Page 58 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    this has to be the most absurd statement I've ever heard you say.
    You don't think it's true?

Why then, is tracer being gay a big deal as if it was some amazing and special moment?

Why does their sexuality deserve special treatment?

I mean, if it were up to me, nobody would give a shit about a gay person being gay. There would be no special attention. Nothing. "I'm gay!" Yeah? So fcking what? Is that the only thing that defines you?

But, I know gays don't want that. They enjoy their first world problems.
    Last edited by BuckSparkles; 2016-12-21 at 06:13 AM.

I can only reply to so much bullshit I'm sorry.
    I'm just upset that Blizzard in this comic is forcing me to recognise that Torbjorn had sweaty unprotected sex with a woman, multiple times.
    I don't want to have to think about this and it's bad.
    They shouldn't force this heterosexuality down our necks.

Deleted
    nice move blizz. people tend to overthink stuff like this.

Does anyone else not give a shit? An entire, lovely comic and people only care about that one panel. I look forward to the day when someone being gay isnt a gigantic issue, positive or negative.

It's a brave new world we live in when sexual orientation becomes an important part of our video game characters...

Man, I remember the good old days with games like Castlevania. No weird fetishism or rule 34, just a straight white guy in a skirt running around and whipping bad, baaaad vampires.

Nowadays everything has to be political and I just find that to be a total buzzkiller. Tracer is a great and likeable character regardless of where she likes to rub her fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    You don't think it's true?

Why then, is tracer being gay a big deal as if it was some amazing and special moment?

Why does their sexuality deserve special treatment?
    are there people like that out there? sure, but guess what? there's plenty of others that don't. Im pointing out the absurdly broad strokes your making. all to add to your hall of whinging.

people make it out to be a big deal, so what? you're not obligated to feel the same way. novel concept I know.

from the comic I can't say it's made out to be any more special then the other happy families that are portrayed.

7+ Year Old Account
    are there people like that out there? sure, but guess what? there's plenty of others that don't. Im pointing out the absurdly broad strokes your making. all to add to your hall of whinging.

people make it out to be a big deal, so what? you're not obligated to feel the same way. novel concept I know.

from the comic I can't say it's made out to be any more special then the other happy families that are portrayed.
    Really? Look at the title of the thread.

Apparently it was special enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I'm just upset that Blizzard in this comic is forcing me to recognise that Torbjorn had sweaty unprotected sex with a woman, multiple times.
    I don't want to have to think about this and it's bad.
    They shouldn't force this heterosexuality down our necks.
    I find the concept no more horrifying then the relationship portrayed at the end of Pixles, YOU KNOW THE ONE. also I assume those are Reinhardt's grandkids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Really? Look at the title of the thread.

Apparently it was special enough.
    on a fucking gaming forum, whooopieee. people want to talk about trite bullshit that means nothing to anyone in the real world. ohh the humanity.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh. Mei is Bae.

Well at least my Mei*Tracer fanfic is now 50% feasible.

Go the rest of the way Blizzard.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Well at least my Mei*Tracer fanfic is now 50% feasible.

Go the rest of the way Blizzard.
    It'd make sense. Mei definitely has that SJW/Trigglypuff lesbian look:

compared with

Also, Mei IRL:

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    You never considered it might because it's something their artists and developers some or more of whom are most likely gay themselves wanted to do it?
    +1^ Exactly what I'm thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Saafiaxo View Post
    As someone who is gay, It annoys the hell out of me that people have to force this LGBT into games and shit otherwise people will get triggered.

It's a game for gods sake. Next we'll have Thrall becoming gay just ....because.

I see what they're doing though. Using the most known character in the OW universe a lesbian..
    I don't really understand your point. People are getting triggered because Tracer is a lesbian, not the other way around. I don't think this is being forced into the game to appease some crowd (I'm gay btw too). I didn't expect anything at all from Blizz on this front but I think it's a nice change of pace anyway.

This is just the character of Tracer not some agenda.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find the concept no more horrifying then the relationship portrayed at the end of Pixles, YOU KNOW THE ONE. also I assume those are Reinhardt's grandkids.
    They're Torb's kids. Blizzard confirmed such over twitter.

I don't think anyone is "triggered" that she's a lesbian. They are "triggered" because Blizzard is trying to be super progressive in a shooter game where lore/background means jack shit. Look at the characters so far, they are all super diverse races/ethnicities and now they are adding in sexual orientations. It feels forced and cringey. It's a shooter, nobody gives two shits about balance of ethnic diversity or which character is non-binary pansexuals. People play the game to frag, not celebrate how progressive the game is.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    They're Torb's kids. Blizzard confirmed such over twitter.
    really? huh. I would.... think they'd be.... shorter. /sorrynotsorry

Quote Originally Posted by Bluespiderman57 View Post

Also, as someone pointed out earlier, there is a reason they didn't do this in Warcraft. In that world, when you weren't fighting, you spent your time doing whatever it is you need to survive in a Medieval setting. Sure it has bunch of steampunk/high fantasy elements in it, but the majority of the people in that world still spend most of their time either farming or training.

One last thing, for all the people who say it should have been Zarya, fuck that. I want hot lesbians.
    Actually in Wrath there is this pair of Night Elf women that are openly flirty to each other. Granted they're not major characters (cause as you say, the era it's based on) but it's hinted at.

As for Zarya from a business standpoint I can't see Blizzard writing her as part of the LBGT community, she's Russian and the country already banned the Tracer comic because of that one image. If the Russian character comes out as Bi or Lesbian I wouldn't put it past the country to outright ban Overwatch game.

Tracer is lesbian, wooowww, so what? what you want? fireworks? This doesnt make it better or worst and doesnt change how i see Tracer. I dont care about the sexual orientation of the character, i care about the depth of the character, the lore, the good part of the lore. This is just minor data.

It was a clever move make the game's "mascot" LGBT, because is so cool, everyone love it and its something people talk in these days.
    Last edited by Baneador; 2016-12-21 at 06:56 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard are not progressive enough. It's not cool to be just gay right now, we obviously need to go further.
    What if Tracer was ecosexual or transgender? Now we are talking.
    It also triggers me, that developers just assumed gender of their characters without asking them. Looks like they are not reading Tumblr enough.

:^)
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

Quote Originally Posted by ujx View Post
    I don't think anyone is "triggered" that she's a lesbian. They are "triggered" because Blizzard is trying to be super progressive in a shooter game where lore/background means jack shit. Look at the characters so far, they are all super diverse races/ethnicities and now they are adding in sexual orientations. It feels forced and cringey. It's a shooter, nobody gives two shits about balance of ethnic diversity or which character is non-binary pansexuals. People play the game to frag, not celebrate how progressive the game is.
    But even from the day Metzen came up on stage to announce Overwatch it was said that the universe and characters were not just going to be in a game. It was q cross media franchise from the start with stories being done in comics, short videos etc.

From the start it was Earth's future, with real wield people from multiple walks of life, multiple nationalities and backstories.

If people are upset cause Tracer is in a relationship with another woman yet utter no complaints about Torbjorn being shown with someone, the fact that Widowmaker was married or Pharah having a romantic meal with a guy, then they are part of a problem.