Page 57 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    In a lot of places, gay men have it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than gay women. Examples: North America.

That's not to say that gay men aren't marginalized: they absolutely are. Nor is it to say there aren't spaces where they have it worse than gay women: there are.

Both problems are predominantly caused by straight men, regardless.

Because sexuality is obvious at a glance, am I right?
    HAHAHAHA.....surely you jest. Not even close. Gay men and trans women have it FAR worse.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...lgbt.html?_r=0

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    Because overwatch is 100% likely gonna be the next mmo blizzard will give us, diablo and starcraft don't have enough content for it.
    And they're working on a single player component to OW atm I believe.

If you think about it, the way they're fleshing out the lore now is very close to how they used to do it in the past before WoW was revealed.
    And if you heard the little cryptic response the co-founder had, it's very likely they're looking into adding a new mmo.
    Source on this? I know Overwatch is basically remnant of Titan (world ruled by OMNI robots and player is an agent tasked with protecting the MMO world - with their own Garrison and profession to boot with most likely 2 sides to choose from), I have not heard of a reference to a new MMO, nor is there any suggestion from Blizzard that they will expand OW into a MMORPG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    You don't, just don't read the comics. As far as I can see she doesn't burst out the pages and say "I'm Gay!!" she kisses another woman, so it's implied that she's gay.
    Oh. So it's just open to interpretation. (not read the comic yet) But ya know ppl still gotta whine.

Deleted
    It ... Is... a... VIDEOGAME.
    I don't care at all about anyone's sexuality, why should I care about it in a game with made up story ?
    Is it the guys that are upset now, because they can't bone her (in their imagination) ???

It's all good. Relax. Go outside and get some fresh air.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't, just don't read the comics. As far as I can see she doesn't burst out the pages and say "I'm Gay!!" she kisses another woman, so it's implied that she's gay.
    Well, buying a present for a women you live with and then kissing her passionately seems preeeettyy indicative of having romantic feelings for that that individual. There's no "implication" about it.

But, again, I really don't see it as anything to get worked up over.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Leave it to Overwatch to make their franchise mascot the multiple-minority one.

Must have focus grouped that one. What a better way to virtue signal than that?!

Incoming complaints about the attractive, skinny, white one being the lesbian. My popcorn is ready.
    No complaints here.

Did you read the second line of my post

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Are you stupid or just trolling?
    Why would he be either?

There are, shocking I know, people who are growing annoyed everything has to have a minority quota to fill.

Believe it or not, not everybody circlejerks about virtue signalling and diversity. It has nothing to do with intelligence.

What i learned from the internet today: If i find a gay person i should pull out the spotlight and megaphone.

Because what better way to have something be considered normal than to make a big deal of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I don't get this pandering tbh, why do we need to know the character's sexuality at all?
    The fact that Torbjorn boned someone enough times to have nine kids is something that I just didn't need shoved in my face.
    Because if they don't Pander the LGBT crowd will harass Blizz and other Devs relentlessly until they cave.

Need to show the world how diverse and inclusive you are! Because -gasp- somebody might think you a bigot and being a bigot is worse than being a rapist or murderer these days to people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    What i learned from the internet today: If i find a gay person i should pull out the spotlight and megaphone.

Because what better way to have something be considered normal than to make a big deal of it.
    Gay people don't want equality, not really.

Same with feminists.

Because if either group were fully 100% equal, nobody would give a fck about them or their sexuality. They couldn't wear their victimhood like a badge of pride and get attention.

Personally I don't care what other people feel like doing / want to do with their own lives. The world would be a much better place if people stopped caring about what others are doing, let other people do their own thing and stay out of it.

That said this just seems incredibly forced, like they're doing it just for the sake of doing it. Which honestly probably feels quite insulting towards some of the people this is supposed to be for.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post

this has to be the most absurd statement I've ever heard you say
    Because if either group were fully 100% equal, nobody would give a fck about them or their sexuality. They couldn't wear their victimhood like a badge of pride and get attention.
    second most absurd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because if they don't Pander the LGBT crowd will harass Blizz and other Devs relentlessly until they cave.

Need to show the world how diverse and inclusive you are! Because -gasp- somebody might think you a bigot and being a bigot is worse than being a rapist or murderer these days to people.

- - - Updated - - -

Same with feminists.

Yeah you sound like a bigot.

You're the one offended about someone being a certain sexuality or not here, not the LGBT crowd or anyone else.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Sexy maybe my Warcraft characters have a shot with her now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    I would not. Everything from alt right shitstain Milo being accepted as a spokesperson for a normally highly homophobic movement to male privilege still empowering gay men to make more and be taken more seriously than women works against gay women in North America.

One internet idiot's ramblings and frat boy supporters does not a societal assessment make.

I'd, again, say that gay men have historically faced much higher prosecution.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

7+ Year Old Account
    I always imahined tracer wanting to be with merci and all seeing as she's got that angelic presence >.>
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

It's amazing how many people are content to reply after only reading half of your post lol

Always thought it'd be Zarya.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    It's amazing how many people are content to reply after only reading half of your post lol
    I can only reply to so much bullshit I'm sorry.

I often wonder if gay people or people who are considered minorities actually get excited over things like this? Do these people think along the lines of "well, I wasn't going to watch this movie, but the hero is played by a black guy now, just like me! I have to see it!" To me things like this kind of reek of just pandering to the times to cash in, not because the company actual cares. I think I'd be more offended by the random inclusion of gay or minority characters just for the fuck of it in games or movies or tv shows if I belonged to these groups, than if none were included at all. I would never want to be pitied or put under a special spotlight because of my skin color, sex, or sexuality, I wouldn't want people throwing me a bone. Just as I would find it ridiculous if a movie based around gay people had a straight person thrown in just to basically appease straight viewers, and not because the straight person had something to do with the actual story. Never be proud of being pandered to or of other people being pandered to, and if you are excited about certain people being pandered to then you are admitting that you feel deep down they are lower than you in some way and deserve some pity. I'm sure most gay people do not want any form of pity.