Page 53 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    welllllll

little irritated that they went the obvious poster character, hot lesbian route

was hiding hoping mccree
    I say there's still a chance, he doesn't come off the type to really settle down with someone.

Junkrat x McCree.

Make it happen Blizzard, since now we're just pandering to the lowest common minority denominator in 2016.

I want this to happen!

That's cool, kind of obvious, kind of wanted it to be Mercy for some reason. Happy it's a girl instead of a guy at least. Hopefully her girlfriend doesn't die lol.
    X

The amount of rage from people over this is hilarious. Perhaps we could create a safe space for them where they don't have to view the comic?

Quote Originally Posted by ujx View Post
    So brave, so diverse, so progressive. I will not stop this movement until we have a pansexual non-binary autistic hermaphrodite who is in love with a trashcan.
    I love slippery slope fallacies!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    The amount of rage from people over this is hilarious. Perhaps we could create a safe space for them where they don't have to view the comic?
    Where's the rage? I'm not seeing it :S
    Last edited by IKT; 2016-12-21 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    Where's the rage? I'm not seeing it :S
    On the official Overwatch forum. Though the mods are cleaning up the particularly bad ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Time to grab some popcorn and read the forums. Both comments from homophobes and homosexuals complaining about people not caring enough are hilarious.

Still feels kinda cheap that blizzard announced it before the comic was even out but meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    On the official Overwatch forum. Though the mods are cleaning up the particularly bad ones.
    Okay now that the door for equal representation is being opened where's the obese female character?
    When are we going to get a African American (black) hero?
    Slippery slopes, slippery slopes everywhere.

Where's that triggered gif when you need it.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Junkrat x Roadhog , that would be awesome.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

What about Genji x Hanzo?

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Bother lover identified.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Same. It felt perhaps a bit too easy, but then again I won't complain over the fact LGBT groups are officially included in the game. Russia's reaction was entirely worth it.

But since Blizzard stated it wouldn't be the only LGBT character, I look forward to hear more. Perhaps it's not too late for McCree :P
    What was Russia reaction?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see Genji being homosexual though. Or Bi.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    What was Russia reaction?
    They censored the comic. You can't read it in Russia because of the anti-gay propaganda law.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    I'd love to see Genji being homosexual though. Or Bi.
    Same.

I'd be happy with 76, McCree, Hanzo or Genji being gay or bisexual. At least one of them - but Blizzard and many other companies have a habit of making lesbian romances much more obvious than romances that revolve around gay men. The lesbian characters in GW2, for instance, had a much greater role in the story than the two gay guys...who even then were part of a plant like race.

Well at least she's not a non-binary genderfluid otherkin

Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeperx View Post
    Well at least she's not a non-binary genderfluid otherkin
    I believe those are in WoW, not overwatch and they prefer the name moonkin to otherkin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same.

I'd be happy with 76, McCree, Hanzo or Genji being gay or bisexual. At least one of them - but Blizzard and many other companies have a habit of making lesbian romances much more obvious than romances that revolve around gay men. The lesbian characters in GW2, for instance, had a much greater role in the story than the two gay guys...who even then were part of a plant like race.
    I think that lesbian romance is just easier to integrate with the given demographic. You won't really have people pointing you because you're playing a lesbian character - if anything, there may be an increase in players for that character. However, playing the gay dude may just be that much more taboo. Nobody wants to play the *you know which three letter word* in a game.

Just picture for a minute playing a game where your X character is not as skilled at the others. The probabilities of ending up with homophobic slurs thrown at you, even if you're not gay yourself, skyrocket.

That doesn't mean Blizzard shouldn't do it, though. I want them, very strongly, to add a gay male character. Not the JunkratXRoadhug bromance. A real, genuine gay character. 76, McCree, Genji seems to fit in that lorewise. Hanzo could be interesting, but I feel that his role, lorewise, could feel as though it's forced. Genji had a huge undocumented disappearance when Hanzo tried to slay him, which I feel may be more appropriate.

Still, I don't know why I went on a rant. Perhaps I'm just really looking forward to a genuine gay male character in a game other than Dragon Age XD
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    When are we going to get a African American (black) hero?
    Slippery slopes, slippery slopes everywhere.
    I love that "when are we going to get an African American (black) hero?" stupid line. What about Reaper? A white guy using "blackface"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Live and let live. Am I particularly excited for this development? No not really but I won't lose sleep over it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Yonteh View Post
    Sounds like another case of "Diversity for the sake of diversity"
    Diversity for the sake of diversity is changing a character to be X. This character was made that way to begin with. Sounds more like you have a problem with diversity because it makes you uncomfortable.