Page 46 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Ignoring it doesn't make it go away, i think that's been pretty blatantly been shown to be true. That's why people in the past few years have started talking about it so much more, not because it's still a small piece of the internet, but because it's now expanded it's cancerous reach into the mainstream and into reality :P
    Beeeecause it creates so much controversy is my point. Which in turn creates revenue. Not saying to ignore it completely but I guess.. maybe not make such a big stink about it is all. Some people get way too heated over these issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm probably going to hear people calling her a dike more now that it's common knowledge, like people do with Zarya.

*tracer zipping around annoying supports*

"GET THIS FUCKING DIKE OFF ME!" I can already hear it in my friends voices.
    You're right, my report button is going melt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Does this surprise you? That they take the easy route while pandering for attention? All just a publicity stunt to get attention...of course they're going to use the game's *mascot* to do it...they practically were yelling from the rooftops *We're going to have a LGBT character!*...what would of actually made me respect it a bit is if they used two men...

But no...then went the easy route and went with two women...just a attention grab from Blizzard.
    I've said it years before, fact is blizzard games has a much higher population of straight men playing it then any other gender/orientation, so of course this would be the only choice they'd go for.

However, if the only reason they did this was just to apply to a demographic, with no build up, and now are only going to use this as a mean of saying "look at us, we got gay characters too, look, we're progressive!!" then the points pretty much lost.
    And yeah I'd be saying the exact same thing if it were two men.
    #boycottchina

Does this surprise you? That they take the easy route while pandering for attention? All just a publicity stunt to get attention...of course they're going to use the game's *mascot* to do it...they practically were yelling from the rooftops "We're going to have a LGBT character!"...what would of actually made me respect it a bit is if they used two men...

But no...then went the easy route and went with two women...just a attention grab from Blizzard.
    I guess the world wasn't ready for Junkrat and Roadhog, as much as I had hoped.

Deleted
    Kiss on the cheek = must be lesbian hurr

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I've said it years before, fact is blizzard games has a much higher population of straight men playing it then any other gender/orientation, so of course this would be the only choice they'd go for.

However, if the only reason they did this was just to apply to a demographic, with no build up, and now are only going to use this as a mean of saying "look at us, we got gay characters too, look, we're progressive!!" then the points pretty much lost.
    Of course they did...which is exactly why it's a publicity stunt for attention and not some kind of progressive message...they want to get the desperate geeks all hot and bothered...maybe sell a few extra copies between them and the LGBT people who see a gay person and will fork money out for it like it actually means something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe? I don't think the reaction is unwarranted though. To me they are the new Religious Right, and just like with the Religious Right i want their encroachment on normal life to go ahead and just stop already.
    That's fair enough. Guess I just don't see a huge problem even if Blizzard is just checking off a list of demographics to score brownie points with. Cause ultimately it makes some people happy, the people that are angry (SJWs or otherwise) have their fits and eventually get over it and move onto the next controversy. Storm will pass n such. Not that this is a storm but that remains to be seen yet lol

- - - Updated - - -

It wasn't a kiss on the cheek...
    Kiss her right in the pussy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I guess the world wasn't ready for Junkrat and Roadhog, as much as I had hoped.
    lol

Nah...why do that when you can go the easy route?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    That.. Wasn't on the cheek

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i think some people just find cute things sexy, i being one of them.
    Sure they do, it can work for me too; I'm just not seeing it in this. It's a "D'aww" absolutely, but not more than that

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe? I don't think the reaction is unwarranted though. To me they are the new Religious Right, and just like with the Religious Right i want their encroachment on normal life to go ahead and just stop already.
    If it wasn't for the pushback from the religious right, it wouldn't be necessary to push harder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Does her having any sexual orientation impact gameplay at all? Is there a need for it at all is what I am saying. Thats my whole point. Her sexual orientation or any characters sexual orientation just has no place in a video game. They do it because SJWs will bitch , moan, and cry if they don't.
    It doesn't impact gameplay. Which is why it isn't in gameplay, it's in a comic. A comic to tell a story. And even though her being a lesbian (or possibly bi) doesn't make a bit of difference in terms of how well you shoot someone, having it in a story is perfectly fine.

Does this surprise you? That they take the easy route while pandering for attention? All just a publicity stunt to get attention...of course they're going to use the game's *mascot* to do it...they practically were yelling from the rooftops "We're going to have a LGBT character!"...what would of actually made me respect it a bit is if they used two men...

I dunno, even if it is two women, one of them is still the mascot of the game. I do agree that Junkrat/Roadhog would have been a bit more balls to the walls "Making a statement", but the face of overwatch (literally, the face I see looking at my box of the game) is kind of big.

7+ Year Old Account
    it wasnt on the cheek....

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh don't confuse me, i don't give any fucks that blizzard is putting LGBT characters in the game at all, it's just that the inevitable response to trying to please SJWs, just like with the Religious right, is a spit in the face and a snarky "Try again"

Make the game you want to make with the characters you want to make, don't just check off boxes to please a group that is actually impossible to please, and if there ever was a group of people that were impossible to please it would be the SJW community.
    You never considered it might because it's something their artists and developers some or more of whom are most likely gay themselves wanted to do it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh don't confuse me, i don't give any fucks that blizzard is putting LGBT characters in the game at all, it's just that the inevitable response to trying to please SJWs, just like with the Religious right, is a spit in the face and a snarky "Try again"

Make the game you want to make with the characters you want to make, don't just check off boxes to please a group that is actually impossible to please, and if there ever was a group of people that were impossible to please it would be the SJW community.
    I feel like the majority of the "group" they're trying to please would be fine with it. I view two sets of people when it comes to all this social justice stuff. Normal people who just want to let others do as they please and free love, typical hippy shit y'know. And "SJWs". The twitter warriors that just want to bitch and moan about everything. I'd like it if Blizz ignored those annoying people and I feel like they do a good job of it generally.

Does this surprise you? That they take the easy route while pandering for attention? All just a publicity stunt to get attention...of course they're going to use the game's *mascot* to do it...they practically were yelling from the rooftops *We're going to have a LGBT character!*...what would of actually made me respect it a bit is if they used two men...

But no...then went the east route and went with two women...just a attention grab from Blizzard.
    What's worse is that they'll likely continue to tease McCree and Hanzo as potentially being a thing without ever officially making it a thing. 'Queerbaiting' in other words. Lots of 'progressive' forms of media likes to include lesbian relationships to fulfill quotas whilst largely ignoring male on male action...and even fi they do include two men together it usually ends up revolving around negative stereotypes.

10+ Year Old Account

Not the cheek.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    What's worse is that they'll likely continue to tease McCree and Hanzo as potentially being a thing without ever officially making it a thing. 'Queerbaiting' in other words. Lots of 'progressive' forms of media likes to include lesbian relationships to fulfill quotas whilst largely ignoring male on male action...and even fi they do include two men together it usually ends up revolving around negative stereotypes.
    Well that's pretty much blizzards lore team in a nutshell
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    I think once you are at the point where you start mandating gender pronouns it's hard to argue that you have more pushing to do.
    That would depend on your every day experience. Just because sections of the internet have 'learned' absolutely does not mean the rest of the world is anywhere even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Well that's pretty much blizzards lore team in a nutshell
    Heh, true.