Page 93 of 107 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Takes a trumpet to ignore that it's worse for Trump because he had 3 million less votes under the same criteria(Picked Clinton, Picked Neither, Picked no one).
    Batman, post on your own account.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    For it to have been a complete route the dems would have had to lose every single seat/position they were running for. Did that happen? No? Got it.
    They lost so very badly that they are now a regional party for the time being.

It doesn't matter if everyone in California votes Democrat, that won't give them the Senate, the House, or any Gov. / State legislatures outside that state.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

If you honestly think he didn't disregard voters then I need some of what you're smoking.
    I'm genuinely curious, what type of stuff did you feel he ignored? This isn't even a "haha I disagree and I'm going to bust out quotes" type of thing, I'm curious what you felt he ignored.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    You lost. Focus on the next election and actually reflect most people's concerns this time.
    We're talking about a sheriff who used his departmental funds and took 6 years to "prove" that Obama's birth certificate was a fake...

And you respond with "You lost!!!!!!!!!!"

Are you like... even paying attention? Or just furiously masturbating?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Trump bullshitted his way through the entire campaign. Almost everything out of his mouth was vague and lacked substance. How many times did he simply repeat, "We're gonna win" or "Make America great again" type stuff?

He made some big promises with almost no details on how he was going to actually do it. In many cases he outright lied and made shit up. Build a wall along the entire border and make Mexico pay for it? Jail Clinton? Drain the swamp? Bring back jobs that went overseas?

I don't think Trump voters actually know how the hell he's going to do anything because he never really explained it himself.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're right, but after you lose because of archaic rules that make little logical sense you do what you can to change those rules to prevent unfair results in the future. This is the second time in the last 20 years someone has become President with fewer total votes. The first time it was by around 500k. This time it was 3M. Does it need to be 10M before we actually do something about a tyrannical minority dictating the direction of the country? If that's what you'd like in your government maybe we should see about changing our entire system, because as it stands the EC makes a mockery of democracy.

Or, in the words of our President-elect:
    He is singing a different tune now. Calling the EC a genius conception by the Founding Fathers.

7+ Year Old Account
    ROFLMAO. If you say so. Keep living in lala land and conflating what actually happened into something that didn't. Meanwhile, I'm going to go on living in reality.
    Reality of where? Do the Democrats control the Senate? More than 5 State legislatures? More than 15 Governorship? Do they control the House of Representatives? They sure as fuck don't control the White House.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    And what keeps going over your head is it does not matter how many more voted for Hillary. She lost and the Democrats will lose again if they fail to see why. Popular votes only pertain within each state and their own elected officials. That is how it has been for over 200 years and will more than likely continue to be so because amending the US Constitution is not based on popular vote. :P
    You're operating under the assumption that all voters are franchised on the local, state, and federal level. This is far and away from the truth. In Tennessee, centuries old class-based system still exists, with the political, wealthy class having a birthright to being in politics, using every legal option they have, since Tennessee became a state, to ensure that change happens according to their rules and wishes. Which is why we have the wealthiest governor in politics right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

If you honestly think he didn't disregard voters then I need some of what you're smoking.

- - - Updated - - -

For it to have been a complete route the dems would have had to lose every single seat/position they were running for. Did that happen? No? Got it.
    2 more years. Unless crying about Putin's leet haxxorz can get senate seats back.

Oh, right. Democrats have the worse rate of people showing up for midterm elections. That's going to be a problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    He is singing a different tune now. Calling the EC a genius conception by the Founding Fathers.
    It was a concession made by the New England, New Amsterdam, and Midlander regions of the US in order to get the deep southern slave lords to ratify the constitution. They wanted a system in place that would minimize, if not eliminate the enfranchisement of the vast majority of people living in the deep south in order to keep their slave fiefdoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    TBF, Trump is an orange cheeto.
    Racism!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Racism!!!!
    lol! Orange people have rights too!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Racism!!!!
    It's not racist to say things as they are

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    2 more years. Unless crying about Putin's leet haxxorz can get senate seats back.

Oh, right. Democrats have the worse rate of people showing up for midterm elections. That's going to be a problem.
    Dems are working hard to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

My prediction,

Trump is re-elected in 2020, baring a major economic meltdown and the Republicans are able to dominate redistricting in 2020 and keep Democrats out of power for another decade.

Dems will blame Putin, Misogyny, GamerGate, Alt-Right, The Second Coming of Harambe as Prophesied by the Dark Order of Kek, ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Reality of where? Do the Democrats control the Senate? More than 5 State legislatures? More than 15 Governorship? Do they control the House of Representatives? They sure as fuck don't control the White House.
    13 state legislatures, actually.

Also, it's noteworthy that the actual split isn't as severe as it seems. Republicans control 56% of state seats, Democrats 43%, and a lot of those flip pretty regularly.

It's actually pretty similar with governorships, where right now its 33 Republican, 16 Democrats, 1 Independent, but I know for instance in Kansas that it's not crazy uncommon for us to have a Democrat governor, but I don't think we've had a Democrat majority legislature while I've been alive. Governorships seem to be less partisan than other positions.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Dems are working hard to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

My prediction,

Trump is re-elected in 2020, baring a major economic meltdown and the Republicans are able to dominate redistricting in 2020 and keep Democrats out of power for another decade.

Dems will blame Putin, Misogyny, GamerGate, Alt-Right, The Second Coming of Harambe as Prophesied by the Dark Order of Kek, ect.
    No, he won't make it 4 years; more than likely he will be hit with ethics charges due to conflicts of interests, casting doubt on his cabinet positions and their conflicts.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    No, he won't make it 4 years; more than likely he will be hit with ethics charges due to conflicts of interests, casting doubt on his cabinet positions and their conflicts.
    Is this the Democrat version of "We're going to impeach Obama for breaking the constitution" from before Obama even got inaugurated?

Deleted
    You're right, but after you lose because of archaic rules that make little logical sense you do what you can to change those rules to prevent unfair results in the future. This is the second time in the last 20 years someone has become President with fewer total votes. The first time it was by around 500k. This time it was 3M. Does it need to be 10M before we actually do something about a tyrannical minority dictating the direction of the country?
    It depends if you believe majority rule can actually work. Do you?

One state cannot decide the fate of every other state. I would love to have a truly informed democratic process.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    We're talking about a sheriff who used his departmental funds and took 6 years to "prove" that Obama's birth certificate was a fake...

And you respond with "You lost!!!!!!!!!!"

You lost.

Also, the real Batman is a great man. He doesn't suffer fools for long. Batman and Bane are actually friends.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I think you know the answer to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    13 state legislatures, actually.

Also, it's noteworthy that the actual split isn't as severe as it seems. Republicans control 56% of state seats, Democrats 43%, and a lot of those flip pretty regularly.

It's actually pretty similar with governorships, where right now its 33 Republican, 16 Democrats, 1 Independent, but I know for instance in Kansas that it's not crazy uncommon for us to have a Democrat governor, but I don't think we've had a Democrat majority legislature while I've been alive. Governorships seem to be less partisan than other positions.
    No wonder they have such common sense gun rights based on the Constitutional rights of the citizens.