2.3k were the resto/something combination, with both warrior and sl/sl warlock being extremely overpowered.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2016-12-22 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    PvP in Legion has been such a success the dev left all social media.

Sounds like he's been congratulated on his astounding success of making the entire "experience" diarrhea mixed in vanilla ice cream. It's tasteless and shitty.
    I hope he is working on his cooking skills or what was it that he tweeted about, so that he has some kind of plan B once he is out of gamedev.

Nothing will be able to convince me that the pvp in this game is not garbage. Noticed it went to complete shit after Wrath. I realize I'm probably rage posting after a fucking Ret Paladin killed me in 10 seconds as a Guardian Druid when I had 2 stacks of ironfur already up, Survival Instincts popped, Barkskin and my artifact going. Like what the hell is the point of being a tank spec in pvp when I get shredded like tissue paper yet dps have better survival, heals and damage? They gave everyone too much of everything.

Make tanks actually tanky and not have much damage (during pvp), take away the survival of dps and let them just deal damage, and have healers heal. Fuck.

Prepared for incoming shit, bring it!