Page 44 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I thought we were playing as pixels, which are probably closer to concrete than they are people, because they are both objects.
    Actually digital writing comprises of electrical imprinting similar to the electrons passing information in your brain.
    #boycottchina

If i couldn't scream CHING CHOW CHING CHONG while playing Mei with my friends what would even be the point of her?.
    Now I won't be able to not do this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    I would not blame them, vomit is not the greatest "substance" on earth.
    Chain reaction vomits are a sight to behold. And then the smell hits ya

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    And the forums are outraged over this? Lets face the truth: There are gays in the real universe so they WILL exist in Overwatch based on the REAL universe in the future. People need to grow up and realize that there are people different from them and learn to respect them.

http://www.overpwn.com/news/240-over...-blizzcon-2016

And with that, lets start guessing who the character is

Lucirat?
    Tracemaker?
    Pharmercy?
    Zarmetra?
    McHANZO?!
    One thing I was sure of, even before the comic was unveiled: the pairing wouldn't be between two heroes. It just didn't feel right, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Leave it to Overwatch to make their franchise mascot the multiple-minority one.

Must have focus grouped that one. What a better way to virtue signal than that?!

Incoming complaints about the attractive, skinny, white one being the lesbian. My popcorn is ready.
    I was honestly expecting that the LGBT character was either Pharah, or McCree (no, not with Hanzo). I also liked the weird 'bromance' feeling between Junkrat and Roadhog, especially in the comic. Tracer, IMO, was way too obvious to be 'the best' choice. Zarya also wasn't a good choice (again, IMO) because there were already complains about her "butch lesbian" look. Sombra? Maybe, but I was rooting for either Pharah or McCree.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Not to them. You have to full 100% embrace and love everything they do or else you are an evil wicked bigot.
    I'm sorry ;(
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

That is literally an accurate representation of what they do, and all people like them do. Identity politics is all that matters.

Also, like you said, it's a shooter. Like, dear god, who honestly wonders "is my character gay or not" while shooting people.

Imagine if people were like "There are no gay people in battlefield or call of duty > Those evil fcken bigots!"

Sad that is all their little worlds are.
    So, how does lore stuff bother you if you just want to play a shooter? Not like the comic pops up before you can play a game.

If I can't have man on man love, I'll just have to settle with triggered conservatives. Happy holidays everyone. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    As awesome as McCree would have been it's also the "gay cowboy" stereotype

Not to them. You have to full 100% embrace and love everything they do or else you are an evil wicked bigot.
    Has that sentiment been expressed here? Point it out and I'll laugh at them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well to be fair CoD isn't a hero shooter. Part of what makes Overwatch cool is the personality of the characters.

If i couldn't scream CHING CHOW CHING CHONG while playing Mei with my friends what would even be the point of her?

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like a strawman.
    Overwatch is interesting due to the abilities and content, even if it is "filling quotas: the game."

Personality really doesn't mean anything, just as it doesn't mean anything in League or other games hero oriented.

Sadly, that is the way the world is today. Either you follow everyone else like you're sheeple, or there is something wrong with you. No more opinions for yourself, you have to go by everyone else's opinions!

10+ Year Old Account
    Overwatch is interesting due to the abilities and content, even if it is "filling quotas: the game."

Personality really doesn't mean anything, just as it doesn't mean anything in League or other games hero oriented.
    It doesn't matter to the gameplay, sure. Why can't there be a story outside of it? Tracer won't be having a hot red head pop up in game now for her to make out with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post

If I can't have man on man love, I'll just have to settle with triggered conservatives. Happy holidays everyone. :P
    Well that's almost as tasty ^^
    #boycottchina

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    Sadly, that is the way the world is today. Either you follow everyone else like you're sheeple, or there is something wrong with you. No more opinions for yourself, you have to go by everyone else's opinions!
    Something like this.

Free-Speech is automatically hate-speech to some people.

People are allowed to not give a shit if a game / movie / entertainment media is "diverse" or not. I certainly wouldn't care if a game or movie or w/e is 100% black or white or w/e. Not everything has to be a "representation". But it has to be for some people or else they will scream and cry and do everything they can to talk down about the movie or product.

lol and people were getting ready to eat popcorn to SJW tears. All I've seen this far is "waaah, those fucking SJW's waaaaah".

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    It doesn't matter to the gameplay, sure. Why can't there be a story outside of it? Tracer won't be having a hot red head pop up in game now for her to make out with.
    New highlight intro?

I expected Tracer, but I also expected Zarya.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    I respect all people as long as they respect me and they do not judge when I puke while seeing two mans kissing. I have right to be disgusted.
    Sounds like your problem, not theirs. You want them to stop kissing so you stop vomiting?

I mean the comic JUST came out.
    In this thread. I have no doubt that regardless of who turned out to be gay the internet would have a shit fit from all angles. I can't wait for the realization that mercy is straight and dating Tjorb. /evil laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    In this thread. I have no doubt that regardless of who turned out to be gay the internet would have a shit fit from all angles. I can't wait for the realization that mercy is straight and dating Tjorb. /evil laugh
    But midgets are a protected species.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Something like this.

Free-Speech is automatically hate-speech to some people.

People are allowed to not give a shit if a game / movie / entertainment media is "diverse" or not. I certainly wouldn't care if a game or movie or w/e is 100% black or white or w/e. Not everything has to be a "representation". But it has to be for some people or else they will scream and cry and do everything they can to talk down about the movie or product.
    Thing is, if you're commenting, you self evidently do give a shit. Free speech stops being free speech when you're trying to stop or censor others' freedom of expression that includes the artists creating and writing this.