Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Rather than let Britain stay in the single market, Scotland should just leave Britain and join EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    It isn't good, because it means that the Tories won't have any proper opposition.

I think i'd rather have a party that sticks to its principels, instead of leaving out the poor and the worker class to dry.
    But not British, so not a big deal.

Not that our Labour party is doing much better.

Deleted

For some reason people hate on Blair for making the Labour party electable again .
    He is probably the most hated man in UK politics, I am not sure that makes Labour electable again if he starts sticking his nose into it again.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    There were promises made that the referendum would be 'once in a lifetime' and the SNP would accept the result. Immediately after they lost, the SNP were gunning for a second go and have been doing everything they can to throw the result away.
    Back then staying in the UK ment that they'll stay in the EU. Becoming intependent means that they'll have to plead for membership like any other new country.

Now staying in the UK means leaving the EU, which is the exact opposite what scots wanted when they voted for staying in the UK. The situation has changed enough to warrant for new referendum in the scottish so want.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2016-12-20 at 05:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PleaseHold View Post
    He is probably the most hated man in UK politics, I am not sure that makes Labour electable again if he starts sticking his nose into it again.
    Didn't say he should stick his nose into again, I said he made Labour electable, the only thing he'd do now is make them even more unelectable than they already are.

But you already know I meant that and its why you cropped out the stuff I wrote in brackets in my original post.

Deleted
    Scotland need to shut the flying fuck up already, so bored of Sturgeons hot air gassing.

Quote Originally Posted by MissMin View Post
    Scotland need to shut the flying fuck up already, so bored of Sturgeons hot air gassing.
    How exactly is this a case for shutting the fuck up? I voted no in the indyref, I am Scottish, but also consider myself British, and I am not a fan of nationalism (which is a strong part of SNP support), and the SNP definitely ride a wave of populism. However- the Brexit vote was a material change in circumstances- one that Scotland did not vote for, and Scotland, as part of the UK, will be removed from the EU against its will. There are many times where I might have agreed with you, however this is not one of them, this time she has a point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Deleted
    Didn't say he should stick his nose into again, I said he made Labour electable, the only thing he'd do now is make them even more unelectable than they already are.

But you already know I meant that and its why you cropped out the stuff I wrote in brackets in my original post.
    For some reason people hate on Blair for making the Labour party electable again
    One of these things is not like the other. Should read your own posts before making passive aggressive snipes ( :

But since it is more clear with your meaning now, I have not really heard of his change for labour in the late 90s being a point of contention with anyone.
    Last edited by mmoc91fe476160; 2016-12-20 at 06:14 PM.

Deleted
    SNP's popularity seems to be decreasing bit by bit so I would be very surprised if a second vote would go their way.
    They got 46% of the cote in the last election and polls have them basically the same

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Articon92 View Post
    They got 46% of the cote in the last election and polls have them basically the same
    If there is one thing the last few years should teach anyone, don't trust polls.

Its hardly holding hostage when the biggest member state of the Union wants to do something for its constiuents and they are told by a country with less population than the capital that they can't.
    The UK isn't the biggest member state of the EU.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    The UK isn't the biggest member state of the EU.
    Not sure what that has to do with this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Being liberal hardly sounds good for a party that is supposed to be center left.
    From what I gather, the bigger issue is that Corbyn is more interested in left-wing solidarity than actually opposing the Tories, which is his actual job.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Deleted
    One of these things is not like the other. Should read your own posts before making passive aggressive snipes ( :

But since it is more clear with your meaning now, I have not really heard of his change for labour in the late 90s being a point of contention with anyone.
    Right let me break this down, because I think we've got some communications issues here.

"People hate on Blair for making Labour electable again"

When Blair became leader of the Labour party he moved away from the Left and more to the right, bringing the Labour party to the centre of politics, this is usually derided by those on the left as Blair making Labour into a lighter shade of our current centre right party, the Conservatives, which doesn't go down well with the Left. The shift to Corbyn is Labour making a move away from the Blair years in an attempt to hoover up the now disenfranchised voters of the Liberal Democrats, but in doing so they make themselves unelectable because they are alienating there working class voters, who've always made up the bulk of Labour voters (who are now being hoovered up by UKIP, but thats neither here nor there in this argument).

At no point did I state that Blair should get back into British politics, I said he made Labour electable again, made, past tense. If Blair came back to British politics now, it would make Labour even more unelectable than Corbyn has already made them, due to how hated he is, which is the reason I put the comment in brackets in my original post, which you then edited out for some reason.

Scotland has a lot more in common with England than it would like to admit. Ironically as an English guy who moved here at the start of the year many parts of Scotland resemble what parts of England used to be like before it was 'culturally enriched' and plagued by poorly handled immigration. Parts of Scotland have begun suffering the same issues and the SNP have handled it very poorly so far - content to use Glasgow as a dumping ground for immigrant quotas with little regard to the impact upon the city itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    From what I gather, the bigger issue is that Corbyn is more interested in left-wing solidarity than actually opposing the Tories, which is his actual job.
    They're split because their voter base is between an inner city electorate that overwhelmingly voted to remain, and provincial mill towns that did not. Neither side thinks Labour did enough to support the way they were going to vote and now there are a lot of angry voters who don't know who to vote for anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They're split because their voter base is between an inner city electorate that overwhelmingly voted to remain, and provincial mill towns that did not. Neither side thinks Labour did enough to support the way they were going to vote and now there are a lot of angry voters who don't know who to vote for anymore.
    And yet the Tories are able to maintain cohesion between the business elite who wanted to remain, and the nationalists who wanted to leave. Just goes to show that even across the pond, the left is a shit-show of infighting.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Deleted
    Right let me break this down, because I think we've got some communications issues here.

"People hate on Blair for making Labour electable again"

When Blair became leader of the Labour party he moved away from the Left and more to the right, bringing the Labour party to the centre of politics, this is usually derided by those on the left as Blair making Labour into a lighter shade of our current centre right party, the Conservatives, which doesn't go down well with the Left. The shift to Corbyn is Labour making a move away from the Blair years in an attempt to hoover up the now disenfranchised voters of the Liberal Democrats, but in doing so they make themselves unelectable because they are alienating there working class voters, who've always made up the bulk of Labour voters (who are now being hoovered up by UKIP, but thats neither here nor there in this argument).

At no point did I state that Blair should get back into British politics, I said he made Labour electable again, made, past tense. If Blair came back to British politics now, it would make Labour even more unelectable than Corbyn has already made them, due to how hated he is, which is the reason I put the comment in brackets in my original post, which you then edited out for some reason.
    Yeah we did. I got lost on your original post because you made a current tense comment then mentioned past tense after it, which was cleared up on your second post. I also thought you meant current because Blair has already threatened he is making a return to politics. Should be clear that no one in their right mind would think of Blair as a worthy candidate to anything outside of a prison cell, so my bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    And yet the Tories are able to maintain cohesion between the business elite who wanted to remain, and the nationalists who wanted to leave. Just goes to show that even across the pond, the left is a shit-show of infighting.
    The infighting in the Conservatives isn't exactly discreet, both sides are very much a shit show.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The infighting in the Conservatives isn't exactly discreet, both sides are very much a shit show.
    This.

The Conversatives are better at trying to dress things up 'nicely' though - and for the time being, at least, they've ceased their crusade against the most vulnerable within society.

Labour, meanwhile, is led by a man who seems to be unable to compromise and admit that immigration is a sore spot for many voters and there's some real negative consequences to how it is currently handled.