Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Momentum in 7.1.5

Is it true that with demon speed rework Momentum is pretty much not worth taking over Nemesis?

10+ Year Old Account
    Only in heavy single target fights, anything else momentum is still the best talent.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    Is it true that with demon speed rework Momentum is pretty much not worth taking over Nemesis?
    No. Only on pure ST does Nemesis perform better than Momentum, otherwise you use Momentum always like now.

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    No. Only on pure ST does Nemesis perform better than Momentum, otherwise you use Momentum always like now.
    I don't like that term used as often as its being. To give a more correct answer is there is any off target that is handled by melee at all for longer than 10-15% of the fights duration, then momentum starts to pull ahead. So you have to ask yourself, are you pretty good at momentum? If the answer is no, then your real answer is nemesis.

If you still cant keep good momo uptime, nemesis will be your goto unless its HEAVY aoe / cleaving type fight.

I am happy they are moving skills into a niche and not that this skill is best 100% OF THE TIME NO MATTER WHAT, AND IF YOU DO NOT PLAY BLANK YOU ARE TERRIBLE.

Quote Originally Posted by bryntjl View Post
    I don't like that term used as often as its being. To give a more correct answer is there is any off target that is handled by melee at all for longer than 10-15% of the fights duration, then momentum starts to pull ahead. So you have to ask yourself, are you pretty good at momentum? If the answer is no, then your real answer is nemesis.

If you still cant keep good momo uptime, nemesis will be your goto unless its HEAVY aoe / cleaving type fight.
    Nemesis is already your goto if you are bad at momentum.

That being said momentum uptime is nowhere near as important as correct ability use in momentum windows, and while people understand this on paper many fail it in reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I am pretty good at Momentum.

Does it mean that we get to use (in a typical scenario): Felblade, DBlades, Bloodlet, whatever, Momentum, whatever, CB/Barrage just like we do now? I mean, the only thing that changes is that now that Felblade can be used WITH glaive build, that's gonna be the go-to. Or am I wrong?

Does it mean that we get to use (in a typical scenario): Felblade, DBlades, Bloodlet, whatever, Momentum, whatever, CB/Barrage just like we do now? I mean, the only thing that changes is that now that Felblade can be used WITH glaive build, that's gonna be the go-to. Or am I wrong?
    I believe you're right. I'm looking forward to having Felblade back. It was really fun to have in the beta when I played a Demonic build for solo type stuff. Can't wait for the fluidity of using Felblade to immediately charge back into melee range after a Fel Rush or VR.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

The go-to talent in the T104 row is Chaos Cleave, not Bloodlet. First Blood can be used on ST depending on gear (as your crit/mastery levels rise, Chaos Cleave eventually overtakes First Blood on ST as well).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    The go-to talent in the T104 row is Chaos Cleave, not Bloodlet. First Blood can be used on ST depending on gear (as your crit/mastery levels rise, Chaos Cleave eventually overtakes First Blood on ST as well).
    What if you tot the legendary bracers?

Chaos cleave and fblood are ahead now so prolly rarely bloodlet

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok so I guess I'm missing something, does Chaos Cleave on singletarget still increase it's damage by 25%? So like, in cleave situations it hits ALL the targets for 125% of it's damage? Can it really be THAT OP?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hockenberry View Post
    The bracers do not work on ST.
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

Ok so I guess I'm missing something, does Chaos Cleave on singletarget still increase it's damage by 25%? So like, in cleave situations it hits ALL the targets for 125% of it's damage? Can it really be THAT OP?
    It hits your target for 125% and others for 25%

Nemesis doesn't really do much for AoE fights unless everything is the same mob type and you can kill one off really quickly while Momentum does. Momentum is going to continue being the best option on that row.

Fel Eruption still seems to be bad. It needs some kind of cleave damage or something.

Gross. Chaos Cleave is one of the most boring talents Blizzard has ever made and I hope it dies in a fire.

Quote Originally Posted by hockenberry View Post
    Sadly, unless its a constant 3 target cleave, the bracers will not win against chaos cleave. It kind of makes me sad being my 2 legendaries at this moment are the bracers, and boots. Ill be most likely going back to using the blur chest just to have a legendary that actually can do something since bloodlet is falling behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Nemesis doesn't really do much for AoE fights unless everything is the same mob type and you can kill one off really quickly while Momentum does. Momentum is going to continue being the best option on that row.

Fel Eruption still seems to be bad. It needs some kind of cleave damage or something.

Gross. Chaos Cleave is one of the most boring talents Blizzard has ever made and I hope it dies in a fire.
    You're not really correct. Nemisis will still be a net gain, the question is how much will momentum catch up to it in terms of the AoE / cleave. That's why several people use the word heavy. If you have 1 add show up, and it dies fairly quickly, momentum gains you almost nothing extra especially in its terms of being more of a pain to use. At 20% nemesis, and 60% uptime of momentum they became even in a single target fight. Now you're looking around 50% max uptime, and nemesis will be 25%. As much as people don't like it, nemesis is looking to be the future of Demon Hunter raiding.

Personally I don't like either very much, momentum was fine, but it gets taxing after awhile and then its an annoyance. Nemesis is boring, but my issue with it is that its a more PITA vendetta considering you have to stay on your target for a minute. I wish they would scape the two ideas, and make better options, or atleast scrap nemesis and make it something not so bland. That wont happen this expansion, so it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by bryntjl View Post

Personally I don't like either very much, momentum was fine, but it gets taxing after awhile and then its an annoyance. Nemesis is boring, but my issue with it is that its a more PITA vendetta considering you have to stay on your target for a minute. I wish they would scape the two ideas, and make better options, or atleast scrap nemesis and make it something not so bland. That wont happen this expansion, so it is what it is.
    Nemesis should compete with Chaos Blades imo. There's no reason to have 2 separate 2 minute cooldowns on different talent rows.

Deleted
    Do people like that Nemesis will be the go to talent for ST ? I mean those ppl who enjoy playing Momentum I kinda hate it, I wish they would be just close to each other on both aoe/ST, but since they nerfed our momentum uptime the ST will pretty much suck :|

10+ Year Old Account
    is Blur still reseting Fel Rush? (i know the patch notes said that demonic speed would give 25% speed instead of resseting, but the last two builds, it was still reseting the fel rush charges instead , so...)

And there is still a third option, Demonic, especially for M+. I'm thinking the advantages are fairly significant being able to have 50+% uptime on Meta, with all that leech when pushing M+, and the DPS on multiple targets soars over the other builds in sims. This is before you consider NH set pieces or shoulders....

Do we have 3 solid options here? Kind of feels that way. I'm a fan of momentum. I like the controlled chaos it brings. But a demonic build has a different type of chaos if you are scrambling to collect souls during an encounter.